Law Requires Ultrasound Before Abortion

Condom is answer.

Condoms break, dude. Like someone already said above. Stop commenting. Either that, or, come back in a few years after you've had time to grow up a little bit. Your comments in this thread really is showing your lack of understanding/maturity about the subject.

Wirelessly posted

JoeyDeafNinja said:
I felt it is wrong to kill babies.

Sorry to say this- the day you are able to naturally conceive and carry a child to full term which is 40 weeks, that's the day you can form an opinion about how wrong it is for women to have abortions. You are a man. You will not be able to experience the shock of an unwanted pregnancy, the pain of an abortion procedure and suffer the loss of an infant from a decision to have an abortion. Short to say, some men need to zip it up. Up here and down there.

I'm not going to wade through 4 pages of the same old, same old. Let's just say the law will be challanged, because the state cannot mandate appropriate medical care for anyone, including women who are considering an abortion. If an ultrasound is necessary for the health of the woman, the doctor is the one to decide if it is to be done, and under what circumstantances. This is just another one of those religious attempts to circumvent law.

Almost. It's a religious attempt to rewrite the law, to mandate their medieval notions of morality.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

StSapphire said:
I'm not going to wade through 4 pages of the same old, same old. Let's just say the law will be challanged, because the state cannot mandate appropriate medical care for anyone, including women who are considering an abortion. If an ultrasound is necessary for the health of the woman, the doctor is the one to decide if it is to be done, and under what circumstantances. This is just another one of those religious attempts to circumvent law.

Almost. It's a religious attempt to rewrite the law, to mandate their medieval notions of morality.

You can't resist adding that extra dig, can you?

Well, your aim is off.

Just to note, I wasn't saying that all religions have medieval notions of morality, just that those who do have medieval notions of morality are the ones supporting these bills, which is, to me, an accurate assessment. And I'm well aware that you'd disagree with that.

JoeyDeafNinja,

That is understandable that you have not reach to age 21 yet. I really hope that you will hang out with lots of right gals with awesome personality then it will give you something to think about it.

StSapphire said:
Well, your aim is off.

Just to note, I wasn't saying that all religions have medieval notions of morality, just that those who do have medieval notions of morality are the ones supporting these bills, which is, to me, an accurate assessment. And I'm well aware that you'd disagree with that.

Apparently, you don't know much about real Medieval morality or contemporary religious beliefs. :lol:

Apparently, you don't know much about real Medieval morality or contemporary religious beliefs. :lol:

Hah, well okay, you got me on the medieval bit, I probably couldn't accurately explain their models of morality any better than a caricature, though I was just using that as a phrase equivalent to "extremely out of date and backwards looking".

I do know quite a lot about contemporary religious beliefs, of a wide variety of different religions, though. A few do not, to me, appear to be extremely backwards. Many seem to be fairly out of date. And another few appear to be extremely out of date and backwards to me. Those which oppose abortion on a two step front (ie opposition both as a claim that "life begins at conception and thus abortion is murder" and "as a method of punishing sexually active women") fall under the "extremely out of date and backwards" category to me.

StSapphire said:
... "as a method of punishing sexually active women"

Which religions oppose abortions on demand as a way to punish women for for their sexual activity?

Last edited:

Which religions oppose abortions on demand as a way to punish women for for their sexual activity?

Those who insist they are going to hell for doing it.

Reba - people use the Bible to justify that abortion is wrong. Although there are biblical passages that equates life with when one takes their first breath. Babies don't breathe in the womb.

And the bible apparently doesn't deem a miscarriage caused by a man striking a woman as serious as murder. He may just have to pay a fine.:

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica](NAS, Exodus 21:22-24)

So, whenever people quote the Bible to justify abortion as wrong, I quote the bible right back at them.
[/FONT]

Beowulf said:

Those who insist they are going to hell for doing it.

Which religions say that? Mine doesn't.

Do you want an actual itemized list of all that I can think of?

And to clarify, I'm not saying that their official position of opposing abortion is actually enunciated as "to punish sexually active women", but when combined with the sex-negative views of their religions (viewing sexual activity as shameful, aiming to reduce the amount of accurate knowledge that followers have with regards to sex, etc) and the rhetoric used to fight abortions (claiming that it is an irresponsible way of handling the consequences of sex, calling those who get abortions irresponsible and/or promiscuous, telling the women to "just close their legs", etc), it is apparent that regardless of the actual words used, the opinions driving the moral decision stem at least partially from a goal to reduce access to abortions as a method of punishing sexually active women by forcing them to endure 9 or more months of labor for the sin of being sexually active.

DeafCaroline said:
Reba - people use the Bible to justify that abortion is wrong. Although there are biblical passages that equates life with when one takes their first breath. Babies don't breathe in the womb.

And the bible apparently doesn't deem a miscarriage caused by a man striking a woman as serious as murder. He may just have to pay a fine.:

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica](NAS, Exodus 21:22-24)

So, whenever people quote the Bible to justify abortion as wrong, I quote the bible right back at them.
[/FONT]

Show me a Bible verse that says God approves of women having abortions on demand (that is, where the life of the mother isn't at risk).

Your example does show that someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb is held accountable.

Show me a Bible verse that says God approves of women having abortions on demand (that is, where the life of the mother isn't at risk).

Your example does show that someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb is held accountable.

Not by God. By "judges."

kbygrp.png

Which one's a human?

Netrox said "fetus" and not embryo. At nine weeks the baby is called a fetus.

This is what a human 9 week old fetus looks like and sure definitely looks human. It is called a fetus for a reason because that's when the baby becomes recognizable as a human being.

9-Week Fetus, MRI Animation

Back