Wish for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread wouldn't have to be closed if I could block people from posting

Oh, censorship. You'll have to create your own sight for that.

ok - it's "cool power point" *shrug*
I've used ProPresenter on a number of occasions - actaully we typically let the Sunday School kids run it (12-15year olds) it's nothing special and the "coolness" (aka stupid sunset backgrounds etc) tends to hamper comprehension more than help it for those who actually rely on the text to follow the service or those with vision issues.

Regarding the feedback issue (which isn't a peak, it's feedback which is different) the best way to handle that is to mute the track/channel on the lav (or handheld) when it's not in use - or at minimum when they walk by any speakers/monitors etc.

We use the backgrounds as just that backgrounds. We use ProPresenter for the songs and for the sermon notes. Motion backgrounds look great behind words and aren't distracting at all.

He randomly walks in front of the speakers while preaching.. Can't catch it in time.

Anytime you create your own thread, all you have to do is ask to have it closed.

Exactly. Which no doubt this one will be as well, because the OP has requested it. Oh, that power of control over others...must be downright intoxicating!:lol:

So you want to be a dicator? Now I understand the freedom of the press!

No but I would like to keep posters such as PFH and jillio from intentionally contradicting and stirring up trouble. It seems they always just look for a reason to make someone come after them..

So you want to be a dicator? Now I understand the freedom of the press!

I think what he support's is the ability to have our discussion's not fall so far off track that they then become unbearable to continue with the discussion at all. Especially when there are certain un-named posters who do this on a constant basis...

I have to say, jiro seems to have hit the nail on the head here. Might want to start checking that one out, mods.

Oh, kids say the darndest things! :)

Don't you find it a bit odd that someone who could not properly use "your" and "you're" yesterday suddenly starts pointing out the difference between "sight" and "site". Check out the difference in the wording, the phrasing, the sudden use of Google that was so prevalent in another poster, the tone of the posts that are suddenly beginning to resemble the tone of another poster, etc. Very strange indeed.:cool2:

My wish for 2011... That all those implanted or parent's of implanted children continue with their progress with their CI.

Don't you find it a bit odd that someone who could not properly use "your" and "you're" yesterday suddenly starts pointing out the difference between "sight" and "site". Check out the difference in the wording, the phrasing, the sudden use of Google that was so prevalent in another poster, the tone of the posts that are suddenly beginning to resemble the tone of another poster, etc. Very strange indeed.:cool2:

I was looking for Zeebadee2010's post where he misspelled "your" when he should have used "you're". You are right... it is very strange!

I was looking for Zeebadee2010's post where he misspelled "your" when he should have used "you're". You are right... it is very strange!

SO good to see that people get excited over the little things. If your phased by me using your instead of you're, I'd hate to see you when something important happens..:ty:

No but I would like to keep posters such as PFH and jillio from intentionally contradicting and stirring up trouble. It seems they always just look for a reason to make someone come after them..

Then we should have the same right to keep posters out of Deaf threads to prevent them from stirring up trouble there.

Then we should have the same right to keep posters out of Deaf threads to prevent them from stirring up trouble there.

Fine by me! You won't see me stirring trouble in any deaf threads. Ohh wait are people with CI deaf or not? hmm I believe I am still deaf with a CI so it seems that the CI section is for deaf also and yet there is certain people stirring up trouble there everyday!

SO good to see that people get excited over the little things. If your phased by me using your instead of you're, I'd hate to see you when something important happens..:ty:

I was going to show it to you after you nitpicked Jillio's post. I do worry about few of bigger issues. Rights for the Deaf people. No more CI in babies and little ones. Those are my concerns. You are old enough to decided on CI for yourself. Those that were born deaf don't need to be implanted because we don't really miss sounds. That is why I believe that the deaf person don't have the right for CI until he/she reachs the age of majority.

That with the Moderators' assistance this can once again be a forum where people with cochlear implants, parents of children with cis, and those considering the ci for either themselves or for their children can discuss, share ideas and learn from each other.

That it once again become a forum free from those who seek to high jack and derail cochlear implant discussions.

Moderators--the ball is in your court.

Rick

And by choosing to deliberately leave out the population of people who are deaf/hh and who do not have CIs for whatever reasons, is a contradiction to your request. In fact, it adds fuel to the fire that people simply disregard that deaf people who do not fall in this category are incapable of making informed decisions and/or that their insight is significant enough to at least be considered. You're a parent of a daughter who is deaf. Shame on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back