Would you like to order food in ASL?

Would you prefer to order food at restaurants in ASL?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Doesn't Matter.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it doesn't matter on what I want from Fast Food services but try to impress me or anybody else with a better effort by teaching EACH of staffs on your team to learn a sign languages through little simple stuff: "Chicken, French Fries, Drink, Cheese, Letteuces, Tomatoes." and vice versa. what harm would it do to their learning ability?

That is what I plan to do. My boss is hosting a deaf event for my sake. If I can bring the deaf community down the street (of whom we used to have about 3 a day come in but getting tired of everyone except me running to do something else, they've slowed down)

Anyways he states that if it does well on the first month (about 25-50 people) then he'll do it for another month, after six months he is going to commission me to teach ALL of my coworkers AT LEAST the basic signs for ordering, and after that if that continues well how to carry a very basic conversation (how are you? are you enjoying your food? so on and so forth)

I hope to set the standard. I live in southern California and it is extremely common to have people who can generally speak Spanish just to understand someone's order, let alone someone fluent in the language. We should cater to the Deaf Community as well not just the ones who can hear. I really believe a lot of hearing people are either ignorant and enjoy it or just plain stupid... I apologize on their behalf.

I want to make a difference, I want to change how the world, my world, views the deaf.

Hells during the AD dinner in January, we had some problems ordering. I realized very quickly that even though I was translating from ASL to English, some of the waiters didn't have a good grasp of English. so we were back to pointing at the menu and repeating ourselves.

:laugh2: I remember that one very well. One waiter is cute. The waiter kept his eyes on me the whole night to see if i wanted to order or ask for water or anything. Back to that subject, I realize that he couldn't read some english when I wrote on the paper, then I decided to go back to the menu book. I pointed at the list on the menu. so i had shel's hubby to check what waiter was talking about and make sure waiter got my order right. Because the menu only offered something else that I didn't want. The waiter suggested, "cream sauce and veggies" as to what I agreed. After that the waiter asked me if I wanted a dessert. I said, "yes, point at tiramisua on the menu". The waiter was making sure to make me happy. yes the waiter sure did!. :lol:

Back