What makes you happy?

paperclip

Reaction score
I was inspired by the bucket list thread and other conversations.

Originally, I going to make this two threads so people could evaluate the two questions separately, but ultimately I want to look at the relationship between the two.

I am interested in two questions.

1) What makes you happy? (furthermore, what would make you happier?)
2) What are your priorities?

TO many things to list
Laughter
simplicity
surprises (not like parties but little things like a note in my lunch)
my daughters smile
a random hug from my daugher (she has autism)
watching her sleep
nature photography (mine and others)
water flowing slowely
More Respect in the world would make me happier

2) What are your priorities
Only two:
Living with LOVE in everything I do
my daughter

Having both of my children here.

Getting my daughter to be with us.

I learned the hardest lesson of my life this year.

Happy=Rescuing abused cast off dogs, and making them into happy, mentally stable family members.

Priority=Try to stay healthy enough to retire and have fun in ten years or so.

1) What makes me happy?
- Experiencing different cultures, events, and lives, so that I can get a good understanding of different viewpoints.
- Being surrounded by people I love, including family.
- Being financially independent and enjoying what I do (for the most part).

2) What are my priorities?
- Family comes first. (Or at least the good part of my family!) Then close friends.
- Hold a satisfying job.
- Travel and experience new things.

Kinda redundant, eh?

1)
Puppies
Downwind par 5's
Hwy 380 (never a trooper)
Warm summer days with cool nights
Smiles

2)
God
Family
Happiness

(I have no friends locally :tears: )

Happiness is a choice. If one relies on outside things and situations to determine their happiness, they are in a precarious state.

Happiness is a choice. If one relies on outside things and situations to determine their happiness, they are in a precarious state.

Isn't that how it always works? :)

It's good to have a few things you can control, for example, enjoying cooking, finding satisfaction in a job well done, etc.

I think you need to adjust your literal setting........

I stand by puppies

1. If you want to be happy, you will be happy.

2. My priority? Friends, the well-being of my pet(s), travels and self-improvement.

A job to pay the bills and stay busy, a home and a family.

Isn't that how it always works? :)

It's good to have a few things you can control, for example, enjoying cooking, finding satisfaction in a job well done, etc.

Absolutely. But satisfaction is not the same thing as happiness.

I think you need to adjust your literal setting........

I stand by puppies

Perhaps it is your literal setting that needs adjustment. You seem to have a very literal and concrete idea of happiness. Step outside the box.

What makes me happy? Having someone tell me they love me.
What is my priority? Having someone that will tell me they love me.

Well said. As I stated, happiness is a choice.

I find it an odd question because... isn't in a roundabout way the things you value the most are the things that keep you content (or "happy" according to some people?) But then, I realize some people WANT to be miserable, which oddly make them happy with their life in an odd sense, but still have the same priorities that we all hold dear.

I had a situation with a friend that made me analyze what it means to be happy. I found an old friend on FB and she owns a successful modeling agency. We were chatting on FB and she kept talking about how she is living large and how successful she is. I kept telling her that was great and that I am happy for her. She said thanks and then kept going on and on about how wonderful her life is with famous people and being on Playboy and all that. It made me wonder if she is really truly happy because why the need to keep going how wonderful life is all because of fame and money? Nothing about family, friends or anything.

When I told her I was a teacher and she made a comment about teaching doesnt pay enough. Uh ok..she is right but was that necessary?

What do you think?

I was inspired by the bucket list thread and other conversations.

Originally, I going to make this two threads so people could evaluate the two questions separately, but ultimately I want to look at the relationship between the two.

What makes me happy is my family. They are always there for me and bring me joy. I love God, also, for the same reason, any gaps my family may leave, he fills in for me. My priorities are to serve God as best I can, everything else in my life will fall into place.

Back