Why are you deaf?

You're like some ethnocentric racist. :lol:

Your own personality makes you luck or unlucky in the way you look at life.

Basically I'm deaf with a HH personality.

We get lots more accessories... :)

I come by it naturally of course...."-)

Not sure about that. As a post lingual deaf, you are the equivalent of a Catholic convert.

They often display the same behaviors.

I sometimes say that converts are better Catholics than cradle born Catholics. My husband was a convert, but he didn't have an superior attitude about it.

I sometimes say that converts are better Catholics than cradle born Catholics. My husband was a convert, but he didn't have an superior attitude about it.

I've been married into a big Catholic family lo these many years, so have had ample opportunity to observe it!`

To be clear and faiR..
I certainly dont feel superior to anyone,
A little more lucky sure...
But not superior....
°¬)

I've been married into a big Catholic family lo these many years, so have had ample opportunity to observe it!`

Wasn't saying there aren't people out there like that. Just saying my hubby wasn't one of them. :wave:

I think that happens in many different situations where someone "converts" and all of a sudden they think they know more than the people who were "there" long before them.

I know that sounds kinda of cryptic, but can't think of anything specific off my head right now....except maybe teenagers. :giggle:

Wasn't saying there aren't people out there like that. Just saying my hubby wasn't one of them. :wave:

I think that happens in many different situations where someone "converts" and all of a sudden they think they know more than the people who were "there" long before them.

I know that sounds kinda of cryptic, but can't think of anything specific off my head right now....except maybe teenagers. :giggle:
I wasn't arguing either. :wave:

This occurs in all religions, id imagine,

And actually there's a Facebook group where I am afraid I come across like Hoichi.

A late deaf (or wannabe) guy there goes on and on about how he Simcoms and goes to all deaf events where he befriends the newbies and always talks while signing to them.

I want to punch him in the throat repeatedly until he shuts up.

But that's probably a story for a different thread...

And actually there's a Facebook group where I am afraid I come across like Hoichi.

A late deaf (or wannabe) guy there goes on and on about how he Simcoms and goes to all deaf events where he befriends the newbies and always talks while signing to them.

Ouch.......
Well.....if its any consolation im no wannabe, some on here can vouch for my authenticity, if need be, and if required for what ever the reasons
Im not worried

Ouch.......
Well.....if its any consolation im no wannabe, some on here can vouch for my authenticity, if need be, and if required for what ever the reasons
Im not worried

Oh, sorry I didn't mean to imply you were.

I just said I have a tendency to act like you, but only with really obtuse people.

Don't want to punch you. Just the talking PSE guy who is messing up the new students at deaf events.

Botti, you mean that you feel like wanting to punch him in the mouth, not the throat, as repeatedly until he shut up with the know all.

Yeah, I get that. He or she can be ignorant that hearing people know all about d/Deaf culture. Only problem with them is they never had experience what it was like to be deaf growing up. If they just got their first experience of being late deafened or someone who want to be deaf like us. They have no idea what we had gone through. :roll:

That's true, Beblong...my childhood wasn't the greatest...HOH...but I can honestly say...if I were born deaf....things would have been so much harder for me.

Oh, sorry I didn't mean to imply you were.

I just said I have a tendency to act like you, but only with really obtuse people.

Don't want to punch you. Just the talking PSE guy who is messing up the new students at deaf events.

All cool bots....thank you for.clarifying.
Indeed those kind.are a pain,
All round

Botti, you mean that you feel like wanting to punch him in the mouth, not the throat, as repeatedly until he shut up with the know all.

Yeah, I get that. He or she can be ignorant that hearing people know all about d/Deaf culture. Only problem with them is they never had experience what it was like to be deaf growing up. If they just got their first experience of being late deafened or someone who want to be deaf like us. They have no idea what we had gone through. :roll:

I just love it when people tell someone what they meant, I did not know we had so many mind readers around here. :roll:

I just love it when people tell someone what they meant, I did not know we had so many mind readers around here. :roll:

I am perfectly happy if Bebonang wants to correct my way of expression.

Many times she is right and her way to say something could be better than the way I said it..

That's true, Beblong...my childhood wasn't the greatest...HOH...but I can honestly say...if I were born deaf....things would have been so much harder for me.

I never know with this if would or not..my mother cruel hard woman and for me it been nightmare but others with parents that had grain of humanity may had it better,i will never know

Back