We're Having Triplets...

Aquaman

Reaction score
:shock::shock::shock:

I'm trying to find other deaf couples who have had multiples. We are trying to figure out the baby monitor/light alarm maze... It's turning out to be more complicated than I thought it would be. :hmm:

Are we alone?

-Paul

Wow! Congratulations, and God bless your family. :)

That's triple the diapers you'll have to change. :lol:

Congratulations, and bless your family!

Wirelessly posted

Congratulations on your triple blessing! Always thought they were a miracle.. my sister has twin daughters. They are beautiful girls and I am madly in love with them!

Oh Boy!...Triple WOW!...3 of everything...wishing you both the very best...and hope ur in-laws and family are willing to lend a hand!!...

Thank you all for the congratulations... I think.

Neither of us have any family here in Hawaii so we will be flying solo for the most part with some help from friends... Hopefully!

3X the diapers. Geesh. :eek3:

3x the car seats, 3x the carriers, 3x the cribs... Shoes, pacifiers, oh, I could go on all day.

We even sold my wife's beautiful G-35 coupe (no way am I letting my manly truck go and besides it will fit 3 baby seats in the back cab so I dodged that bullet :D) and picked up a late-model Toyota Sienna that seats 8. All 6 rear seats have the LATCH system so we're good to go with that. Two built in DVD screens (yes, it does subtitles, yay!) and a remote power door so we can still close the side door while juggling three squirming kids. Never thought we'd ever own a mini van!

Still looking for deaf couples out there with multiples... Anybody?

-Paul

Congrats!!!!! Best of luck with everything! One of my friends is pregnant with twins. A coworker of mine has deaf twins who are high school seniors. However, I dont know anyone with triplets or more.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't have "multiples" - congratulations! It must be an exciting time for you! :)

Congratulations!! I'm a triplet, but one of my sisters died at 5 months old in special care.

Condolences... errr, congrats! :D

I'm a twin myself. My mother managed to raise three boys all on her own. You and your wife will be just fine. =)

Congratulation on having triplets. It is a lot better than having six babies so number 3 is a safe number. It does take a lot of work and trying to raise them without family but friends would be great to help you and your wife out. Good luck. :thumb:

No idea where the multiple babies come from Deaf families. I wish you would give us a cigar for being a proud Dad, eh? :lol:

A lil update and some photos...

They came early. Nearly 2 months early. :shock:

Water broke just as I was about to get dressed to go to work. Snapped this quick picture on our way out.
DSCN0144.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

Checking in... ASL interpreter present.
DSCN0160.jpg

Hooked up to THREE baby heart monitors...
DSCN0165.jpg

Doctors tried to stop the labor, hoping to get the babies to stay in her for another week to grow more. Their lungs weren't ready yet... 19 hours later, her cervix was dilated 5 cm. The babies were coming whether we wanted them to or not!

DSCN0195.jpg

I taped the whole thing with this:
DSCN0199.jpg

No, I'm not uploading it anywhere, but here are a few picture captures from the video footage:
Alexander
vlcsnap-2011-01-14-19h38m41s240.jpg

Blake
vlcsnap-2011-01-14-19h40m06s54.jpg

Catalina
vlcsnap-2011-01-14-19h42m26s73.jpg

Time for daddy to play too!
vlcsnap-2011-01-14-19h44m15s32.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-01-14-19h45m02s249.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-01-14-19h45m26s225.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

The hearing test. They wanted to wait 2 or 3 weeks. We said NO! The suspense was killing us.
DSCN0409.jpg

All turned out to be hearing.
DSCN0411.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

Meeting our service dog for the first time:
DSCN3190.jpg

DSCN3196.jpg

Stupid forum won't let me post all the pics - too many. Limited to 20 per post so here's just a few more...

Getting discharged yesterday. Alexander wasn't ready to be discharged so it was just Blake and Catalina that came home last night.
DSCN3240.jpg

DSCN3243.jpg

DSCN3246.jpg

-Paul

Wow! Congratulations!

Great pictures. :)

Back