Wish for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick48

Reaction score
That with the Moderators' assistance this can once again be a forum where people with cochlear implants, parents of children with cis, and those considering the ci for either themselves or for their children can discuss, share ideas and learn from each other.

That it once again become a forum free from those who seek to high jack and derail cochlear implant discussions.

Moderators--the ball is in your court.

Rick

Wirelessly posted

last time i counted there were 5 closed threads on the first page of this forum. It is ridiculous. If you are against CIs or CIs in children DON'T post in the CI threads! How simple is that!

As a more recent member here and taken part in a few discussions-lets hope that in 2011 no more closed threads on persons seeking the experience of others re: Hearing Aids OR Cochlear Implants. Since they have already decided to use assistance why their decision
should be subjected to re arguing again by the "cultural crowd"? Pace PFH/Jilllio et al. An example: Zebadee's thread closed yesterday. A suggestion open your own thread why you consider your ideological thoughts valid?
What will happen next year?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Yes, that would be nice Rick. Not to also mention beneficial.

I was about to post a CI related post in one of the CI threads only to learn that the two of them had just closed recently.

And maybe create a whole section for Late-deafened rather than hide the few forums for us in other forums.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Yeah, what do we deafies know? Let's turn this forum into one for hearing parents advocating implanting children other than their own! Woot! :rockon:

And maybe create a whole section for Late-deafened rather than hide the few forums for us in other forums.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Great idea, makes a lot of sense.

To others:

As you can see, it has already happened. Please ignore these posters and perhaps they will either go away or the Mods will do the right thing.

to paraphrase the old 60s anti-war slogan: Imagine if they started their rant and no one responded!

Rick

Sorry, rick, I was just being giddy. What you are asking for is impossible, since the moderators will never present only one side of an argument. We have nothing against cochlear implants. We have issues with WHY they are used. Just so you know.

Sorry, rick, I was just being giddy. What you are asking for is impossible, since the moderators will never present only one side of an argument. We have nothing against cochlear implants. We have issues with WHY they are used. Just so you know.

And people slinging things onto things that they know virtually nothing about.

That with the Moderators' assistance this can once again be a forum where people with cochlear implants, parents of children with cis, and those considering the ci for either themselves or for their children can discuss, share ideas and learn from each other.

That it once again become a forum free from those who seek to high jack and derail cochlear implant discussions.

Moderators--the ball is in your court.

Rick

Wirelessly posted

last time i counted there were 5 closed threads on the first page of this forum. It is ridiculous. If you are against CIs or CIs in children DON'T post in the CI threads! How simple is that!

As a more recent member here and taken part in a few discussions-lets hope that in 2011 no more closed threads on persons seeking the experience of others re: Hearing Aids OR Cochlear Implants. Since they have already decided to use assistance why their decision
should be subjected to re arguing again by the "cultural crowd"? Pace PFH/Jilllio et al. An example: Zebadee's thread closed yesterday. A suggestion open your own thread why you consider your ideological thoughts valid?
What will happen next year?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Yes, that would be nice Rick. Not to also mention beneficial.

I was about to post a CI related post in one of the CI threads only to learn that the two of them had just closed recently.

feel free to join a new forum that Alex created - Hearing Aid Forum

I have to say i was rather disappointed to be treated so rudely by a hearing person on an all deaf forum. I was hoping my thread could be beneficial to someone other than me in the long run. I guess in 2011 I'll have to post a new thread so I can tell everyone how activation goes.

PFH/Jillio seemed to be the main instigators as they took everything you said and looked for some way or reason to use it against you.

My advice block them from your threads. Or at least ignore their posts.

Many of us have, but it's still in it's infancy and is not very active. I, for one, will be glad when it's more active.

so stay there and keep posting. why come back here when you know you will face a lot of hostility? makes no sense.... unless you want drama simply cuz you're bored.

I have to say i was rather disappointed to be treated so rudely by a hearing person on an all deaf forum. I was hoping my thread could be beneficial to someone other than me in the long run. I guess in 2011 I'll have to post a new thread so I can tell everyone how activation goes.

PFH/Jillio seemed to be the main instigators as they took everything you said and looked for some way or reason to use it against you.

My advice is to be nice and not call people personal insults and question their morals.

I did not participate, but I was shocked by your behavior.

why not join the CI forum? you will be treated like a king and you will hear what you want to hear.

Yeah, what do we deafies know? Let's turn this forum into one for hearing parents advocating implanting children other than their own! Woot! :rockon:

Wait...don't they already have their own forum? What the heck; did CI circle close down?

When I first joined, this was a forum for the Deaf, of the Deaf, and by the Deaf. I propose we go back to that. There's one of my wishes for 2011. A second one would be to eradicate all of the audist views spewed out in this forum that get the fights started. The third wish I have for 2011 is that hearing parents stop coming on here and playing the victim. Don't want feedback on what you post in a public forum the responsible thing to do is not to post there. When you do, you accept the consequences of your decision. Oh, well. My fourth wish is that people get off of their overly defensive high horses and realize that criticism of a perspective is not a personal attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back