Mental issue due to play GTA game?

When it comes to doing research based on mass shootings, they're looking in the wrong places. There will never be enough proper research until someone stops blaming games and movies.

I disagree, I think they are on the right track. I guess we will see in the future. I think Naisho's posts were pretty informative.

We shouldn't blame movies either.

I agree.

When it comes to doing research based on mass shootings, they're looking in the wrong places. There will never be enough proper research until someone stops blaming games and movies.

Yes, the blame on games for violence will eventually become past like legislators did to movie and comic about many, many years ago, so left to small groups like few people here blame on games for silly reason.

I don't believe that games are major factor to violence, but only small number.

While there's a "possible" link, there are actually other factors to consider.

Think of it this way...

Let's suppose a study was done investigating a link between ice cream and cancer.

They decide to study a public place where ice cream is often consumed... a beach.

They test everyone who eats ice cream all day and come to a startling realization... they had developed cancer or cancerous cells in their bodies.

So, a report is made... ICE CREAM CAUSES CANCER!!!

What's really going on? What did they not see? It wasn't really ice cream. It was that those people were spending all day outside in the sun and they had developed skin cancer.

So... with this gaming issue being the topic.

Is it the game? Maybe. But if the game is violent, then how did those kids get their hands on the games? Did their parents buy it for them? Did the store allow them to buy the game? Did their friends loan them the game? Were the kids mentally raised the wrong way to a point where their minds were wrongfully tricked into doing wrong things? Who's really to blame for all of this?

Good point, playing video game don't cause common disease, unlike foods do.

I have heard about GMO could increase the risk to develop the intestine disease, but FDA/USDA don't ban it because of not enough strong research. It took years for us to found out that smoking tobacco is bad for our health.

I agree.

Yes, the blame on games for violence will eventually become past like legislators did to movie and comic about many, many years ago, so left to small groups like few people here blame on games for silly reason.

I don't believe that games are major factor to violence, but only small number.

I dare say that if these incidents involving gamers continue the blame will intensify rather than fading away.

I dare say that if these incidents involving gamers continue the blame will intensify rather than fading away.

You can believe whatever you want.

The anti-game legislation isn't going happen for rest of our life, though. ;)

It took years for us to found out that smoking tobacco is bad for our health.

And many many deaths. It took government a long time to admit this but the truth is common sense should have told people that inhaling smoke is bad for your health.

indeed.... as the games get more and more realistic than ever to the point where it would get so disturbingly depraved.

And many many deaths. It took government a long time to admit this but the truth is common sense should have told people that inhaling smoke is bad for your health.

Yes, that's correct and the secondhand smoking is serious matter too.

:dunno: we will see.

Well, California tried it but got struck down by US Supreme Court.

Why are you not point at movie and comic? Most of time I saw you talk about video game.

Good point, playing video game don't cause common disease, unlike foods do.

I have heard about GMO could increase the risk to develop the intestine disease, but FDA/USDA don't ban it because of not enough strong research. It took years for us to found out that smoking tobacco is bad for our health.

playing violent realistic video games cause mental decay which translates to society decay.

Why are you not point at movie and comic? Most of time I saw you talk about video game.

because in comic and movie - it doesn't allow you to have a full control of the violent environment. video game does. can you slaughter, rape, or beat up a person in comic book or movie? no.

A person who watches movies is a spectator to violence. A person playing ing violent video games participates (simulated) in the violence.

Teen Crime Spree Inspired By Grand Theft Auto
ix teenagers were in court today following an all-night crime spree that began late Wednesday night and lasted into the early morning hours. The six teens allegedly began the evening with a mugging outside of a Nassau County, New York supermarket, eventually parading down a Garden City street carrying baseball bats and a crow bar, robbing one motorist and smashing a passing vehicle with a bat. What would cause such behavior in our impressionable young teens? Grand Theft Auto, of course.
"It was determined that they were emulating the character in that Grand Theft Auto game, going on a crime spree" using weapons and tactics inspired by the controversial video game, said Det. Sgt. Anthony Repalone, a Nassau police spokesman.

"We got certain admissions" from the boys, Repalone said.

playing violent realistic video games cause mental decay which translates to society decay.

You are really funny. :lol:

because in comic and movie - it doesn't allow you to have a full control of the violent environment. video game does. can you slaughter, rape, or beat up a person in comic book or movie? no.

The player rape doesn't exist in video game due to rating - ESRB will classifies the game as AO if allow player to rape someone so it is market failure.

Beat up, fighting, slaughter, stomping, etc are traditional part of video game and I see the video game as fantasy, despite about having a realistic graphic.

A person who watches movies is a spectator to violence. A person playing ing violent video games participates (simulated) in the violence.

Video game is not real, that's common sense.

If you think it is real so don't play it.

You are really funny. :lol:
I don't find this funny at all. Your gaming addiction is especially quite concerning.

The player rape doesn't exist in video game due to rating - ESRB will classifies the game as AO if allow player to rape someone so it is market failure.

Beat up, fighting, slaughter, stomping, etc are traditional part of video game and I see the video game as fantasy, despite about having a realistic graphic.
I'm afraid you're wrong. ESRB is not a "supreme law". anybody can sell it whatever and however they wish to.

Stanford Junior School Pupils Play 'The Raping Game' In Brighton

common sense? I'm afraid many teens don't see it that way. I thought you know enough by now that there are tons of stupid people out there with no common sense.

I don't find this funny at all. Your gaming addiction is especially quite concerning.

I'm afraid you're wrong. ESRB is not a "supreme law". anybody can sell it whatever they wish.

Stanford Junior School Pupils Play 'The Raping Game' In Brighton

I'm not addicted to gaming so I have no idea about what are you getting from, even violent video game doesn't worsen or aggressive my behavior because I know those are not real, they are for entertainment purpose.

ESRB is rating agency in North America only, not UK nor is Europe. The rating board in UK and Europe are run by government, since ESRB is self-regulated that all game publishers have to follow. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo banned AO rated and unrated games from playing on game console, also Valve (Steam) banned those too.

common sense? I'm afraid many teens don't see it that way. I thought you know enough by now that there are tons of stupid people out there with no common sense.

That's their problem and their parent is responsible for not taking proper care of them.

1) Sadly, it is very real to some. Hence "detachment from reality"

2) Note the word "simulated"

Back