Have anybody reed to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee?

I have read the book and watched the movie.

Favorite book ever...... I also have the shirt and my cat is named Scout

She is in a nursing home, and there is big speculation that she is being taken advantage of, and that really has no idea they are going to publish what was essentially a rough draft of To Kill a Mockingbird.

And yes I read the book and saw the movie as a small child.

That's awful..She a jewel of America,her book has brought much revenue to your country and pleasure to the rest of world plus open the eyes to a very racist country America was at the time even though I forced to read it at school

The movie when shown on TV was closed captioned. Part of the movie was the unusual musical score by Elmer Berstein.

Aside: have the record from a long time ago.

I read the book in high school and saw the movie. I thought they were both good.

it was banned in America at one time and harper life was made hell

Yep read the book and watched the movie, both ages ago.

And I can't wait to read Go Set A Watchman. I think I'll also re-read the To Kill a Mockingbird…gotta go buy a copy first tho or borrow one from the library… mmm I don't think I even have a library card anymore! It sure gives me an incentive to renew it lol!

Removed (2009) from the St. Edmund Campion*Secondary School classrooms in Brampton Ontario, Canada because a parent objected to*language used in the novel, including the word “n*****."

http://www.ala.org/bbooks/frequentlychallengedbooks/classics/reasons

Thank you for googling for me.

According to your link, it shows that only one school and one town in all of Canada had banned this book. Thats pretty good IMO.

It's pretty interesting though reading about the banishments, burnings, removals and challenges of a variety of classics from many schools and towns.

Thank you for googling for me.

According to your link, it shows that only one school and one town in all of Canada had banned this book. Thats pretty good IMO.

It's pretty interesting though reading about the banishments, burnings, removals and challenges of a variety of classics from many schools and towns.

You're welcome :D
It is an interesting site... I was shocked at a few and knew some ... but it went into details that I found intriguing. ..

I read the book many years ago as a kid, but I've never seen the movie. I didn't even know there was a movie. How did I not know that?

YOU KIDDING...using that language was the point of the book

Yes, but sadly the US is a bit odd... back in the day more so... morals were a high value especially among women and childern... even the softest of swear words were the devils work....

Yes, but sadly the US is a bit odd... back in the day more so... morals were a high value especially among women and childern... even the softest of swear words were the devils work....
Covering up the fact that the word was used casually in the past doesn't help teach young people how to behave morally though. The more we expose them to things, the wiser they'll be. Kids make their own decisions whether we want them to or not; giving them all the facts will lead them to the best decision.

Covering up the fact that the word was used casually in the past doesn't help teach young people how to behave morally though. The more we expose them to things, the wiser they'll be. Kids make their own decisions whether we want them to or not; giving them all the facts will lead them to the best decision.

You won't get an argument from me on that... instead of sheltering kids from bullies, cussing, sex, drugs, and the rest is silly...and counter productive... teach them how to deal with them and let them make their mistakes and decisions on their own... maybe I am a bad parent... while strict, I do not real hide life from them...

:confused:

and apartheid was acceptable kkk hero's and N word used in normal genteal conversation lynching common but ladies averted their eyes.American women could not show clevaege and daftetsest of lot tv progmmes if scene requires bedroom had be two beds and man only use one bum cheek sit on...rock on roll singers were thought to have rubber hose in trousers doing things with it.But you had macarthy who loved good book burning hapers definatly a burner...
yes jez very high morals:roll:

Back