Hand

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
Sometimes when I sign, especially fingerspelling, my hand hurts usually my left hand and I want to know what to do....

is this normal???

Originally posted by Alex
Arthritis. Seek a doc. :|

I did cuz I use the comp a lot for typing and the doctor kept saying he cant see anything - they even took x ray all they said was take advil or something and relax your hand...... I was like what kind of doctor is that.......... cuz it keeps coming back.... so I just have to stop for a while then start again......

maybe u are play with ur own private area too much or take a medica numb or massage it.

Originally posted by DrStar80
maybe u are play with ur own private area too much or take a medica numb or massage it.

I dont masterbate and two I wonder why just the left hand not the right hand since I am right handed. does any deaf people have this problem???

So youre saying its because of this:

yakkity-yak.gif

but are you sure its not from this:

:sure:

Hmm you probably hold little heavy things (your purse or cellphone) with your left hand for a long time before once in a while. Which kinda creaks your hands when you let go. So it tends to hurt later on. It happens to me before.

I had the same problem, even though I signed since I was a baby. I had this condition called "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" and needed to have surgery to correct it. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs because of repetitive movements. There's a website for you to check out about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Your best bet is to see your family physician about this and do not prolong this.
Take care, BabyPhat!

http://danke.com/Orthodoc/carpaltunnel.html

Originally posted by Freaky
I had the same problem, even though I signed since I was a baby. I had this condition called "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" and needed to have surgery to correct it. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs because of repetitive movements. There's a website for you to check out about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Your best bet is to see your family physician about this and do not prolong this.
Take care, BabyPhat!

http://danke.com/Orthodoc/carpaltunnel.html
yeah family's friend got that surgery it works for her

Originally posted by DrStar80

Is that all you can think of?

scoff

Babyphat -- i strongly advise u go see doc -- it MAY be CTS if the pain shoots up into ur wrists and sometimes up into ur arms --

i have CTS and i at this point will not seek surgery right now but do use brace overnight and have a wrist brace as well for daytime use when i need it --

CTS can lead to serious injury -- do not put off seeing a doc like Freaky has said -- get the appt!

Originally posted by Fly Free
Babyphat -- i strongly advise u go see doc -- it MAY be CTS if the pain shoots up into ur wrists and sometimes up into ur arms --

i have CTS and i at this point will not seek surgery right now but do use brace overnight and have a wrist brace as well for daytime use when i need it --

CTS can lead to serious injury -- do not put off seeing a doc like Freaky has said -- get the appt!

Yes. CTS is painful. You need to take it easy. I have tendonitis in my right thumb and wear wrist brace occassionally when it becomes painful.

Back