What makes you happy?

I had a situation with a friend that made me analyze what it means to be happy. I found an old friend on FB and she owns a successful modeling agency. We were chatting on FB and she kept talking about how she is living large and how successful she is. I kept telling her that was great and that I am happy for her. She said thanks and then kept going on and on about how wonderful her life is with famous people and being on Playboy and all that. It made me wonder if she is really truly happy because why the need to keep going how wonderful life is all because of fame and money? Nothing about family, friends or anything.

When I told her I was a teacher and she made a comment about teaching doesnt pay enough. Uh ok..she is right but was that necessary?

What do you think?

I think she is insecure and has to make you feel less so she can feel important in her own mind.

I think she is insecure and has to make you feel less so she can feel important in her own mind.

That'swhat I wonder but WHY? She is a bikini model and owns a successful business. *scratching my head*

Just one of life's mysteries.

When we hung out, she was sweet but seemed to always have drama with men. :hmm:

I had a situation with a friend that made me analyze what it means to be happy. I found an old friend on FB and she owns a successful modeling agency. We were chatting on FB and she kept talking about how she is living large and how successful she is. I kept telling her that was great and that I am happy for her. She said thanks and then kept going on and on about how wonderful her life is with famous people and being on Playboy and all that. It made me wonder if she is really truly happy because why the need to keep going how wonderful life is all because of fame and money? Nothing about family, friends or anything.

When I told her I was a teacher and she made a comment about teaching doesnt pay enough. Uh ok..she is right but was that necessary?

What do you think?

I think that she is thinking of dollars in her eyes. Being rich and/or famous can blind the person with material things that make her happy (her choice). She is now degrading you that being a teacher is not good enough profession to earn a lot of money. If she had million of dollars, then her career for being a bikini model and started her own business has made her successful. She is being superior to you. :dunno: :(

Like Jillio said, I have a choice to be happy with doing my crossword puzzles and doing a lot of time on computer with ADers and playing with Fishville (Oh, I love fishes in aquarium). I don't want to have real fishes in my aquarium in my home. They need to be out in the wild and be happy for themselves too. This is the same with birds which I love to feed and watch outside of my house. I would not want a bird pet in a cage in my house. They are free outside better than being coop up in the house. There are a few things that make me happy. Yes, we can be sad once in a while. No one is ever happy all the time. When I am happy, I love to spend time with my husband when we go somewhere places. So that is good. :)

Perhaps it is your literal setting that needs adjustment. You seem to have a very literal and concrete idea of happiness. Step outside the box.

:lol: You are the one that took the question to mean literal happiness..... I took it to mean what makes you smile?.....what do you enjoy?...... What makes your day?.so you see, it was me who stepped outside of the box all along, :) But thanks for coming into a fun thread with your negativity.

I am sure I can be happy on Par 5's into the wind too..... :laugh2:

:lol: You are the one that took the question to mean literal happiness..... I took it to mean what makes you smile?.....what do you enjoy?...... What makes your day?.so you see, it was me who stepped outside of the box all along, :) But thanks for coming into a fun thread with your negativity.

I try to be happy on par 5's with head wind and bitter rain....

But again, the way I do it is being in the clubhouse downing a few while the storm passes.

I never know what will make me happy. Life is so full of little surprises. :)

Love this thread! For me, more and more it's all the little things. The smell of fresh-cut grass on the first really hot day of the year. Going barefoot for the first time in summer. Getting on a crowded subway and realizing there's still a seat left! Pushing the elevator button in the lobby, and the one that's right in front of me is the door that opens first. Reading with my daughters at bedtime.

The older I get, the less it takes to make me happy. I think I'm moving in the right direction! :)

That is not what Jillio meant. She means that we have a choice to be happy like for example, if I went out with my husband to travel some place, I will be happy with him going place, but if there is another place which I don't mind going to the place he want to go, like going to his alcoholic friend which I am not happy visiting him or her when we went out outing. There is a side of up and down when it comes to being happy or sad. Do you understand what I am getting at, TXgolfer? :hmm: It is up to us to make a choice for making ourselves being happy when there is a free spirit in the air. That is all. :)

What do you think?

If I were her to make comments about teaching does not pay well then I would be insecure to be around you based on your well received education compared with me. It's my opinion. She just happens to be lucky to have her nice body and nice looking to make lots of $. *shrug*.

:dunno2:

That is not what Jillio meant. She means that we have a choice to be happy like for example, if I went out with my husband to travel some place, I will be happy with him going place, but if there is another place which I don't mind going to the place he want to go, like going to his alcoholic friend which I am not happy visiting him or her when we went out outing. There is a side of up and down when it comes to being happy or sad. Do you understand what I am getting at, TXgolfer? :hmm: It is up to us to make a choice for making ourselves being happy when there is a free spirit in the air. That is all. :)

I understood before :lol: I choose to have fun with this thread
and let others do the same. :). No reason to be critical in
a fun thread but some chose to...... Oh well. I'm happy :lol:

I am happy when things I try to do work out properly.
I am happy when I can get some good sleep.
I am happy with a lot of things, and there are a lot of things that make me happy. It's all about looking for the positive in every situation.

My flight from SF to Dallas via LA just got cancelled so I
am in SF for another night and maybe 2 more nights. Add this
to my list of things that make me happy! :)

My flight from SF to Dallas via LA just got cancelled so I
am in SF for another night and maybe 2 more nights. Add this
to my list of things that make me happy! :)

Enjoy your extended time in SF.

The sun, my friends and family, the ocean, my cats, a cup of coffee, a glass of wine, a hot bath, clean sheets, an A on a test or paper...

The sun, my friends and family, the ocean, my cats, a cup of coffee, a glass of wine, a hot bath, clean sheets, an A on a test or paper...

Wow, congratulation on passing your mark A on your test paper. Yay!!! :rockon: :applause: I am happy for you. Whoo! :)

I was inspired by the bucket list thread and other conversations.

Originally, I going to make this two threads so people could evaluate the two questions separately, but ultimately I want to look at the relationship between the two.

I am interested in two questions.

1) What makes you happy? (furthermore, what would make you happier?)
2) What are your priorities?

Happiness is doing things you love to do, that makes me happy. Another thing that makes me happy is seeing other people happy:)

Having the house to myself, if that ever happens, especially with a husband and two boys. I might just get that if hubby takes our youngest on a camping trip. :)

Sunshine, rain showers, birds, children's giggles, wagging tails, soft fall breezes....
Priorities? God, family, my fellow man

Back