Would you like to order food in ASL?

Would you prefer to order food at restaurants in ASL?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Doesn't Matter.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

like mcdonald's... for good example.. lol I asked for iced mocha cafe the bitch got me wrong coffee so I got right kind of coffee I wanted.. so I ddn't have to pay more.. but most of the time other fast food want me to pay more $$.. blah now I hope I do clear the confusion for u :P

like mcdonald's... for good example.. lol I asked for iced mocha cafe the bitch got me wrong coffee so I got right kind of coffee I wanted.. so I ddn't have to pay more.. but most of the time other fast food want me to pay more $$.. blah now I hope I do clear the confusion for u :P

Not really; all I see is you saying a bitch got you wrong coffee.....:D

Not really; all I see is you saying a bitch got you wrong coffee.....:D

I got a donair.. pointed on the menu. Even circled it with a pen earlier at 10:30PM. I think you guys call "donair," "gyros."

Instead... I got a pita stuffed with tzatziki.

Found out now via e-mail there's actually a different, much cheaper, item on the menu called tzatziki... which IS pita-wrapped tzatziki.

So... my two $12 donair... which I paid for, which were suppose to have beef and molten cheese, were actually $5 tzatziki.

And I didn't realize this until I got home... and I didn't want to walk 10 blocks for a replacement. :| Especially since I didn't have the receipt.

So I can see where she's coming from.

I got a donair.. pointed on the menu. Even circled it with a pen earlier at 10:30PM. I think you guys call "donair," "gyros."

Instead... I got a pita stuffed with tzatziki.

Found out now via e-mail there's actually a different, much cheaper, item on the menu called tzatziki... which IS pita-wrapped tzatziki.

So... my two $12 donair... which I paid for, which were suppose to have beef and molten cheese, were actually $5 tzatziki.

And I didn't realize this until I got home... and I didn't want to walk 10 blocks for a replacement. :| Especially since I didn't have the receipt.

So I can see where she's coming from.

I would saave the receipt and tell them the next time in. Most places will at least give you a big discount. I get free stuff all the time. In fact I got a free drink at Panera Bread today.....

I'm sorry; I shall come clean. I am just trying to give people pause regarding intentionally (which I have seen/heard all together too much) using their deafness to get free stuff. Not saying anyone here is......:D

Okay...does that mean we have to put that in all fast food restaurants and we will use that often? We can't just eat at a fast food restaurant on a daily basis, so I find that idea useless. Just simply bring a paper and pen and order what we want or bump into someone who works there knows sign language, either way works. I don't have an issue with that.

ASL if the service is available.

I don't even do the menu thing anymore... I just text on my BB and shove it in their face; for some reason I get better services and more respect than just circling things or writing.
I'm with Souggy on this one, but on my iphone.

but for coffee, at my work, I don't need to do anything only to pay the amount cause they know what I want, and I don't need to say anything, even they know my name. :eek:

I said "no" only because my ASL is not real good and I want to make sure the order is right. I don't use drive thru's for obvious reasons, but when I go to counter, I have what I want already written out and I am the one who orders for the family. I have 2 picky eaters so I have to make sure it's totally correct.

I'm sorry; I shall come clean. I am just trying to give people pause regarding intentionally (which I have seen/heard all together too much) using their deafness to get free stuff. Not saying anyone here is......:D

Not deafness in my case. People just tend to mess up orders alot here. lol

If I write, I prefer the person working to be able to understand English.

I ordered two double cheeseburgers one time.

Got two 4 stacked cheeseburgers. :shock:

I ate it.

Back in college there was this deaf guy who would rattle on and on about every free food, soda, or item he gets every single day in his life. He manages to get EVERY DAMN THING for FREE, literally. It was so annoying to listen to him brag about it day after day after day. :roll:

Wirelessly posted

Most do not know ASL, but a few know fingerspelling which works on rare occasions, otherwise I use my voice. Yeah, I don't mind saying "quadruple decker" out loud. BTW, Wendy's has "The Cube" if you ask for it, though not on the menu! :P

Wirelessly posted

Most do not know ASL, but a few know fingerspelling which works on rare occasions, otherwise I use my voice. Yeah, I don't mind saying "quadruple decker" out loud. BTW, Wendy's has "The Cube" if you ask for it, though not on the menu! :P

I too have used fingerspelling, unless they know ASL, I don't see the point. :roll:

Hey SCBassist, you going to share that "cube" or will I have to :nutkick: you to get my way?!

j/k! :ily:

it doesn't matter on what I want from Fast Food services but try to impress me or anybody else with a better effort by teaching EACH of staffs on your team to learn a sign languages through little simple stuff: "Chicken, French Fries, Drink, Cheese, Letteuces, Tomatoes." and vice versa. what harm would it do to their learning ability?

OK, I have worked for both McDonald's & Burger King. I have had situations where I have seen Deaf customers come in and the workers scatter like cockroaches when the light is turned on.
At the time I didn't have as much ASL as I do now. Even so they were very happy that I was there, and would tell their friends to go to my store.
Hells during the AD dinner in January, we had some problems ordering. I realized very quickly that even though I was translating from ASL to English, some of the waiters didn't have a good grasp of English. so we were back to pointing at the menu and repeating ourselves.

it doesn't matter on what I want from Fast Food services but try to impress me or anybody else with a better effort by teaching EACH of staffs on your team to learn a sign languages through little simple stuff: "Chicken, French Fries, Drink, Cheese, Letteuces, Tomatoes." and vice versa. what harm would it do to their learning ability?

I am sorry to say this but I suggested it, and was willing to teach the other cashiers simple ASL signs. BUT the management told me flat out that "Deaf customers don't come in that often to have the workers learn ASL." And wanted me to stop immediately, cause I was taking people away from doing their jobs.
I was totally floored. I had about 30+ regular customers asking for me cause I knew some ASL at the time. SMH

Back