2008 N.H.L. Playoffs matchups...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks.. say hello to the 2008 Western Conference champs, the Detroit Red Wings, as the Red Wings have beaten Dallas 4 games to 2 tonite with a 4-1 Game 6 victory.. now Detroit will face off vs Pittsburgh for the 2008 Stanley Cup... the Stanley Cup Finals will start I beleive on Saturday May 24th... I will post updated schedule in here as soon as I can get my hand on the tv schedule!!

BTW Detroit and Pittsburgh have never ever faced each other in the playoffs before.. and this will be the first time... will Detroit roll on or will Pittsburgh explode and score to take the Cup for the first time since 1992??? Will see when the series start!!!!

Folks.. say hello to the 2008 Western Conference champs, the Detroit Red Wings, as the Red Wings have beaten Dallas 4 games to 2 tonite with a 4-1 Game 6 victory.. now Detroit will face off vs Pittsburgh for the 2008 Stanley Cup... the Stanley Cup Finals will start I beleive on Saturday May 24th... I will post updated schedule in here as soon as I can get my hand on the tv schedule!!

BTW Detroit and Pittsburgh have never ever faced each other in the playoffs before.. and this will be the first time... will Detroit roll on or will Pittsburgh explode and score to take the Cup for the first time since 1992??? Will see when the series start!!!!

This sums it up :naughty:

SexySidney.jpg

Seems like Ocean is horny for Sid the Kid eh?? LOL....

Yea, it wasnt disappointed, nor surprised. MaxFU, your first prediction was indeed correct, and I sure hope your 2nd prediction is correct as well! :-D

Pens-ultimate! Lets go Pens! Penguins can skate better than tires!

Hey, you got the date correct!

The Stanley cup finals will begin at 8PM EST on May 24th!

It looks like the Wings are back to normal. I was worried there for a bit. The finals should be a great series, these teams are both excellent. Great goalies, fast skaters and great scoring. Can't wait until Saturday.

NHL.com has the schedule for games on Sat 24, Mon 26, Wed 28, Sat 31, Mon 2, Wed 4 and Sat 7 all starting at 8:00. For the US, I think games 1 and 2 are on Vs. and the rest are on NBC.

Yep... it's confirmed....the dates for the 2008 Stanley Cup Finals are correct as mentoined by dennis14....

So it should be a fun series to see... how would Detroit and Pittsburgh do against each other?? Will there be some countering each other's moves and more?? ohh what fun!!!

BTW one cool fact... Scotty Bowman has coached both teams to Cup titles.. first with Pittsburgh in 1992 after replacing the deceased Bob Johnson, who had helped Pittsburgh win their first Cup in 1991, who had passed from cancer .. Scotty has also helped Detroit win 3 titles (1997, 1998 and 2002)... I wonder if Scotty will cheer for one of them? LOL....

yea im dissappointed Flyers didn't win but I'll support Pens on their quest to beat Detroit..

What great season for Penguins offical people that has NHL Pens and "baby" Pens of AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.

Interesting, they beat Philly's Flyers and their "baby Flyers" Phantoms in the playoffs as define be civil war series next year! LOL

Pens in 6.

Finally we can get to see the Stanley Cup Final start tomororw.. I hoping for a fast Pittsburgh sweep..hehe.. but maybe 5 or 6 games would do it.. lol..

Ouch! Penguins got 0-4 to Detriot. I did see the 2nd period and half of 3rd period. Detriot appeared aggressive against Pitts still got more games to go :) GO Penguins! #87

That's weird.. I had a post in here that did explain the start of Game 1 and etc... where the hell did it go?? Huh... oh well... as ya all know now, Detroit won Game 1 and now lead 1 game to 0.. Game 2 is on Monday (on Versus) and I do think Pittsburgh will learn from Game 1 and bounce back good enough...

That's weird.. I had a post in here that did explain the start of Game 1 and etc... where the hell did it go?? Huh... oh well... as ya all know now, Detroit won Game 1 and now lead 1 game to 0.. Game 2 is on Monday (on Versus) and I do think Pittsburgh will learn from Game 1 and bounce back good enough...

Maybe , the mafia sharks gulped it:giggle:

The first game was impressive. Remember, i am a Wings fan. The Pengins came out well, but Detroit took control in the last 2 periods. Tonights game should be really good. I am looking to see the Pens on the agressive side and trying to set the tone early.
Go Wings!!

It's possible Pittsburgh has been looking at film about what they have done wrong and what to do about how Detroit been doing with the attacking plays and etc... and then we will know if Pittsburgh will bounce back or will Detroit stake out a 2 games to 0 lead after tonite?? Yikes... will have to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back