Wireless portable videophones are con.

Hmm... we shouldn't be surprised that those vp portables wouldn't be readily use for us yet due to few reasons like some said above.

WiFi (public) isn't fast enough to feed for those types as of yet except very few places in the USA. But we can use LAN WiFi only within the range, closer the better ofc.

I would say probably around two years those will be ready for the most areas using WiFi. It's just too early this time.

Just think why VPAD was sent out bit too early; not only that it has some problems already just like iPhone. It seems like they're only interested in your money disregardless if it's workable or not... shame on 'em! :roll:

Hope that the MVP works better but think it's more likely it will yet it still wouldn't be ready for the road via WiFi. I may be wrong but need to expect some crappy or few problems may pop up. None new so it seems, huh? lol

I still want MVP because it can provide for either my wife or me to use other than our office where our vp resides at. So it's cool after all... but free, not paying for one like VPAD which I almoost bought for it - whew!

I got Viable's support said "As for your question, YES! We are working on it at the moment, and should be released in a VPAD upgrade very shortly. It is one of our biggest project on the list along with several other exicting features!

Please be patient-- Soon or later, you will be able to use the VPAD at all locations that requires a web browser to log in!

Have a nice day"

I guess, we will wait

Well, VPAD does not have web browser but only WEP support. MVP has web browser.

Someone tried to use it to wifi in some college but not working with it. He needed web browser. He was not happy that he returned it back to Viable company.

You may try it to wireless internet cafe but need wifi adapter.

If you interest to get new MVP, I can invite you to get purple ticket number then get new purple number as 10-digit number. you can contact me at PM. If you will not join up HOVRS member not yet, I will help you to set up. I work for HOVRS.

Awesome!!

I watched video of MVP. I think MVP will be better than VPAD because it can reach wifi anywhere. I believe alot of deaf people will satisfy to MVP than VPAD and they can be freedom to communicate them on MVP. I heard that the VPAD is not good service for deaf people. I don't have MVP or VPAD either. I have sorenson vp 100 in storage, because I don't have high speed internet. But I have wireless ATT aircard on my laptop. I am patiently wait on 3G coming here soon. I will consider to get MVP from HOVRS or Z vp from CSDRVS as well.

I can't pm someone for purple ticket :( unless I need to post up to 50 or 100. grr. lol

Huh? You have VP-100 and yet, you don't have high-speed internet? WTF...

Huh? You have VP-100 and yet, you don't have high-speed internet? WTF...

Well, my parent refuse let get a high speed internet here :(. If you have any 3G aircard like Verizon, ATT or Alltel, you can plug from usb ethernet adapter to MVP or Sorenson or CSDVRS Z vp. I see that usb ethernet adapter is nice on ebay website. I will see how it work between usb ethernet adapter and vp equipment.

yeah yeah but I don't see how Sorenson really let you have one.

yeah yeah but I don't see how Sorenson really let you have one.

Last Feburary, Sorenson installer came at my home without my knowledge. My dad wake me up on my bed. I came and see him about my vp 100. He said where is my vp?. I told him that I have it in my storage and don't have high speed internet. In additional, I told him I use ATT aircard on my laptop as well. He said He might take my vp out and talk with his boss. I never heard from him. I still have vp 100 in my storage.

I did explain to my parent about vp but I felt very sad for them still never understand deaf technology. sigh...

Well, my parent refuse let get a high speed internet here :(. If you have any 3G aircard like Verizon, ATT or Alltel, you can plug from usb ethernet adapter to MVP or Sorenson or CSDVRS Z vp. I see that usb ethernet adapter is nice on ebay website. I will see how it work between usb ethernet adapter and vp equipment.

U can hook up evdo router to your vp. Try google EVDO router or aircard router. It work same as Modem/router. Just rely on aircard.

U can hook up evdo router to your vp. Try google EVDO router or aircard router. It work same as Modem/router. Just rely on aircard.

Thank you for letting me know. But the usb ethernet adapter might connect to the vp. Did you see usb ethernet adapter on some website? I will trying to get aircard router. My understanding the mobile vp needs wifi on the aircard router as well. I should not have plm with that aircard router for mobile vp.

Last Feburary, Sorenson installer came at my home without my knowledge. My dad wake me up on my bed. I came and see him about my vp 100. He said where is my vp?. I told him that I have it in my storage and don't have high speed internet. In additional, I told him I use ATT aircard on my laptop as well. He said He might take my vp out and talk with his boss. I never heard from him. I still have vp 100 in my storage.

I did explain to my parent about vp but I felt very sad for them still never understand deaf technology. sigh...

Awful sad that you don't have high speed internet. I m former Sorenson installer and I now work with HOVRS. You better keep Sorenson VP100 till getting new high speed internet in near future. You can carry new MVP to use wifi network in anywhere if having network. If necessary to help, let me know.

Thank you for letting me know. But the usb ethernet adapter might connect to the vp. Did you see usb ethernet adapter on some website? I will trying to get aircard router. My understanding the mobile vp needs wifi on the aircard router as well. I should not have plm with that aircard router for mobile vp.

Do research. It available. I will look around to point out few things to give you ideas. Just not at the moment.

As long you are accessing on EVDO Rev-A aircard and network that is offering Rev A, not Rev-0. Rev-0's upload speed is less than 100bps (average).. Rev-A will be able to handle upstream like a charm..

Yes, good idea but EVDO router is not cheap as ISP router.

Most new modem card for laptop don't use pc-card anymore. USB is more hot now and some Express card won't work with pc-card.

EVDO router don't have express card yet.

Give you some images and ideas what I mean.

ev-do_router_4.jpg

MBR1000.jpg

router-diagram.gif

Like what Richard just said... make sure it Rev-A... Thank Richard for that tip. I forgot about Rev-0 and Rev-A.

Yes, good idea but EVDO router is not cheap as ISP router.

Most new modem card for laptop don't use pc-card anymore. USB is more hot now and some Express card won't work with pc-card.

EVDO router don't have express card yet.

when i was googling. I saw many of USB EVDO. Some come with battery for router etc... Candlestick evdo router. That what I saw.

Back