Would you get implanted today if....

Audiofuzzy

Reaction score
... the only risk associated with CI was the surgery. You would hear great, communicate orally easily, talk on the phone without needing TTY relay, enjoy music and so on.
well?

Fuzzy

I can communicate orally very easy with no problem therefore CI has nothing to do with improving orally! :dunno2:

... the only risk associated with CI was the surgery. You would hear great, communicate orally easily, talk on the phone without needing TTY relay, enjoy music and so on.
well?

Fuzzy

Thank you. I can hear low sounds very well and ofc enjoy music. I've been to dancing school and did alot of performance shows for years in the past.

That's nice for you. Can you hear well, too, enjoy music etc?

Fuzzy

well?

Fuzzy

I did!! I also did both ears at once. I only wish I would have done it 5 years ago.

Nope, I would not get implanted today.

Well .... how's about yourself???

well?

Fuzzy

Why should I need for when I am happy what I have everything what I really want... I do not need CI or HA to hear anything but my eyes... :)

well?

Fuzzy

my answer in brief is yes .( This hasn't been an easy decision,though )

That's a big IF it'll work, I'm not gonna waste my time in finding out, this is what I am and I'll settle for who I am than to find out what cochlear implant can and can't do for me.

If one wants to have one, then go for one, but that doesn't mean we all should get one.

only if I came to that point where i can no longer hear anymore and my loss is over 90dB..for now im great with only my ha's

Hmmm.... Some CIers still relay on tty and interpreters.. Please check your facts first before thinking CI solves all your problems... Smh

I don't understand the phrase, "only risk is surgery". With surgery, you have additional risk, with anesthesia used to perform the surgery, you have additional risk, etc. Surgery is exactly what makes it more risky. Nor do I understand the need to keep asking the same question over and over and over in different ways.

I don't understand the phrase, "only risk is surgery". With surgery, you have additional risk, with anesthesia used to perform the surgery, you have additional risk, etc. Surgery is exactly what makes it more risky. Nor do I understand the need to keep asking the same question over and over and over in different ways.

I agree.. surgery is a pretty big risk. Maybe the thread should explore people's personal resons for NOT choosing to take advantage of the technology. This could be helpful to people on the fence (like myself) who really need to see both sides of the coin.

I have started the evaluation process and even went as far as to meet up with some CI users to get their opinions and discuss thier challenges/successes. So far, everyone I have talked to have only good things to say about their CI (s). I have not met anyone who has been unhappy but I am sure they are out there.

I really do not understand the anger and debate this technology has produced.

dogirl

There been so many post on CI all over the board,, wow more discussion on CI and HA is enough or me to read, But I have been implanted with Mel-el C.I. and I have no problem with mine. Everybody is different. Everybody feelings are different on C.I. issues. I can hear pretty well with C.I. such as speech, words, musics, hearing the phone ringing, hearing my child cries, dog barking, all above. But speaking of phone C.I. required to have a speical phone that accpet C.I. to have C.I. phone that allow to talk on a phone. Everybody react differently when it come to C.I., HA, and hearing aid. The important thing is if you are happy what you want then don't let anyone push for something you don't want and try to play mind games. It up to you to have C.I. or not. I respect anybody choices what they choose. Some can be against C.I. or HA or heading aid that okay. Just don't change your friendship over C.I. issues.

well?

Fuzzy
Why pose a question that is not nor ever will be realistic?

Back