AT&T buys T-Mobile

Yup because your BB support 850/1900 frequencies and your BB did got data from att sometime due to roaming agreement with between att and tmobile.

you was purchased your BB from SunCom Wireless right?, T-mobile already acquired SunCom last 2007 then deal closed in 2008 into T-Mobile. your BB from Suncom will operate any cellular companies including unlock. Your Suncom BB will work on AT&T's & Tmobile's GSM infrastructure.

I have a unlocked T-Mobile BB Curve 8900 with AT&T SIM card right now. but I have outdated locked Tmoble BB 8100 Pearl (black) with T-Mobile sim card will automatically convert to AT&T GSM network when Government Regulation will approve both those companies acquires, AT&T and T-Mobile acquire deal is closed. My T-Mobile contract expire will be fall in 2011. I will cancel T-mobile account after my contract expires. T-mobile BB 8900 does have GSM, GPRS, EDGE and WiFi, but My outdated BB 8100 Pearl black does not have WiFi. BB 8900 and 8100 pearl does not have 3G support.

:wave:

I'm not panicking (yet); I'm just checking things out. :)

If the takeover succeeds, it won't be complete for about one year. So, I'll wait and see what happens.

My BB was a special made for Suncom, so I'm curious what will happen to it.

Yes, that's me but it's many moons ago. :giggle:

Yup, It is pointless for tmobile to offers iPhone now.

Just switch to att or Verizon if you want iPhone.

if they has jailbroken unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 4 and they can use T-mobile's GSM infrastructure, iPhone does not support 3G AWS. but iPhone can work EDGE, GPRS and GSM.

if they purchase from Verizon for iPhone 4 it is only CDMA chipset built in only it does not support GSM

Yes, your package will remind same on price and plan. That happen to me when I had AT&T Wireless change into Cingular then change back to at&t Wireless. My plan was remind same on Nokia 8200 series.

Please see Wikipedia about Cingular was formed by 2001: Cingular Wireless - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AT&T Wireless Services formed by 1984 when the telephone companies were break up until AT&T Wireless was defuncted in 2004, Cingular was brought AT&T Wireless in 2004 "the New Cingular" ( orange turn into blue) until cause landline telephone companies SBC & BellSouth & AT&T were merged, the new AT&T. (now know as at&t, Inc.) then Cingular was no longer name in 2007 to become AT&T Mobility LLC

AT&T Wireless -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Wireless_Services
AT&T Mobility --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT&T_Mobility_LLC
AT&T Corporation know as American Telephone & Telegraph--- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Telephone_&_Telegraph
AT&T Communication -- Long Distance Provider -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT&T_Communications
AT&T Inc. --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT&T

:lol: Someone on Facebook doubts that AT&T will actually take over T-mobile.

I'm not kidding and I'm just try to explain about what article saying.
Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

att saying about 3G in tmobile phone will render as useless after they shut tmobile 3G off and replace with LTE, it will happen in around 2 years after merge completed or could take little longer than that. att hasn't set date about tmobile 3G shutoff yet. Your phone will continue to render 2G only after tmobile 3G shutoff and I think your contract may expire soon before 3G shutoff occur or you may get upgrade with big discount. I think it is possible for att to launch LTE on AWS, along with tmobile 3G for now.

Reba, you are safe and your BB will works fine under att signal due to no 3G support.
Fox, I wont forget your post. So, I look at the now in the millions of postings continuing to be posted on many boards, & bloggers for 14 days. So, I can't keep up there are THAT many!

I aint here looking for argue. I just respect yours ;) Yes I had read that link before your posted. Engaget reveled that ATT Ceo had changed his mind about all specturms he wanted to keep, Like i said in Post#30. Many people had said samething that tmobile phone will not become useless.

But Now ATT Ceo admit that FCC and DOJ might be force ATT to selling some assets and divests tmobile customes to other carriers before FCC and DOJ approve for AT&t Mobile merger. So the current T-Mobile phone might be become useless. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Well, it's not a done deal yet. We'll see. :)
yeah, thats right! we will see:

attlogo1.jpg

then thats it. ;)

Fox, I wont forget your post. So, I look at the now in the millions of postings continuing to be posted on many boards, & bloggers for 14 days. So, I can't keep up there are THAT many!

I aint here looking for argue. I just respect yours ;) Yes I had read that link before your posted. Engaget reveled that ATT Ceo had changed his mind about all specturms he wanted to keep, Like i said in Post#30. Many people had said samething that tmobile phone will not become useless.

But Now ATT Ceo admit that FCC and DOJ might be force ATT to selling some assets and divests tmobile customes to other carriers before FCC and DOJ approve for AT&t Mobile merger. So the current T-Mobile phone might be become useless. Please correct me if I am wrong?

att hasn't reach a deal or talk about 3G tmobile shutoff or discount/replacement program for now, except for CEO so I won't rule them out, anyway but just CEO talk about everything.

Just better to find out after att and tmobile merger are finalized so it will take up to 1 year.

Do you have link about CEO changed his mind about keep tmobile 3G and admit about situation with FCC/DOJ?

I think that att should keep tmobile 3G in AWS and just upgrade to faster 3G - HSPA+ and launch the LTE too, also att has no room to expand 4G in 850/1900 because they don't buy enough spectrum.

Do you have link about CEO changed his mind about keep tmobile 3G
Yes There I already posted with links @ #30, re-check it.

aand admit about situation with FCC/DOJ?
...MMMM... (laugh) SURE!, no problem, I will find a link asap.. Because I can't dare talk by myself without evidence or links, but thanks for your asking & requires.

I think that att should keep tmobile 3G in AWS and just upgrade to faster 3G - HSPA+ and launch the LTE too, also att has no room to expand 4G in 850/1900 because they don't buy enough spectrum.
Yes My thought has exactly thinking thats what I've seen AT&T will use T-Mobile spectrum for LTE and it's own for 3G, that means there will be no more fragmentation in GSM US 3G Spector. but its up to FCC and DOJ's their decision if they allow ATT take over tmobile's all assets, or not..

If approved Att and T-mobile merger, take looking @ a picture of below-

Yes There I already posted with links @ #30, re-check it.

...MMMM... (laugh) SURE!, no problem, I will find a link asap.. Because I can't dare talk by myself without evidence or links, but thanks for your asking & requires.

Yes My thought has exactly thinking thats what I've seen AT&T will use T-Mobile spectrum for LTE and it's own for 3G, that means there will be no more fragmentation in GSM US 3G Spector. but its up to FCC and DOJ's their decision if they allow ATT take over tmobile's all assets, or not..

If approved Att and T-mobile merger, take looking @ a picture of below-

I don't see much to cover with T-mobile's coverage. AT&T has far more coverage according to that map. I think they mainly wanted to acquire T-mobile due to 4G coverage, not the current edge/3G coverage with AT&T.

I don't see much to cover with T-mobile's coverage. AT&T has far more coverage according to that map. I think they mainly wanted to acquire T-mobile due to 4G coverage, not the current edge/3G coverage with AT&T.

I think they are after more subcribers more than anything else.

I wonder what my next phone will be considering this takeover. :dunno:

Yes, thats correct! thats what AT&T Ceo already mentioned on many articles, & He wanted T-mobile Spectors so badly, reduce the congest on AT&T Spectors and reduce a call drop, too..

Back