Mental issue due to play GTA game?

Ok, let's reduce the argument about games and murders into something else. Mass shooting is not frequent (1 person out of millions of gamers) and usually involve person who is depressed/mental issue.

Do you feel violent games that feature realism (CoD, CS:S, Battlefield, Rainbow 6, Borderlands, Crysis, Farcry, ETC) can lead addicted gamer to develop aggression/anger in real life?

This answer - I believe many parents say their kid(s) may get behavior issues from playing games too long.
I understand that it can drive gamers crazy but if they don't have real weapons available to them, they would not do harm. Know what I am saying? For example, Conn shooter played those violent games and his mother had guns at home, that's why it happened. If she didn't own guns, he wouldn't be able to go shooting children. IMO, parents who own guns must pay attention to their kid(s)' behaviors. It's their responsibility. In other words, Conn shooter's mom is to blame for dead innocent kindergarteners.

I understand that it can drive gamers crazy but if they don't have real weapons available to them, they would not do harm. Know what I am saying? For example, Conn shooter played those violent games and his mother had guns at home, that's why it happened. If she didn't own guns, he wouldn't be able to go shooting children. IMO, parents who own guns must pay attention to their kid(s)' behaviors. It's their responsibility. In other words, Conn shooter's mom is to blame for dead innocent kindergarteners.

He's 20, he's an adult. You're going down the road toward blaming gun companies for making the gun in the first place.

Herald-Journal - Google News Archive Search

I'm sure she has knives, sticks and gasoline in the house too.

He's 20, he's an adult. You're going down the road toward blaming gun companies for making the gun in the first place.

Herald-Journal - Google News Archive Search
20 years old guy was the mom's kid even when he was an adult. She knew he was crazy and yet she let him play those games and her guns were accessible. That was a fucking bad idea. The gun companies had nothing to do with it.

In the old times, there were no rates on the game. wonder if the old video games were nothing??

In the old times, there were no rates on the game. wonder if the old video games were nothing??

I remember there being some outcry over Double Dragon (yes really), because when they punch out your girlfriend and carry her off, you could see two white pixels which were - shock! - her underwear.

Games were mostly self-regulating, stuff like Leisure Suit Larry carried a warning of its own on the box and also had that stupid (and easy) test to stop kids from seeing the blocky, 16 colour EGA boobies. People thought some games were just mindless killing sometimes but it wasn't until the games looked or felt more realistic (the crucial games were Night Trap with women in FMV, Doom and Wolfenstein with first person view making you feel like you were there, and Mortal Kombat with digitized actors) that it became a problem all of a sudden.

Thing is, the ratings mean almost nothing if you don't bother checking them. My parents were at their local video store and saw a grandmother rent Toy Story 3 and Ted for her six year old grandson. :dunno:

Have you experienced of game rage before? hehe

tumblr_m6de77cvnH1r400abo1_1280.png

Haha. Actually my son made me to play with him but i didnt do too well. He lets me die a lot because he said i keep screwing up and accidently into zombie or whatever it was and he tries to save me too many times. So he gave up on me. How ironic he still askes me to play. :ugh: icant say no.

There's the reason I am staying away from LoL and DoTA and HoN and all those other games.

The FBI said it is a risk factor. I don't think anyone is blaming games entirely. But there is no doubt that there is a link.
While there's a "possible" link, there are actually other factors to consider.

Think of it this way...

Let's suppose a study was done investigating a link between ice cream and cancer.

They decide to study a public place where ice cream is often consumed... a beach.

They test everyone who eats ice cream all day and come to a startling realization... they had developed cancer or cancerous cells in their bodies.

So, a report is made... ICE CREAM CAUSES CANCER!!!

What's really going on? What did they not see? It wasn't really ice cream. It was that those people were spending all day outside in the sun and they had developed skin cancer.

So... with this gaming issue being the topic.

Is it the game? Maybe. But if the game is violent, then how did those kids get their hands on the games? Did their parents buy it for them? Did the store allow them to buy the game? Did their friends loan them the game? Were the kids mentally raised the wrong way to a point where their minds were wrongfully tricked into doing wrong things? Who's really to blame for all of this?

While there's a "possible" link, there are actually other factors to consider.

Think of it this way...

Let's suppose a study was done investigating a link between ice cream and cancer.

They decide to study a public place where ice cream is often consumed... a beach.

They test everyone who eats ice cream all day and come to a startling realization... they had developed cancer or cancerous cells in their bodies.

So, a report is made... ICE CREAM CAUSES CANCER!!!

What's really going on? What did they not see? It wasn't really ice cream. It was that those people were spending all day outside in the sun and they had developed skin cancer.

So... with this gaming issue being the topic.

Is it the game? Maybe. But if the game is violent, then how did those kids get their hands on the games? Did their parents buy it for them? Did the store allow them to buy the game? Did their friends loan them the game? Were the kids mentally raised the wrong way to a point where their minds were wrongfully tricked into doing wrong things? Who's really to blame for all of this?

Nobody said that games were the only factor. I happen to believe they are a huge factor. I guess we will have to wait for more mass shootings and compare data.

that dreadful game,i stick with astroid and pacman games
People who play Pac-Man too much end up becoming obese because they eat everything they get their hands on? People who play Asteroids too much become destructive? They develop a habit of thing things at things around the room trying to break them. Yeah, games are bad for us. They cause us to do stupid things. ;)

Nobody said that games were the only factor. I happen to believe they are a huge factor. I guess we will have to wait for more mass shootings and compare data.
When it comes to doing research based on mass shootings, they're looking in the wrong places. There will never be enough proper research until someone stops blaming games and movies.

Back