Have anybody reed to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee?

:confused:

and apartheid was acceptable kkk hero's and N word used in normal genteal conversation lynching common but ladies averted their eyes.American women could not show clevaege and daftetsest of lot tv progmmes if scene requires bedroom had be two beds and man only use one bum cheek sit on...rock on roll singers were thought to have rubber hose in trousers doing things with it.But you had macarthy who loved good book burning hapers definatly a burner...
yes jez very high morals:roll:

Did not say they practiced them... just that they demanded them... life was what was "portrayed" not what was... look at common shows, media, and books then... while in an alley they were stringing ole Toby up and Bunning crosses slinging slurs .... well out in the open it was all about manners and moral showing.... does not make sense to me... it is just the feel I have of the time period... mind you I am only in my early 30s... so do not know much besides what I have read and researched...

You won't get an argument from me on that... instead of sheltering kids from bullies, cussing, sex, drugs, and the rest is silly...and counter productive... teach them how to deal with them and let them make their mistakes and decisions on their own... maybe I am a bad parent... while strict, I do not real hide life from them...
I think that style parenting is great. My parents were really open about everything with me and I turned out pretty darn well I think. Kids are curious, giving them proper information along with all the necessary warnings and advice gives them the knowledge to make a good decision. I think the other way, people are just in denial... Kids find all this out anyway.

Harper lee wrote follow up Scout 20years on she had great problems publishing that one but they say be rush on to re-print it..google name forgot name of novel

Harper lee wrote follow up Scout 20years on she had great problems publishing that one but they say be rush on to re-print it..google name forgot name of novel

"Go Set a Watchman."

I'll be interested in reading that one.

From what I read it was the other way around- she had written Go Set a Watchman first and tried to get that published but they wouldn't and one editor suggested that she write one from the view point of a younger Scout. Go Set a Watchman was written in the 1950s while TKAM was written in 1960.

She apparently set it aside and forgot about it over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_Set_a_Watchman

Back