2008 N.H.L. Playoffs matchups...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks... the Detroit Red Wings have got a stranglehold on the series with a 3 games to 1 lead and might end the NHL season tomorrow night if they win Game 5 and the Stanley Cup... unless the Penguins battle back to force Game 6 for Wednesday but I have a feeling the series will be over tomorrow night... it been a good series for sure to watch and I would assume Sid the Kid and the rest of the Penguins will learn well enough to try again next year and finally get to hoist the Stanley Cup as champs...

YAYYAYA for the WINGS last night congrate to them HEHEH

hopefullly for tomorrow

OK folks... its gonna be something tonite... I wonder if the Red Wings are thinking too much ahead to the Stanley Cup?? If that is the case the Penguins might take advantage and win to force Game 6.. but I am sure the Red Wings know they better get this game over with a victory...

Here we go!!! I hope they can close it out at home.

Go Wings!

OK folks... its gonna be something tonite... I wonder if the Red Wings are thinking too much ahead to the Stanley Cup?? If that is the case the Penguins might take advantage and win to force Game 6.. but I am sure the Red Wings know they better get this game over with a victory...

That's a big might :rofl: overall get you in a massive snit :iolol:

Man this is getting ridiclious by the moment.. wow what a wild Game 5.. damnnn... Pitt scored in triple overtime to extend the series to Game 6 on Wednesday!! Man when Detroit got the 4 minute penalty I went uh oh.... thought Pitt could score and what do ya know?? Wow... that blew my mind out after that.. oh well.. Game 6 on Wednesday in Pittsburgh!!!! Do watch that game and be ready for a party OR Game 7 back in Detroit on Saturday June 7th!!!!!!

yup it was WILD game OMG with 3 OT and with Pitts wins ughh
GRR

Indeed it was a wild game! and even getting hit by the puck in the face was wild too!

OH yeah... Ryan Malone of Pittsburgh got hit in the face with that puck!!!! He even broke his nose again..yep ya read this right.. 2nd time the nose been bonked this series.,, holy merde...I wouldnt be surprised if we see Ryan sport a black bruise near his eye and the nose area as a result of that...

Yep what a game last night... 3 overtime periods!! Oh man I was praying for that game to end for sure early and I think Detroit probably thinking about that 3rd period segment where they had been leading 3-2 and trying to kill the clock somehow.. that shouldnt have happened but it did happen when Pitt scored to tie and then the close close calls in the overtime periods with scoring chances!!! When Detroit got the 4 minute penalty in overtime period 3 I thought a big uh oh and though good chance Pitt could score on that long pp.. and what do ya know??? the rest is history... now Game 6 is this Wednesday, what will both Detroit and Pittsburgh do?? Will Detroit refocus and finally end the freaking season or will Pittsburgh be on a monsterous comeback and force the final game of all season, Game 7 back in Detroit for Saturday June 7?!?!?!?! Gotta see that game on Wed and hope for the best!!!! WOO!!

The game was awesome! I was really on edge during the triple ot hoping one of the teams would make a goal and Pitts Penguins shoot! Yes! Now, we wait for game 6 and see what's going with both teams since game 5 was a long night for both teams. Get ready!
NS you are in a massive snit? :giggle:

Penguins didn't do well, because they can't pass, no transition, no rhythm, lack of defense, no offensive threat (look at how many shots Fleury saved compared to Osgood) and last night was definitely lucky win for Penguins.

Next game Detroit is going to whoop Penguins' buttock big time I'm telling you all.

I am sure Detroit will refocus somehow and beat Pitt at their own game for tomorrow.. but we have to wait and see if it will happen or not... so best to let that come and then we will see how that goes...

I think I have recovered from Monday night. 34.3 seconds away from lifting the cup then to see it end 3 periods later. Talk about an emotional night. I was exhausted all day Tuesday.
That is all history and the Wings have another chance tonight. You have to give the Pens credit for not giving up. They did not play their best, but they certainly hung in there. Flurey was incredible, the best game I have seen him play.
Yes, tonight will be interesting. I sure the fans in the Igloo will be very, very loud. The first goal will be important.
Go Wings, again!!!

Oh yeah that Game 5 will be talked about for a while.. whew.... now tonite.. is it the night the Red Wings finally shut down the pesky Penguins and get the Stanley Cup out of the case and parade around Mellon Arena with that?? Or will Pittsburgh force the final game of the season, Game 7 back in Joe Lewis Arena for the end of this week? oohh exciting times eh??? Get ready to watch tonite!!!!

Tonight's game ought to be good, can't wait :)

Oh yeah... that gonna be a long while... I just wish the game would start now.. but ahh gotta wait about 2 1/2 hours... ack... btw in case there another overtime game like last time, be ready for some riots.....if Detroit wins, there will be a massive roit in the city.. if Pittsburgh win to force the final game, I wouldnt be surprised if there will be a riot as well.... oohh.... that gonna be nuts enough...

Oh yeah... that gonna be a long while... I just wish the game would start now.. but ahh gotta wait about 2 1/2 hours... ack... btw in case there another overtime game like last time, be ready for some riots.....if Detroit wins, there will be a massive roit in the city.. if Pittsburgh win to force the final game, I wouldnt be surprised if there will be a riot as well.... oohh.... that gonna be nuts enough...

Your antsy pants :giggle: it will soon start just a couple of hours for moi :Ohno: It will be a surprise :fly2:

Ladies and gentlemen.. say hello to the 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champions from the Motor City, Detroit Red Wings!!! They have won their 11th Stanley Cup, 4 in the last 12 years... what a game tonite was.... Det and Pitt sure came out ready to battle and went on... till Det got lucky on the 3rd goal that squirted thru Fleury who thought he had the puck in his pads but nope.. what a close game this was and the ending of the game was a fury of trying to score more goals... whew...the final score for Game 6 tonight is 3-2 in favor of Detroit.....ohh what a big break for the Red Wings... what a good series and I am sure Sid the Kid plus the young Penguins will learn some valuable experiences from this and do it again next year if possible... Congrats to the Red Wings and now the 2007-08 NHL Season is officially over till September 2008 when the 2008-09 NHL season will be ready to go.... wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back