Would you get implanted today if....

A CI will work for you 100%. It's just a "what if" game.

Fuzzy

What if frogs had wings? They wouldn't bump their ass every time they try to fly.

My other thread was more of that nature. ("Aren't we wasting time...")

I really do not understand the anger and debate this technology has produced.

It's a fear of unknown combined with ignorance.

Fuzzy

Boy, have you misinterpreted the basis.

I'm sorry, Shel if you felt compelled to answer.

I think "what "if" questions must be grounded in WHAT IS and must have the judgement and expertise of experts and the poser of this question is far from an expert, trying to make us make seat-of-the-pants predictions/answers For the current "what if" question. I would not have suggested that the surgery was the riskiest component of the whole CI thing because it is not. The surgery is NOTHING compared to what lies ahead for the newly implanted person. The real "what if" is in the last part of the question asked because it is the most difficult part of the journey. I have suggested before that the implantee is 90% responsible for the success/failure. Just my two coppers worth.

I agree...

For me the surgery is the riskiest component but in general, it is probably not.

I think "what "if" questions must be grounded in WHAT IS and must have the judgement and expertise of experts and the poser of this question is far from an expert, trying to make us make seat-of-the-pants predictions/answers For the current "what if" question. I would not have suggested that the surgery was the riskiest component of the whole CI thing because it is not. The surgery is NOTHING compared to what lies ahead for the newly implanted person. The real "what if" is in the last part of the question asked because it is the most difficult part of the journey. I have suggested before that the implantee is 90% responsible for the success/failure. Just my two coppers worth.

I have to agree with Tousi, But also everybody here have to remember that "everything is life is always going to be a risk ". What if ? or Maybe if" the "if" part will not help to get an answer. You have to search and test the water. I took a risk with med-el C.I. that go with the sugery. Anything in life is a risk. What if you get by a car? what if I picked the wrong medicate? What if I die tomorrow? You can't always second guessing will not help you. You just have to go with the risks in life we choose. :)

haha .. that's a good one. I remember my ex husband (hearing) used to say to some people who said "what if" all the times, he would say "If the Queen has balls, she would be King"! I like your line better!!!

What if frogs had wings? They wouldn't bump their ass every time they try to fly.

That's right! Motivation is the key word! Being deaf has nothing to do with orally problem because there is NOTHING wrong with voice box so therefore it's up to anyone's motivation to speak orally and improving speech. Same thing with any languages.

Yes, that´s right. CI itself can´t improve your speech but your own moviation.

But I simply asked- if the only risk involved with implanting was surgery, woould you do it? is that so hard to answer?

Fuzzy

You are either interested int his thread or not- if you are not, just don't partcipate, and spare us needless, unproductive comments.

Fuzzy

But I simply asked- if the only risk involved with implanting was surgery, woould you do it? is that so hard to answer?

Fuzzy

Yes, this is very easy to answer; there's less risk with the surgery itself than there is with the long road ahead for the implantee. It is unrealistic for you to present the surgery as a risk in this situation. You must have ulterior motives to ask this question. I am not going to address this with you again.

Yes, this is very easy to answer; there's less risk with the surgery itself than there is with the long road ahead for the implantee. It is unrealistic for you to present the surgery as a risk in this situation. You must have ulterior motives to ask this question. I am not going to address this with you again.

:crazy:

Fuzzy

haha .. that's a good one. I remember my ex husband (hearing) used to say to some people who said "what if" all the times, he would say "If the Queen has balls, she would be King"! I like your line better!!!

:ty: It makes as much sense as any other "what if"!

The whole topic is unproductive.

With such attitude from posters like you, Tousi, Rockdrummer, Shel, Cheri, Angel, Sunshine, and their nasty speculations instead of simply honestly replying - of course it is unproductive.
It could have been interesting and productive but obviously not with this bunch.

Fuzzy

...The surgery is NOTHING compared to what lies ahead for the newly implanted person. The real "what if" is in the last part of the question asked because it is the most difficult part of the journey. I have suggested before that the implantee is 90% responsible for the success/failure. Just my two coppers worth.

I don't know about surgery being "nothing" compared to the hookup and beyond. It depends on the person. I viewed surgery with more trepidation than I did the journey afterwards. My concern was the rare facial paralysis and the CI not working well or worst.

I do agree with you that the ball is the court of the implantee. I had supreme confidence that I would be off and running on hookup day adapting like a dolphin in the water (which prove to be the case). Geez, I had a history is doing great things with a HA and when that wasn't working anymore...I figured I could still do it with a CI. That was never a concern for me as I'm motivated as they come.

With such attitude from posters like you, Tousi, Rockdrummer, Shel, Cheri, Angel, Sunshine, and their nasty speculations instead of simply honestly replying - of course it is unproductive.
It could have been interesting and productive but obviously not with this bunch.

Fuzzy

What attitude? Which do u want? Us being two-faced and lie or state our true feelings about this topic? I guess I can bullshit here but it would be wasting your and everyone else's time.

AudioFuzzy,

Don't need you push their full of mouths!

You have to understand how they feel being about it..

If suppose the person want ci.. after sugery doesn't working out their ci.. How this person feel......? Wasting their time for nothing hear at all.. or mapping not successful.. Are you still pushy the person continue.. and don't give up.. Sound like you're quite harsh?

I think isn't reasonable for being as well.
Stay firm you have to respect others who doesn't want ci.. Not necessary force them and enjoy your journey can hear everything blah blah blah..... throw tty, throw everything you will not relay it anymore.. Don't forget that.. I've seen some of ci ppl who still relay an interpreter needed reason avoid misunderstand communication!

Ci isn't magic one day , you can HEAR IT ALL PERFECT SOUND! Don't forget Vary ppl who have their ci isn't same like yours or others.. Long way haul their brain picked up or not work.. That is it.. No need tell story BS.. ok

Fuzzy
Nasty speculations?? HUH?? I replied with honesty and was never nasty. Where was I nasty? And talk about speculation. The question of the thread is nothing but speculation. I guess you don't want honest opinions... I'm out of your thread...

With such attitude from posters like you, Tousi, Rockdrummer, Shel, Cheri, Angel, Sunshine, and their nasty speculations instead of simply honestly replying

:confused: I stated my honestly as the best I could, if that isn't enough for you then I don't know what to tell you. You knew from day one where I stand with cochlear implants, so what is the problem? You expect me to say something you will approved? Sorry I can't and won't do that.

I'm not going to lie base on some answers you're hoping for, that's not me and it'll never be me.

For now on, I'm not gonna bothered with anymore of ur threads because no matter what I say or said, you turned around and say we give you nasty inputs. Fine be it, I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you.

Back