Which would you choose?

If you could magically choose one of these, which would it be?

• Your hearing restored.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • One million dollars.

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Success and fame in any career of your choice.

Votes: 12 30.0%

• Total voters

dreama

Reaction score
If you were given the choice of regaining your hearing, getting a million dollars, or having great success and fame in your chosen career, which would you want?

Me, I'd want to be famous.

If you were given the choice of regaining your hearing, getting a million dollars, or having great success and fame in your chosen career, which would you want?

Me, I'd want to be famous.

I don't think I would want to restore my hearing because as a deaf person, it is who I am. It is my identity. It's all I've only known to be a deaf person all my life.

As for the million dollars - Sure, it sounds great to have that much money BUT, I wouldn't pick that one either because money is not always the answer to everything.

I'll settle for the success but not for the fame. Why? It is because when I am successful, I'll know that I've gained confidence, self knowledge and to feel good that I've worked hard for what I've earned in order to be successful. :)

My hearing restored because I can use it to pursue a successful career where I can make millions of dollars.

I say a million dollars because I'm okay with being deaf, and if I automatically get success for no work, I dont know.. it just doesnt sound like fun!

I would rather get $1,000,000. :)

If I became hearing, then become deaf again... damn!

If I became famous, I can't be famous forever... damn!

So, with $1,000,000... I can take my sweet time working part-time and be happy for the rest of my life. :)

$1M :)

I don't want to have my hearing restored. I don't want to be famous.

I just want to have $1M and be successful.

$1M :)

I don't want to have my hearing restored. I don't want to be famous.

I just want to have $1M and be successful.

I hope you're not saying you would not be successful without the million.

*umm* hard to say, which i pick???

I want become 1 mio, but should I every go to store and get a lottery, then not win, again...again ...again. oh no!!! I don't want be long waiting :)

I want become hearing restored, and what is next? Am i happy with that?? what, if I am sleeping and fly the helicopter over my house. oh no no!!! I better stay deaf and sleep peace! LOL

I want become famous *tsk tsk tsk* Honestly, no thanks! Because i am too old for that. ;)

I would love to have the $1 Million. That would be helpful for our family as well since my grandmother is very sick...I would give her some money to pay off of her medical bills..*oh boy* Save the leftover of money for the new house someday with my fiance and other things we needed.

I wouldnt want to have my hearing restored because I love being deaf- thats how God created who we are. I don't want to change myself who I am.

I don't need to be famous because I am happy with what I have in life right now. I feel that I will success in my own path with God that follows my heart. :)
Just be with my family and my fiance.

hmmm...$1 million or my hearing restored? Id take the $1 million, but then my 15 minutes of fame is up and im back on square one . and being so stone deaf for long, it would be like trying to teach an old dog new tricks.

I said success and fame with any career choice. Really, I prefer to leave the fame out of it because I am not interested in becoming famous. I just want sucess with any career that I want. It would be success with interior designing.

One doesn't need to have their "hearing restored" in order to achieve the other two.

One doesn't need to have their "hearing restored" in order to achieve the other two.

That makes for a nice sound bite but the reality is quite another thing. Especially when offered to this population (myself included) who cannot truly appreciate what it means to be hearing except those of us (very few) who know what they are missing. Even hearing people have the "luxury" of taking their hearing for granted.

So, for me, I'm not even thinking of the other two choices.

Ok. You can read the 3rd choice as successful and/or famous. I'd want to be famous as I want to have my book published when I eventually finish writing it.

Heck with the fame and hearing restored choices.

No fun and no peace being famous.... I'm fine being deaf.

So that leave me the sole choice - $1M :D
(voted)

That makes for a nice sound bite but the reality is quite another thing. Especially when offered to this population (myself included) who cannot truly appreciate what it means to be hearing except those of us (very few) who know what they are missing. Even hearing people have the "luxury" of taking their hearing for granted.

So, for me, I'm not even thinking of the other two choices.

As far as personal choice is concerned, you'll get no disagreement from me. Just stating that one isn't necessary for the other. Choice is another matter.

Back