Your dream house?

Neat photos, SCUBA. I can see why you're so excited.

I saw my next (and if so, probably last house) yesterday in Tangent, Oregon. One level, nice master bedroom, plus two spare rooms for guests and study. Spacious kitchen with cooking island. Two-car garage plus work area. Covered patio with brick grill. Only $355,000.

In Montana, that would buy you a 64 acre ranch with a two-horse barn and a red-headed cowgirl to help run the place.

What's your choice, Mr Moderator?

What's your choice, Mr Moderator?

Good question, Jake. Since I'm planning to stay in Oregon I'd better get used to high prices for small houses on postage stamp lots . . . and better buy soon, as the prices go up every few months.

Thanks guys ! ! ! !

Here update pictures ~

:afro:

M-

Attachments

• IMG_2166.JPG
    IMG_2166.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2167.JPG
    IMG_2167.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 15
:thumb: When you think its will be finish building?

My new home that I am waited for 7 months to move in~!

:giggle:

Actually its a house with cedar shingles, very Northwest style.

To get to my house one crosses the little bridge as the creek is a run-off from Loomis Lake and is filled with river otters, blue herons, variety of ducks. Salmon also swims in the creek. The creek is mixed with salt water and fresh water.

The forest surronds my 3 acre of land with douglas firs, western pine, oak with coastal moss attached to it. There is an opening that reveals the Cove. With the 'big'house'- a duplex with the office, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, living room with 2 fireplaces is the one I live in. I have 2 big picture windows that look into the Cove. In the middle of the Cove are wild azaleas, coastal rhodendrons, lavendar and bamboo.

In the Cove there are 11 beach cottages that we rent out to people that want to vacation at the beach. The 11 beach cottages sit in a semi-circle and each one has a different theme. Cottage #1 is a two bed that is dedicated to Flowers-- hence, "Flower Power." Cottage #2 is a one bedroom with a nice size kitchen and can be rented out as a two bed cottage as it has a hide-a-bed and is affectionately called, "Ruby Montana- Western". Cottage # 3 is a two bed cottage and is dedicated to the Native Americans that lived in this area-- the Chinook Indians--"Native American Cottage". Cottage #4 is also a two bed cottage and has the same lay out as numbers #2, #3, and is deidcated to our furry friends-Cats- hence "the Kitty Cottage."

Then there is an opening and then three cottages #5, #6, #7 , all side by side with a carport in between then except for #6, #7 as it is a shared carport.

#5-- is dedicated to women that first saved this place-- hence the name "The Goddess". Cottage #6 is dedicated to man's best friend--dogs --hence the name, "The Dog House". Cottage #7 is dedicated to the American bald eagles that we see on a daily basis here in the Cove, flying above us--"The Eagles Nest".

Then there is another opening revealing a memorial tree for those that have come here and passed away and people want them to be remembered. It borders the creek with a little trail to a grassy patch area where one can sit and reflect.

Cottage #8 and #9 are one bed cottages with #8 dedicated to birds--hence-"The Birdhouse". #9 is "Angels Among us" as we believe that there are angels among us. Cottage #10 is the only two-bedroom and is "Retro-Hollywood".

Then after one settles in and walks towards the path that is along Cottage #1--they will see another modern cottage--the Annex--"Honeymoon Suite"--off to the side as well as 3 garages for all of our toys, mostly yard tools, and along the path, they will see the flower meadow with an arbor. Also a big green garbage can in a cage as the cage is to prevent the wildlife from entering the garbage can.

The path is protected by heavy forest canopy

After walking 600 footsteps- through the forest and across the sand dunes--one will be kissed by the mist of the Ocean.

Oh yes.....you can bring your dogs here for a visit. :)

Oh, you are a rental business owner on your property for the summer. That's nice. I believe that you live in State of Washington. Gee, you have 11 cottages. It is a lot of work for you to clean them up, and dealing with someone doesn't pay the dues. My sister has similar for the business. Hey, do you ever seen a bigfoot in your area?Q

Ohh A dream house ? Our dream house came true!! yay! We have been looking for almost in 3 yrs! Ya imagine! Because we are VERY picky! lol... We found it.. It will build-up in few weeks ! We will moving in this summer! Cant wait!!

Right now, We have own a house. It's small plus my kids are getting big. They need a space! lol

" I'd love to have one room, that is for Cinema's - like a movie room"
It is called "Media room" VERY NEAT ! ! but cost about $28,000 to up.That is very silly price... Here Texas is very popular have a media room!

We are very lucky because that Wall Homes Co gave us a great deal like free for window blinds, granite!! ya imagine ! plus study room! That is great deal with 50% off! I love that Company called "Wall homes Co."

We are not brag! We are very proud that we have been work really hard that house for our dream! ! ! ! That is our land!

:afro:

M-

Do you use any of green energy for your house?

Would like a small house...a natural house. Low maintenence for me. Fixed a home up and fix homes for work. Nuff of that. Simple.....quaint...cozy...I like bold colors with natural earth tones. stone floors...... natural yard.......swimming pool yup...suana....maybe a music studio downstairs.....out of town space with some mountain view.

Excite!! You can put scrapbook start it... I have a scrapbook new building a house till done. It very important good memory! Why not? you love scrapbook!!

I have heard about the torandoes in your area, ScubaladyTx, I hope it is not affecting your new house?? :eek3:

I'm into adaptive reuse.

I would like a huge loft space for my residence and studio (not so much a "traditional house").

Manhattan style - aka industrial chic. Lots of original stainless steel fixtures/cabinets, original hardwood floors (wood planks), original exposed brick, white minimalist walls (for my art collection).

Maybe convert an old style warehouse (or maybe a church) into one loft space? Something like 35,000 sq ft of pure nothing but gleaming hardwood floors, sunlight, and columns. Something with lots of character and charm. Very elegant.

Should also have nice sweeping city views too.

Unfortunately for me, such a thing is around $9 MIL. :(

But nonetheless, it was a nice dream.

JMHO

Would like a small house...a natural house. Low maintenence for me. Fixed a home up and fix homes for work. Nuff of that. Simple.....quaint...cozy...I like bold colors with natural earth tones. stone floors...... natural yard.......swimming pool yup...suana....maybe a music studio downstairs.....out of town space with some mountain view.

Sounds very peaceful and calming.

That is pretty creative to have a container homes and offices. Something different. :)
That's what I like.

It would be interesting having a house where every room is perfectly proportioned. :)

A standard cargo container is 20' x 8' x 8' (LxWxH).

My current bedroom is approximately 20' x 15' x 8'. I could take 2 cargo containers and make one room. For a nice big living room, I could use 3 cargo containers. If I put a 3rd cargo container next to my bedroom, I could use half as the bathroom and half as my closet. :)

my dream house
2 story house with basement 3-4 bedroom 31/2 baths 2nd floor would be 3 bedrooms and 2 baths *with showers which full bath with sink and toliet* one full bath in master *big* bedroom with walk in closet. 2nd full bath in the hall with 2 other bedrooms. 1st floor 1/2 bath *no shower* 4th bedroom can be office/guest room big nice sized kitchen with a small counter in the middle of the kitchen *that is called an island* nice big family room, dining room and living room. a basement for my hobby room and extra rooms for storage stuff but not for guests too cold for them.
a fenced backyard for my dog to play and kids too and BBQ parties in the summer heh
that is what my dream house is

That's what I like.

It would be interesting having a house where every room is perfectly proportioned. :)

A standard cargo container is 20' x 8' x 8' (LxWxH).

My current bedroom is approximately 20' x 15' x 8'. I could take 2 cargo containers and make one room. For a nice big living room, I could use 3 cargo containers. If I put a 3rd cargo container next to my bedroom, I could use half as the bathroom and half as my closet. :)

Reading this math stuff just made my head hurt. ( ;) )

Back