Have anybody reed to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee?

sunshine1986

Reaction score
I love the book and movies of the same name!

Sent from my LGMS345 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I have both read the book and seen the movie a number of times.

Yes, I read the book and saw the movie, many years ago.

I read the book and saw the movie a number of times . The movie is the only one that stuck to the book to me.

yes. read the book and saw the movie.

For anyone who liked To Kill a Mockingbird I imagine you'll be pleased to know (if you don't already) that Harper Lee has written another book, Go Set a Watchman, and it'll be available next week (July 13).

I know it's highly anticipated and the internet has been excited about it for a while.

Wow....thought he was long dead.....

She is in a nursing home, and there is big speculation that she is being taken advantage of, and that really has no idea they are going to publish what was essentially a rough draft of To Kill a Mockingbird.

And yes I read the book and saw the movie as a small child.

Kill mocking bird that one of Americas greatest novels harper lee great writer it often one of the books we have to do in English literature GCSE.get York notes gett good perspective of it.

Yes can get York notes in States..try street car called desire another great book and another one we do but at A'level hard going at that level but read as novel or watch film very good.You got some fantastic writers I had to suffer at A'level

She is in a nursing home, and there is big speculation that she is being taken advantage of, and that really has no idea they are going to publish what was essentially a rough draft of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Wow.. yep lots of speculations.. here's one article I read--

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...uspicions-behind-the-new-harper-lee-rele.html

There was also a case of possible elder abuse on Harper Lee back in 2013 I think but was recently closed.

Sad really that there are vultures like this Ms. Carter woman.

Read the book a few years ago but haven't seen the whole movie yet.

I thought that was all mostly cleared up now, and that Harper Lee has made comments (through her publisher, lawyer, and other people) that she's actually upset that people thought that she was being taken advantage of.

For anyone who liked To Kill a Mockingbird I imagine you'll be pleased to know (if you don't already) that Harper Lee has written another book, Go Set a Watchman, and it'll be available next week (July 13).

I know it's highly anticipated and the internet has been excited about it for a while.

I can't wait for the other novel to come out

Sent from my LGMS345 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I thought that was all mostly cleared up now, and that Harper Lee has made comments (through her publisher, lawyer, and other people) that she's actually upset that people thought that she was being taken advantage of.
Hmm so far I haven't found anything about her making comments about her being upset through google but indications say that Harper Lee had a stroke and may also be mentally incapacitated... nearly deaf and going blind. How true all that is I don't know. There's so much he said she said stuff out there.

I don't remember reading the book but I do remembered watching the movie. It was a very moving film about the races being difference between the Whites and the Blacks. The Father of the little girl defended the black man who was blamed for the crime on the white girl or woman. It was a very drama film. Mostly it is filmed all black and white, no colored film. I liked the movie. Good story. It did not have subtitled or close captioned back then but years later, I did watched again with close captioned.

Back