50 Years In Prison For Stealing Rack Of Ribs

Like I said in my previous post to seb, he can make an appeal if he can afford a lawyer. That's between him and the state of Texas. My taxes don't go there nor do yours.

This happens in every state...all the time....it also happens on a federal level... It is beyond rediculous.... buy hey it's only money...we can always print more right?

He deserves it. Why worry about him?

are you arguing soceity shoukdnt worey where its loot goes and why?
No wonder america has a debt problem
This is extrememly short sighted, and non sustsinible
as is evedenf..

My city prohibits it. :lol:

Anyway I know that there are overcrowded prisons all over USA. The point is that this one guy doesn't make a lot of difference. Overcrowded due to many murderers with no death penalty, dope dealers, DUIs, rapists, kidnapers, armed robbers, swindlers, arsonists and so on.

He can make an appeal if he can afford a lawyer.

Biggest reason given for exploding prison populations is the 3 strikes laws. One person doesn't make that much of a difference, but how many convicts are in prison for a third strike for something that should of been treated like a misdemeanor?

Biggest reason given for exploding prison populations is the 3 strikes laws. One person doesn't make that much of a difference, but how many convicts are in prison for a third strike for something that should of been treated like a misdemeanor?
Simply, if I have two strikes, be a law-abiding citizen, otherwise I ask for trouble no matter what crime I commit. In and out of jail for years and years? Seriously?

Simply, if I have two strikes, be a law-abiding citizen, otherwise I ask for trouble no matter what crime I commit. In and out of jail for years and years? Seriously?

What you fail to grasp, is it also breads more violent criminality
If your going to get life for stealing a snikers bar,and going to get the same for rape and murder, the same sentence for these crimes, stealing a chocalate bar, rape or murder on a thrid strikE essentially states the above crimes affect society the same way.thus deserving of thesame sentence. do they?
mine as well murder to get get rid of witnesses, and have a better chance then leave them alive to tell you stole a 2 buck mars bar.....its not like youll get more time...right?
So on....
You need to think things through

Other question you need to ask or answer is: how much more of your taxes do you want to divert from other things to pay to house the ever increasing prison population and get nothing in return for jailing people for life for minor offenses?

50 years sentence over that steal pork's meat?

If he shows the knife or threating with knife without hurt the people then the sentence is ridiculous.

What you fail to grasp, is it also breads more violent criminality
If your going to get life for stealing a snikers bar,and going to get the same for rape and murder, the same sentence for these crimes, stealing a chocalate bar, rape or murder on a thrid strikE essentially states the above crimes affect society the same way.thus deserving of thesame sentence. do they?
mine as well murder to get get rid of witnesses, and have a better chance then leave them alive to tell you stole a 2 buck mars bar.....its not like youll get more time...right?
So on....
You need to think things through
Are you aware that habitual criminals can get more dangerous? For example, I go to jail many times, how do I avoid to go to jail again if I commit another crime? Think about it.

Other question you need to ask or answer is: how much more of your taxes do you want to divert from other things to pay to house the ever increasing prison population and get nothing in return for jailing people for life for minor offenses?
What? We get something called "Good Riddance".

What? We get something called "Good Riddance".

Obviously you are in favor of building more and more prisons and paying more and more to house these people for the rest of their lives. Yes, you get the "Good Riddance" factor, but three strikes laws have been shown to do nothing to reduce the crime rate in the US and today we have the largest prison populations in the world and it is steadily getting bigger.

Are you aware that habitual criminals can get more dangerous? For example, I go to jail many times, how do I avoid to go to jail again if I commit another crime? Think about it.

"Can get" ....thats an emoty statement...but here is a fact for you.
The majority of Of those incsrcerated are non violent offenders.

Obviously you are in favor of building more and more prisons and paying more and more to house these people for the rest of their lives. Yes, you get the "Good Riddance" factor, but three strikes laws have been shown to do nothing to reduce the crime rate in the US and today we have the largest prison populations in the world and it is steadily getting bigger.
Yeah, I notice that more lazy guys commit crimes. Do they deserve the jailtime? Yes, we work hard and pay taxes so that's why we don't go to jail. Don't be a freaking soft-hearted for those lazy bums who don't give a sh*t. Just ignore them.

"Can get" ....thats an emoty statement...but here is a fact for you.
The majority of Of those incsrcerated are non violent offenders.
So what? Thou shall not steal.

As a matter of fact, they should thank God for that they are not in Middle East.

It bothered me a lot so I want to say, people, get a job. If you are disabled, apply for a financial support from a government. If you are not disabled and don't want to look for a job so instead, you steal, WTF do you expect after that happens?

Back to this topic, 50 years for just stealing pork ribs, I have a suggestion for you, Hoichi to help him paying for a lawyer to appeal it. I am sure he will win it.

So what? Thou shall not steal.

As a matter of fact, they should thank God for that they are not in Middle East.

It bothered me a lot so I want to say, people, get a job. If you are disabled, apply for a financial support from a government. If you are not disabled and don't want to look for a job so instead, you steal, WTF do you expect after that happens?

Back to this topic, 50 years for just stealing pork ribs, I have a suggestion for you, Hoichi to help him paying for a lawyer to appeal it. I am sure he will win it.

"You shall not steal"
Really...
Your nation is founded on the very fact of conquering and stealing land from others....
But yeah...
Its a cool line isnt it....oh....i know its ok if your nation does it, just as lomg as the people dont...
Cool.
And yes you crazypaul are very lucky you dont luve in the middle.east..
Indeed

Yeah, I notice that more lazy guys commit crimes. Do they deserve the jailtime? Yes, we work hard and pay taxes so that's why we don't go to jail. Don't be a freaking soft-hearted for those lazy bums who don't give a sh*t. Just ignore them.

So your okay with jailing over 2 million Americans and many for minor offenses that would only be a misdemeanor if not for the third strike. The cost factor will only get worse over time and the need for more and more prisons will only continue as long as we jail these people. You talk about lazy guys who commit crimes; yes some do it just to go back to prison so they get free room and board and great health and dental care coverage at your expense. It would make more sense to actually punish these people with hard manual work and maybe make it where they don't want to return.

Back