Wireless portable videophones are con.

The pros of the Viable VPAD --- You can still open the system of Viable Vision on the computer while at the same time your logged in VPAD. And the VPAD works great in Australia since it has a different power supply. I use a travel converter, simple!

WiMax

Sorry, next post

Last edited:
WiMax Wireless Access

WiMAX can provide broadband wireless access up to 30 miles for fixed stations, and 3 - 10 miles for mobile stations. In contrast, the WiFi/802.11 wireless local area network standard is limited in most cases to only 100 - 300 feet.

WiMAX will deliver extended broadband Internet beyond Wi-Fi. With wireless high-speed broadband connectivity for your PC, WiMAX-enabled laptops and mobile devices will provide you the freedom to connect to the Internet just as you do with your cell phone service. With speeds similar to DSL or cable and faster than using your cell phone service to connect, WiMAX will allow you to access all the data-intensive applications you love, including streaming media on the Internet, live video conferencing, mobile TV and more while on the move.

XOHM is the brand name Sprint Nextel Corporation is using to promote its 4G WiMAX services. Sprint is the first service provider in the United States to announce building a mobile WiMAX network. Chicago, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. will serve as initial test markets before nationwide rollout.

I really want WiMax but more cities will be launched in few years later. :roll:

Give you some images and ideas what I mean.

ev-do_router_4.jpg

Like what Richard just said... make sure it Rev-A... Thank Richard for that tip. I forgot about Rev-0 and Rev-A.

I have couple of these KR1 router.. I haven't used it for a while, last time I checked, it doesnt support newer KPC-680 card (Rev-A). I will have to check website and see if they have released new firmware to support that newer cards.

I have couple of these KR1 router.. I haven't used it for a while, last time I checked, it doesnt support newer KPC-680 card (Rev-A). I will have to check website and see if they have released new firmware to support that newer cards.

Verizon, att and sprint are limited to 5 GB then it's not enough for me.

Verizon, att and sprint are limited to 5 GB then it's not enough for me.

Not with ALLTEL.. ALLTEL has no caps - unlimited... If you have ALLTEL in your area, you may want to consider it and see if that meets your needs.. If so, lock in contract with ALLTEL before Verizon/ALLTEL merge is completed.. Verzion is REQUIRED to honor existing ALLTEL contract including that no-cap limitation.

Once VZW/ALLTEL complete the merge (around late 2008 timeframe) your coverage is unbelievable large!! About 90% coverage of USA. Of course EVDO is probably limited in major cities.

Not with ALLTEL.. ALLTEL has no caps - unlimited... If you have ALLTEL in your area, you may want to consider it and see if that meets your needs.. If so, lock in contract with ALLTEL before Verizon/ALLTEL merge is completed.. Verzion is REQUIRED to honor existing ALLTEL contract including that no-cap limitation.

Once VZW/ALLTEL complete the merge (around late 2008 timeframe) your coverage is unbelievable large!! About 90% coverage of USA. Of course EVDO is probably limited in major cities.

website please... Do you mean you lock the rate for life? Or by contract then renew?

Cool! I just checked Kyocera website, the latest KR1 firmware does support KPC680 express card with adapter. My market will be turning up the Rev A next week.. I look forward to this new speed and will test the Sorenson via EVDO-A.

There's no offers alltel in my area.

I want WiMax Rotuer for home, can 30 miles without carried, I know it is very expensive but high electic bills, and large toll antenna, GRRRRR. I hope Router will future more miles than 100-300 feets and low cheap

2.4hz = up to 300 feets for B (10mbips) and G (54mbips)
but
5hz = up 800-1,000 feets for A (speed slow 1mbips)
66hz (WiMax) = up to 37 miles but fastest than G and U!!

DD-WRT Firmwire have overclock but must use two Fan on CPU and wireless chipset, will more than 300 feets but you own risk that chipset will burn

WiMAX can provide broadband wireless access up to 30 miles for fixed stations, and 3 - 10 miles for mobile stations. In contrast, the WiFi/802.11 wireless local area network standard is limited in most cases to only 100 - 300 feet

WiMAX will deliver extended broadband Internet beyond Wi-Fi. With wireless high-speed broadband connectivity for your PC, WiMAX-enabled laptops and mobile devices will provide you the freedom to connect to the Internet just as you do with your cell phone service. With speeds similar to DSL or cable and faster than using your cell phone service to connect, WiMAX will allow you to access all the data-intensive applications you love, including streaming media on the Internet, live video conferencing, mobile TV and more while on the move.

XOHM is the brand name Sprint Nextel Corporation is using to promote its 4G WiMAX services. Sprint is the first service provider in the United States to announce building a mobile WiMAX network. Chicago, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. will serve as initial test markets before nationwide rollout.

I really want WiMax but more cities will be launched in few years later. :roll:

Last edited:
Awful sad that you don't have high speed internet. I m former Sorenson installer and I now work with HOVRS. You better keep Sorenson VP100 till getting new high speed internet in near future. You can carry new MVP to use wifi network in anywhere if having network. If necessary to help, let me know.

I know that I still keep VP100. Well, I see that 3G router has wifi, so MVP can connect to 3G router. Panera Bread Cafe or Starburak offer free wifi and I can bring MVP to Panera Bread or any wifi hotspot. that where I work for Panera Bread Cafe. I did test Dell PDA for wifi in Panera Bread Cafe. It was very nice. I checked how wifi on my Dell PDA speed. It speeded approx. 677 kbps. WOW!

First time, I used to watch my Dell PDA search for wifi through the city but I can't connect it. Cause, I shouldn't get trouble for hack for wifi haha. I know that the security protect them have wifi home networking.

I am curious If window on MVP will pop for wifi through the cities, I can connect it to any wifi hotspot. Well, I see how it work.

I know that I still keep VP100. Well, I see that 3G router has wifi, so MVP can connect to 3G router. Panera Bread Cafe or Starburak offer free wifi and I can bring MVP to Panera Bread or any wifi hotspot. that where I work for Panera Bread Cafe. I did test Dell PDA for wifi in Panera Bread Cafe. It was very nice. I checked how wifi on my Dell PDA speed. It speeded approx. 677 kbps. WOW!

First time, I used to watch my Dell PDA search for wifi through the city but I can't connect it. Cause, I shouldn't get trouble for hack for wifi haha. I know that the security protect them have wifi home networking.

I am curious If window on MVP will pop for wifi through the cities, I can connect it to any wifi hotspot. Well, I see how it work.

Do you have webcam for your notebook? You can call anyone by any VP like SorensonVP, OJO, MVP, VPAD, The Z, etc from your notebook which includes new HOVRS VideoSign 3.0 software program after December 31, 2008 which FCC rule and order allow 10-digital phone number (NAPA).

Do you have webcam for your notebook? You can call anyone by any VP like SorensonVP, OJO, MVP, VPAD, The Z, etc from your notebook which includes new HOVRS VideoSign 3.0 software program after December 31, 2008 which FCC rule and order allow 10-digital phone number (NAPA).

Of Course, I have webcam for my laptop. Thank you for asking. I can't wait to see what look like videosign 3.0.

I was wondering if MVP can be purchased? I have no idea how long the "waiting" list for free one, but if this can be purchased immediately, I would buy it.. This is perfect for my office as I move between few room so often.

I was wondering if MVP can be purchased? I have no idea how long the "waiting" list for free one, but if this can be purchased immediately, I would buy it.. This is perfect for my office as I move between few room so often.

MVP will be coming end of August or early September. If you buy it now, pay for $299 or less.

Back