Why are you deaf?

My mom wasnt sure what kind of sick she had it with me during 5 months pregnant. I assume something with fever. I was born profound Deaf.

Nobody knows exactly why I'm hard of hearing. However, I've been told that when I was born, my brain somehow temporarily lost oxygen, but I somehow regained it. So my family assumes it's from my birth injury. But I, for some reason, never had a hearing test when I was born. I wasn't diagnosed with a sensor neural severe to profound hearing loss until I was 3 1/2.

I had to many ear infections, to many rounds of tonsillitis, to many sinus infections, and to many sets of tubes. When I was in my 20's they did a tonsillectomy, adenoids, and sinus surgeries. They found 3 small and 1 large rhinolith that they felt were leading to Eustachian issues.

Uh let's see.
I was born 3 months before my due date. Two of the arteries that was supposed to close naturally, didn't. At 18 months I was rushed to the ER for emergency heart surgery 'cause I was hemorrhaging blood into my lungs. The doctors fitted me with tubes and anti-biotics, but gave me too much anti-biotics and that caused nerve damage on almost my entire left side of the body, plus from the ears to the brain.

That's how I am deaf.

Started with a head injury when I was 21 but now with more noticeable symptoms it's starting to look like meniere's disease. I go to the doctors in 2 weeks but I have had vertigo issued the last 3 days straight.

Sent from my LGLS990 using AllDeaf App mobile app

sorry princess I was being flippent about shirly maclain on an old thread...

Unknown. Did not find out I was profound deaf until 9 months old. No clue.

I took my ear off because zombie are attach to hearing lately.

I was born a micro-preemie (24 weeks gestation) so I was born with sensorineural hearing loss. Or well moderate in my left, and severe moderate in my right.

When I was nine years old, I was in a car accident - was sitting in the back seat with my sister, when we were rear-ended while stopped at a red light.

3 months later, my audiologist told my parents that my hearing dropped a little. Then for the next 2 years, it came to a point where my hearing loss was profound.

It was a little heart-breaking as every visit, I was always being told grim news that my hearing dropped again. I was a bit scared as I thought I was going to lose my hearing.

So in 2006, when I was 12, I was asked if I wanted a C.I, and I had no idea what they were.. so my parents explained to me, and so I agreed to get it.

So glad I did, as it helped me alot more then my hearing aids could ever have. Even more so with bilateral implants now.

because im lucky.....
lmao
zpuYUXK.gif

My point is that many deaf people think that they are unlucky to be deaf, I don't think of it that way.

HH is unlucky....
you can turn it all around be Deaf
Deaf is lucky...
-)

You're like some ethnocentric racist. :lol:

Your own personality makes you luck or unlucky in the way you look at life.

Basically I'm deaf with a HH personality.

We get lots more accessories... :)

It hard half life hearing then sudden deafness have people say at the time I wes lucky I just think lucky was something defiantly I most did not feel. Years a go no dwelling why me.i want to live and I will anger pity party they achieve nothingu

You're like some ethnocentric racist. :lol:

Your own personality makes you luck or unlucky in the way you look at life.

Basically I'm deaf with a HH personality.

We get lots more accessories... :)

And can bling out our HAs. :cool2: :P

Back