Work Vs. SSI/SSDI

That is correct
You got my drift.

...so 30% is .3 on the calculator? like 50% is .5 on the calucator? Thanks! I only know basic math lol...sad huh?[/QUOTE]

I get more than $1,500 a month! I pay less than 30% of my income toward to my housing expenses. In long term probably alot less because I owns the house.

Cassbugs said:
lol how do I get $1500 a month!!!!! hehe

diehardbiker65 said:
I get more than $1,500 a month! I pay less than 30% of my income toward to my housing expenses. In long term probably alot less because I owns the house.
are you on ssi? How come I don't get that much? Cerious?? :dunno:

diehardbiker65 said:
lucky you!!!! :)

Cassbugs said:
are you on ssi? How come I don't get that much? Cerious?? :dunno:

There is no way in hell you can get $1,500 a month in SSI or SSDI. I don't think diehardbiker is on SSI/SSDI, but not sure...

LuciaDisturbed said:
There is no way in hell you can get $1,500 a month in SSI or SSDI. I don't think diehardbiker is on SSI/SSDI, but not sure...
haha it went over my head... Im dreaming!!!! :whistle:

Your thinking is indeedly correct.

LuciaDisturbed said:

diehardbiker65 said:
Lucky me? It is STILL not enough! I still do struggle everyday. I can't image how I'd manage if I fall back to SSDI/SSI.
Im sorry I thought it was about ssi... My bad!!

Yup, there is no such thing as SSI check greater than $630 a month. Mostly about $580 a month I think and that is way way way too low for cost of living. I think their calculation of COLA is way off the line.

Cassbugs said:
Im sorry I thought it was about ssi... My bad!!

In california, the max for ssi is $730 monthly. But that is still not enuff for here cuz of high cost of living. The apt rents were going up fast the last few years due to house prices going up. The average cost in San Diego for houses is $400k to $500k. Its about the same in Los Angeles but in S.F., the average for houses is $700k :shock:

sillycat said:
In california, the max for ssi is $730 monthly. But that is still not enuff for here cuz of high cost of living. The apt rents were going up fast the last few years due to house prices going up. The average cost in San Diego for houses is $400k to $500k. Its about the same in Los Angeles but in S.F., the average for houses is $700k :shock:

Do the state of California issue state SSI checks? Or is $730 the total of the Federal government SSI check? I ask because some states issue state SSI checks, which would explain the higher amount. The state check amounts to about $81 in addition to the Federal check. Some states do not issue state checks and as a result the amount is usually around $630 or less.

sillycat said:

I thought the California SSI is $804 a month. $603 a month SSI in Washington state isn't even enough for people who have health problems or have good reasons to use it. The cost of living is rising fast here. About 38,000 Californians moved to WA state between April 1, 2005 to April 1, 2006.

Clarification: The maximum SSI amount is now 580 dollars something like that, and
that it is maximum from the federal. The state is free to add more money on the top of the maximum amount that federal gives on SSI checks.

LuciaDisturbed said:
Do the state of California issue state SSI checks? Or is $730 the total of the Federal government SSI check? I ask because some states issue state SSI checks, which would explain the higher amount. The state check amounts to about $81 in addition to the Federal check. Some states do not issue state checks and as a result the amount is usually around $630 or less.

I am working at wal----fart!!! I had no problem getting job there. They hired me quickly. SSI was not enough! I got so tired being poor. Now, I am happy to have enough money to support myself. (Smiling)

Contgrats perfumelady!! Been there and know how it feels to be not able to go anywhere becuz always be broke ;)

I'm on SSDI and going to collage. It don't seem like enough but life aint fair so suck it up I guess. All you can do anyway

Back