Wish for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pointed out same yesterday regarding audis and surgeons. They don't have CI, they are hearing, yet their input is welcomed. So to say that one cannot have information and understanding of a CI without having one personally is simply not factual.

I never got to ask because the thread was closed.

I had someone who did the audio tests. (audi?) then saw someone who explained the results (doctor?) then the surgeon was the same as the doctor. What did he study?

How is that helping people if one is spreading stereotypes about deaf people, Deaf culture, and etc?

Should we stay out of the CI threads and let all of you bash ASL, Deaf schools, or whatever because it is the CI subforum? There are many CI users who are interested in ASL and Deaf culture.

I understand and agree 100% that bashing ASL, Deaf Culture is un-needed also. But what I can't wrap my head around is how unaccepting Deaf Culture seems to be on here about people who chose to get the CI. I for one am not against ASL I took a course of ASL and found it hard for me personally to understand while being placed in a all hearing class. I fell behind while others progressed. That's not saying I believe it is useless or anything. But just like some say not everyone is able to use a CI to the fullest extent. Not everyone has the access to a Community full of ASL user's and are able to to converse on a regular basis to keep their skill's sharp.

Jig's up RD. You let down your guard and the posts have changed in subtle but telling ways. You are not convincing anyone that you are an 18 year old with a recent implant who just lost his hearing as the result of a fall. And the fact that you would even attempt such a stunt shows that you have virtually no respect for the deaf people on this forum, the hearing members of this forum, and most especially, for yourself.

Sick and disturbed behavior indeed.

I don't know. I always liked RD. I am surprised he would say such awful things even if he was angry.

This is sad.

Do I have him mixed up with someone else? I thought RD was the parent of a deaf child who had a CI that doesn't work, and is pursuing a bilingual ASL route. Always like his posts.

Jig's up RD. You let down your guard and the posts have changed in subtle but telling ways. You are not convincing anyone that you are an 18 year old with a recent implant who just lost his hearing as the result of a fall. And the fact that you would even attempt such a stunt shows that you have virtually no respect for the deaf people on this forum, the hearing members of this forum, and most especially, for yourself.

Name's not RD, I don't know what your implying by that. And I am indeed 18. What reason would I have to lie about such a thing. How would I have posted pics of myself and my surgery getting a CI, if i hadn't indeed done it?

I don't know. I always liked RD. I am surprised he would say such awful things even if he was angry.

This is sad.

Yes, it is sad. Just as it was sad when Byrdie attempted the same type of scam. If the mods wish, I will go back and pull from previous posts, recent posts under this "zebadee" screen name, and illustrate what is becoming more and more obvious.

Sick and disturbed behavior indeed.

Jillio I would hate to tell you that you are quite mistaken.. He is a 18 year old young man with many 18 year old friend's. Z and I have conversed on Facebook. His FB page details his hearing loss and lifestyle as he has stated here in the Forum. But if you must insist on Blindly accusing him of being someone he is not, then by all means do so.

Yes, it is sad. Just as it was sad when Byrdie attempted the same type of scam. If the mods wish, I will go back and pull from previous posts, recent posts under this "zebadee" screen name, and illustrate what is becoming more and more obvious.

And what would that be? That I dislike you?

Name's not RD, I don't know what your implying by that. And I am indeed 18. What reason would I have to lie about such a thing. How would I have posted pics of myself and my surgery getting a CI, if i hadn't indeed done it?

Google is your friend. You think it is not possible to come up with photos that are "supposedly" of you? And you claim to be so tech savy. You are a pitiful joke. I am done even addressing such sick behavior.

Google is your friend. You think it is not possible to come up with photos that are "supposedly" of you? And you claim to be so tech savy. You are a pitiful joke. I am done even addressing such sick behavior.

What more proof do you need? Why are you in denial that everything I say happened to me is true?

Jillio I would hate to tell you that you are quite mistaken.. He is a 18 year old young man with many 18 year old friend's. Z and I have conversed on Facebook. His FB page details his hearing loss and lifestyle as he has stated here in the Forum. But if you must insist on Blindly accusing him of being someone he is not, then by all means do so.

What...people can't set up a fake FB page? Especially someone who claims to be so tech savy that they can get away with anything?

Nope...following what both my gut and my head are telling me here. Should have done it with Byrdie, but gave him the benefit of the doubt long after I suspected him posting under an assumed screen name. And when he tried to come back a third time under the same pretenses, I assisted Jolie just the way I am offering to assist the mods now.

Folks, I'm outta here. I refuse to participate in this type of dishonesty.

What...people can't set up a fake FB page? Especially someone who claims to be so tech savy that they can get away with anything?

Nope...following what both my gut and my head are telling me here. Should have done it with Byrdie, but gave him the benefit of the doubt long after I suspected him posting under an assumed screen name. And when he tried to come back a third time under the same pretenses, I assisted Jolie just the way I am offering to assist the mods now.

Bummer for you.... Must really be lonely to be so judgemental. Yeah his Facebook is a scam where he talks about church and show's photo's of himself and his peer's from school and also has discussion's with his peers.. Damn he is the purest form of scamming i'm telling ya!

You think that I just so happen to have the reason to falsely created hundreds of facebook pages to mimic all my friends and have them post saying they are praying for me and all this other normal stuff. All so I can trick deaffy and you into believing that i'm really 18. You are insane..

And by choosing to deliberately leave out the population of people who are deaf/hh and who do not have CIs for whatever reasons, is a contradiction to your request. In fact, it adds fuel to the fire that people simply disregard that deaf people who do not fall in this category are incapable of making informed decisions and/or that their insight is significant enough to at least be considered. You're a parent of a daughter who is deaf. Shame on you.

Sad that you condone the actions of certain people and think that they bring "insights" to those seeking to make informed decisions and are more concerned about their feelings than the people who come here seeking information, support or to give same.

If you think a so called adult professional who spent several hours and dozens of posts baiting and then mocking an 18 year old who is going through a complete upheaval in his life accompanied by a sidekick who just adds fuel to the fire is helpful and/or "insightful", then there is not much too add. Your comments are duly noted and given the weight they deserve: none.

Yes, I am the parent of a deaf child with a ci, a deaf child with a ci who is part of a deaf community that values her for who she is and not how she chooses to communicate. Far from being ashamed, I am proud of who she is especially when compared to several posters here who attempt to speak for all who are deaf.
Rick

You think that I just so happen to have the reason to falsely created hundreds of facebook pages to mimic all my friends and have them post saying they are praying for me and all this other normal stuff. All so I can trick deaffy and you into believing that i'm really 18. You are insane..

LOL no doubt.. WOW!! this really show's her true self..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back