Would you rather date...

No, I understand your feelings, and I'm not trying to negate that, but my thing was you said your dream girl would be deaf... So in my mind I wonder would you have kids with her? It's totally your right to not want children or not I was just curious. So, to clear it up, you'd seek a hearing or deaf woman to have children with (if you wanted to?)

You know what? Im done. :lol:

Me too. My father wished he actually had any control over who I dated. Maybe I should have listened to him though... :)

HAHA same with my dad :)

I realized most of my exes were the "weaker link", so for someone to say all deaf girls are as Tim suggested is a load of :bsflag:

Hi there.

Not my fault people do not read my post correct the first time. All Im trying to say is, I wouldnt want my kids to inherit deafness. A lot of deaf people werent born deaf. I wasnt. I had a fever as small child. So lets say, I have a kid with a hearing woman, the child will not inherit deafness. It happened to my best friend and his 2 sisters b.c they inherited deafness. They all hated it b/c it was difficult for them to adapt from hearing to deaf. See what me is a sayin'? :) Their daddy's deaf not their mother.

Sigh. 90% of deaf children are being born to BOTH of hearing parents.

Oh,ok,I didnt know. Thanks. I know few deafies became deaf later in life and born deaf because of inheritance.

One can even inherit it but be born hearing and lost it later over time, never know.

Hmmm, should I ever date again - I hope I would date solely because I had interest in the guy as a person - and not whether he was deaf or hearing.

Okay, so it's impossible not to notice...but what I am saying is that I would hope my decision to date or not date someone didn't rest on: hearing? Deaf?

i would love to meet a lovey black deaf women we would have great relanship togather

For me, It's all about communication so I guess I would prefer to date someone who's fluent in ASL. I love talking and discussing stuff, and if I cannot do that, it would be nearly impossible for me to hold any interest in the girl.

So it doesn't matter deaf or hearie, as long as she can sign well.

Sir you are an ASSHOLE. Get the fuck off.

Waa-cry-baby2.jpg

I'm looking for love period. I belong to multiple dating sites, b/c I don't have opportunities to get out much b/c I'm a single mom and caring for my Grandmother. I joined AllDeaf.com b/c I haven't had much luck on other sites and thought that since I know some ASL and have been around people in the deaf community when I was younger that it would be nice to connect with some now. I'm also considering going back to college to become an ASL Interpreter. Sooo... I'm not specifically looking for a "deaf guy" but if I find one on here or anywhere else then I do. If anyone is in the Eastern North Carolina area reply to me, b/c I live in Greenville, NC. TTYL :) <3 @-}--}---

doesnt matter weather theyre hearing or deaf for me.

I got a hearing gf and she completely understands it, and sometimes even forget im deaf lol.

She stays on my right (right implant is very easy to hear with) and doesnt mind caption/subtitles.

I'd like to date a deaf guy because I don't like things that are loud. I like quiet...wait, scratch that...I LOVE the quiet. Plus, I think deaf men are very in-tune to the people around them. Their other senses are more acute and that is very attractive! :) Personally, I'd find a relationship with a deaf man an honor! :)

For the other Deafies: Would you rather date another Deaf person or a hearing person?

For the Hearing people: Why do you choose to date a Deaf Person?

I am Deaf, Ive dated two Deaf guys but all others were hearing. I see many advantage to dating a Deaf guy but also many to date a Hearing :lol:

I have realized many hearing people here are dating a Deaf person or are specifically seeking out a Deafie to date.

Pros and Cons of both :)

Last edited:
LOL I think thats a man thing in general :giggle: :laugh2:

When I was dating Deaf guys I loved that they "understood" culture and what it is like to be Deaf, and easier to communicate.

With Hearing guys communication can be difficult sometimes on my part (but my boyfriend now is learning sign!), another positive thing is having a set of ears around :) My boyfriend is wonderful in repeating what other people say to me if I cant read their lips or whatever :lol:

Do it not bother you to rely on *him* to hear for you?

I'd like to date a deaf guy because I don't like things that are loud. I like quiet...wait, scratch that...I LOVE the quiet. Plus, I think deaf men are very in-tune to the people around them. Their other senses are more acute and that is very attractive! :) Personally, I'd find a relationship with a deaf man an honor! :)

Who told you deaf people are quiet?? :lol:

Back