Activate

good luck Pink, hope it goes well and it is a success for you.

I think Pinky got so excited today (guessing) that she forgot to come back and post!

Could be that or she could be very tired, there is so much conceration involved also since she never heard before it's harder to work out if the sounds/levels are right for her.... I was there myself, took whole afternoon and i was really wiped out, so give her time, she hasn't done her Blog either.

I have heard from Pinky, she seemed to have a good day, I am sure she'll tell you all about it when she's ready :D

It's not brace. The correct spell is Brave! Of course, I am very brave person. :D

no no he meant exactly that, brace, it is the correct spelling!!
look up in the dictionary, it means to hold on tight, like get ready. It's just another way of saying 'be ready for the shock', be prepared, but of course you have to be brave. But this word brace is not a mistake, and correct spelling as well as correct meaning.

good luck with your activation, wow you must be experiencing a lot so indeed 6 months is a long time to get used to Loud noises such as cars and buses I have no idea, (still dont) but wow, it is fascinating (again this is a different word for 'interesting' but its not the same)

Cheers

oh forgot to say, Good luck, hope you have fun, but yes most of us understand why you'd be very tired and overwhelmed , it is a BIG experience. (I havent got CI, using HA)

I am back!!!! Finally! I was so busy last night. I didn't have time to post on my blog anyway,

I went to ENT for activate appointment. I was so excited and anxious. At first thing my audiologist put sound processor on my left ear to see if the electrodes array is working. It’s working as well. I can feel the nerves in the left side of my brain. I signaled with my hand to show what I could hear and feel. Then audiologist turned on with soft sound. My eyes and head felt dizzy. I was startle and laughing. It means the implant is working. This is my first experience with sound. I didn’t cry when it’s loud. My audiologist started with sound soft and gradually increased the sound. I heard the audiologist’s voice, then my husband’s voice, my mom’s voice and my mother in the law’s voice. They were both crying. They all were so happy. I stayed at audiologist for 2 half hours. I left ENT and go outside. I heard it was windy with animation trees and too much noise. I can hear people’s chattering. This is my first experience’s sound. My husband’s car start engine and feel like vibrate. I was able to hear.

He turned IPOD on for me to listen. My first listen the music was “Building a mystery” (Acoustic) Sean McLachlin and second is “Hey There Delilah” Plain White T’s. Third is “A 1000 Miles (Acoustic) Vanessa Carlton. And the last was “What a Wonderful World” Louis Armstrong. That was interesting!

When I got activated the speech got so much clear but for female voice I hear really high pitch squeal after every word for example "can-ee you-ee hear-ee me-ee?" haha it went away after 2 months I think.
It will sound VERY weird for you, probably will sound like beep to you for little bit because they will start you on very basic program then after some mapping appointment they will change program to more complex one so sound more clearly and normal.
Just be very patient and stay strong keep wearing it all day it will sound much better and sound will stop feeling so loud and overwhelming
Oh also I gonna warn you, when they turn it on for first time you might will hear LOUD buzz for 1 min then it become sound and it will keep buzzing for first 1 min after you turn it on in morning for about 1 month.

I felt like weird with sound. Yes, I felt like tired. I had a long day yesterday. I can hear LOUD buzz in the morning. My husband wanted to hear his Xbox 360 "Call Duty". I really hate the sound of gunshot and nuclear bomb. It made me nervous. I pulled my CI off for a few minutes. I told my husband that I hate to hear. He said, "You have to use get use to hear a sound. The real gun is the worse sound than video game". I still don't like the sound of gunshot. My dog's barking is real loud. I told her stop it. Of course, It was overwhelme at first.

A lot of sounds overstreaming into your brain.........

That's great to hear about, Pinky. It is wonderful your mother was so happy. :)

So I got a question for you Pinky!

How do you feel changing from one world to the other? Is it a crazy feeling right now? Do you want to explore more sounds or is it enough? What else do you want to write about the sounds you are able to hear? Like, how do you feel now about the TV? Or anything you want to write about.

So I got a question for you Pinky!

How do you feel changing from one world to the other? Is it a crazy feeling right now? Do you want to explore more sounds or is it enough? What else do you want to write about the sounds you are able to hear? Like, how do you feel now about the TV? Or anything you want to write about.

It's not exact sound as word yet. I can hear any noise and noise environment.

It was my first sound

strong windy with trees animation

people's chattering

Traffics on road about 20 to 30 feet away from my husband's car

listen the ipod music "It's not exact word" I can feel the rythems and singer's voice

door open and close

the locked to unlock with remote for car

public restroom's toilet with flush "too loud"

water running in sink

coffee grind "too LOUD"

frappunicco's blender "too LOUD"

the man speak on cellphone and laugh so hard in 20 feet away from my seat

stepping on stairs

dog barking

toy squeezes sound like "Squeaking"

paper rattling

my sneeze and can hear my voice

children playing

child was accident and fell down "thud" "crying"

my friend's cat "purring" It was soo cute sound!

birds "cricketing" on the trees

TV "the two men have different voice"

Too many sound and confuse at first. I felt so overwhelme. LoL

"public restroom's toilet with flush "too loud"
"

Did you cringe?

LOL @ JClarke

Congrats on a successful activation Pinky! I'm sure it will only get better!!! :)

Back