should parents lose custody of fat kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close...but no cigar.

Yes, I'm offensive of those who call me names, try to assassinate my character, or tell lies about me.

Yes, I'm intolerant of those who try to color the truth.

No, I'm not ignorant.......as you have shown by being unable to prove one post of mine is wrong.

No one can prove you wrong as right and wrong do not exist. We live in a world of mediocrity. From mediocrity you can go upward to better choices and best choices and down to worse choices and worst choices -- But nothing is wholly right or wrong, is or isn't, yes or no.

We live in a world where even death can be mechanically postponed to the point where the dead live via machinery and the living are dead except for a few brain waves.

The closest we can get to the truth is, "You can judge the intent by the effects of the actions."

My only kid is an Army Ranger and a military doctor (hold the applause Reba) and I would put him up against your juvenile delinquent any day of the week.

I do hope that you have documented proof that my son is a juvenile delinquent, because if you don't, you have just committed slander, and I am not opposed to filing a civil lawsuit. So, I would suggest you either retract your slanderous statement, or get to proving it right here right now. Post has also been reported.

Proper nutrition should be a topic with parenting classes.

And IMO, EVERY parent should be required to take parenting classes that include child development, positive behavior support, proper nutrition, and basic care before they can bring their babies home from the hospital. Extreme? Maybe. But I bet on the farm that I don't have that we will see huge improvement in a lot of areas.

My only kid is an Army Ranger and a military doctor (hold the applause Reba) and I would put him up against your juvenile delinquent any day of the week.
Wow, a new low! :eek3:

Proper nutrition should be a topic with parenting classes.

And IMO, EVERY parent should be required to take parenting classes that include child development, positive behavior support, proper nutrition, and basic care before they can bring their babies home from the hospital. Extreme? Maybe. But I bet on the farm that I don't have that we will see huge improvement in a lot of areas.

Several hospitals now offer pre-natal parenting classes for the parents who plan to deliver there. Wish they would all start the practice.

Wirelessly posted

Glenn said:
Wow, a new low! :eek3:

No, the newest low is calling kids "fat" and we wonder why they overeat! My goodness people, character assassination at its lowest here- focus on YOUR own children NOT other people's kids. This thread makes me very wary to share info about my 2 girls and they aren't even born yet!

Wirelessly posted

No, the newest low is calling kids "fat" and we wonder why they overeat! My goodness people, character assassination at its lowest here- focus on YOUR own children NOT other people's kids. This thread makes me very wary to share info about my 2 girls and they aren't even born yet!

Just be very selective with whom you share it. Some, quite obviously, are not deserving of being included in such precious things as the lives of children.

Hope all is going well with the pregnancy.

Wirelessly posted

Oh yes jillio it is over at FB where I share private info of our girls and PM me if you want to be in my FB. Yes I am choosy because info can be easily manipulated and abused- that's frightening. Take rolling for example. I'd never allow that in my FB so you hang in there jillio. Keep in touch.

Wirelessly posted

Oh yes jillio it is over at FB where I share private info of our girls and PM me if you want to be in my FB. Yes I am choosy because info can be easily manipulated and abused- that's frightening. Take rolling for example. I'd never allow that in my FB so you hang in there jillio. Keep in touch.

I have to consider the source on that one.:cool2: You take care of yourself and those babies. I am counting the days with you!

I guess I'm going to have to break down and open a FB account finally!

Plus, putting too much emphasis on controlling her food intake and her weight could trigger an eating disorder. You sure don't want that. At this age, just make sure she is getting a healthy diet and is getting exercise every day.

I do agree with that one - big time. But I also blame on societal influences - fast food and inactivity contribute to obesity. And obsession with "dieting" crap. I am sickened when I watched "Extreme Makeover: weight edition" because it imposes unrealistic expectations on those morbidly obese people. That crazy fitness nut thinks that exercise is the BEST way to lose weight and that's FLATLY UNTRUE! People have more success if they just eat less. Exercise actually does little. I can cite several studies proving that. Exercise is good but totally overhyped.

It's not just children, adults are fatter than ever. I know - I sometimes gain weight and have to slow down and lose a bit.

Yo-yo dieting has proven to be ineffective; you HAVE to LEARN how to maintain weight instead of packing so much weight then losing so much weight in short periods! That's why I Don't "diet." I just maintain. I don't fret when I gain 5 lbs... I just eat less and I lose as a result. I do it slow and easy instead of saying, "Ok, I am FAT! I have to take diet pills and get on cabbage diet!" That's BS! That's what happened to my mother and sister - they think, "oops im fat... ill take diet pills" and it only gets them in a vicious cycle, getting fatter than ever.

I have to consider the source on that one.:cool2: You take care of yourself and those babies. I am counting the days with you!

I admit I "hide" over on FB when this place starts to get to me. :wave:

I do agree with that one - big time. But I also blame on societal influences - fast food and inactivity contribute to obesity. And obsession with "dieting" crap. I am sickened when I watched "Extreme Makeover: weight edition" because it imposes unrealistic expectations on those morbidly obese people. That crazy fitness nut thinks that exercise is the BEST way to lose weight and that's FLATLY UNTRUE! People have more success if they just eat less. Exercise actually does little. I can cite several studies proving that. Exercise is good but totally overhyped.

It's not just children, adults are fatter than ever. I know - I sometimes gain weight and have to slow down and lose a bit.

Yo-yo dieting has proven to be ineffective; you HAVE to LEARN how to maintain weight instead of packing so much weight then losing so much weight in short periods! That's why I Don't "diet." I just maintain. I don't fret when I gain 5 lbs... I just eat less and I lose as a result. I do it slow and easy instead of saying, "Ok, I am FAT! I have to take diet pills and get on cabbage diet!" That's BS! That's what happened to my mother and sister - they think, "oops im fat... ill take diet pills" and it only gets them in a vicious cycle, getting fatter than ever.

On this we can definately agree.

All I can say is, thank Gawd you had your tubes tired.

that's pretty offensive, rolling7. I know a few who were in that situation and they're doing it to prevent unplanned pregnancy... and they already have kids.

And I hope it's public information.

that's pretty offensive, rolling7. I know a few who were in that situation and they're doing it to prevent unplanned pregnancy... and they already have kids.

And I hope it's public information.

Just wait. He gets even more offensive than that!

Or they give into their kids' demands because it's easier.

Yeah , that is so true! I did not that. If my teenage daughter did not like what I made for dinner she had to cook her own. I was not going to cook two meals.
I saw the Michelle Obama on TV today and she has put on weight! And she been running around preaching to parents to feed their kids better! And her girls has put on weight since they moved in the White House! Michelle Obama should take care of her own kids and stop telling parents what to do!!

DO NOT be trying to put words in my mouth. You can not find one post of mine that gives the idea that I want the government or anyone in the bedroom. I have not nor will I ever support a law to control reproduction.

If you care to go back and re-read my post, I did say a professional will never allow a child under his/her care to become obsess. Your post above proves my point where you explain the parents going to the doctor AFTER the child is already fat. By giving people education classes BEFORE they even consider having a child, any problem (and I do wish all babies were born without a disorder) that does come about the parent ALREADY has information to help with the serious issue. When we
look at the issue of children being taken away (which I'm totally against) all the causes are after-the-fact.....i.e. after the child is born, after the child is fast, etc.
So, just why a person is opposed to education before-the-fact is beyond me!

don't get your panties in a twist! I was asking what kind of education did you mean! I said nothing about the government!!

Absolutely it works for both young and old. When there are no goodies in the house thats it. I have a cousin that is spoiling her kids food wise. One son almost choked on some food. She is spoiling them because of a lack of other things in their lives. It sucks because you can't really tell her anything. When you start them young on sweets then they will have a taste for it. It's best not to start a bad habit. Im sure some people don't know there is sugar on McDonalds fries, chicken sandwiches, burgers, probably even the salad! :giggle:

I can't keep sweets in my house for my granddaughter as I end up eating them! I only let my child have chocolate on holidays, I did buy trail mixes or made homemade candy for her. I did not want my child to get hung up on wanting sweets all the time.

I disagree. I believe they should be mandated to learn about sex, home economics, finances, children upraising, and responsibilities of marriage in a secular perspective where religious people can be happy to add their beliefs to the secular education... at home!

A planned parenthood produce healthy and happy children.
But are you saying that people who haven't taken the parenting classes shouldn't be allowed to bear and rear children?

...And IMO, EVERY parent should be required to take parenting classes that include child development, positive behavior support, proper nutrition, and basic care before they can bring their babies home from the hospital. Extreme? Maybe. But I bet on the farm that I don't have that we will see huge improvement in a lot of areas.
How would you enforce that? Hospitals don't want to keep healthy infants in their facilities, and I imagine social services would be overwhelmed.

Yes...FB! FB! For Jillio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back