Which one good BMW, LEXUS or Jag

I wouldn't recommend a BMW with rear wheel drive due to traction in the winter time which snows a lot in Massachuetts. Unless, you get an AWD drive which I don't know if BMW makes one for the sedans but they do with the X5 SUV.

It's not my business, but I assume that Phillips is rich gal.

yes BMW makes AWD for sedan. My friend just bought 3-series AWD few months ago and he loves it.... spoiled brat..... his mama bought it for him as college graduation gift... and what I got? a pat on the butt :tears:

yes BMW makes AWD for sedan. My friend just bought 3-series AWD few months ago and he loves it.... spoiled brat..... his mama bought it for him as college graduation gift... and what I got? a pat on the butt :tears:

Really? Yeah, like Mercedes Benz have 4 matic for their sedans, too. Ouch, that's some mom you got. :( Did you graduate from college also?

Your mother did the right thing. You will have better character.

Your mother did the right thing. You will have better character.

I agree! IT shows that his mom wants you to have challenges in life to earn something. I never got something fancy, either. I worked my butt off to get a nice car, nice computer, etc.

A lot of teenagers are spoiled brats, too. It's really sad.

Really? Yeah, like Mercedes Benz have 4 matic for their sedans, too. Ouch, that's some mom you got. :( Did you graduate from college also?

Yup Benz has AWD too. and yea I graduated few months ago. just a pat on the butt is all I got for college graduation gift. Same from my gf. :tears: i hate everybody. just let me be at my corner.

:laugh2:

Yup Benz has AWD too. and yea I graduated few months ago. just a pat on the butt is all I got for college graduation gift. Same from my gf. :tears: i hate everybody. just let me be at my corner.

:laugh2:

That really sucks, I guess they should have given you something nicer than just a pat on the butt. You and your girlfriend earned it.

That really sucks, I guess they should have given you something nicer than just a pat on the butt. You and your girlfriend earned it.

we didn't graduate at same time but we did graduate from same school. we pretty much got a pat on the butt from our parents too. oh well!

getting a full-time job with benefit is more than good enough for me... especially for a HOH person like me! :cool2: I was pretty damn lucky enough to land this job just a couple months after graduation in this time of shitty economic situation.

a week after i accepted the job offer, i went to see DVRS. At first - I originally made appointment for DVRS cuz I thought I wasn't going to get any job. But I landed a job and I decided to go to DVRS anyway just to see what's he got to offer. He said that I was very lucky to land the job because couple months ago - many people with disability lined up at DVRS and the line extended around the block. It was sad.

I know most people have hard time finding jobs after graduation and they usually find one about 6 months to 1+ year after graduation... which is quite depressing. whew! I got lucky.

we didn't graduate at same time but we did graduate from same school. we pretty much got a pat on the butt from our parents too. oh well!

getting a full-time job with benefit is more than good enough for me... especially for a HOH person like me! :cool2: I was pretty damn lucky enough to land this job just a couple months after graduation in this time of shitty economic situation.

a week after i accepted the job offer, i went to see DVRS. At first - I originally made appointment for DVRS cuz I thought I wasn't going to get any job. But I landed a job and I decided to go to DVRS anyway just to see what's he got to offer. He said that I was very lucky to land the job because couple months ago - many people with disability lined up at DVRS and the line extended around the block. It was sad.

I know most people have hard time finding jobs after graduation and they usually find one about 6 months to 1+ year after graduation... which is quite depressing. whew! I got lucky.

You are indeed, really lucky to land in a job soon after you graduated!

how about a SAAB?! nice car, very smart looking european car with good engineering

how about a SAAB?! nice car, very smart looking european car with good engineering

And, sadly GM owns Saab. It isn't the same engineering as they did in the past. The V-6 engine is made by GM.

And, sadly GM owns Saab. It isn't the same engineering as they did in the past. The V-6 engine is made by GM.

yes indeed true, sequoias.... fortunately - my saab was pre-GM. an ugly 1999 hatchback :cool2: but it serves me well

How about a nice 4WD!?

2007ToyotaPradoTurboDiesel.jpg

yes indeed true, sequoias.... fortunately - my saab was pre-GM. an ugly 1999 hatchback :cool2: but it serves me well

It's turbocharged I-4 with 5 speed manual? I know they had the infamous quirky feature...inigition on the center console.

It's turbocharged I-4 with 5 speed manual? I know they had the infamous quirky feature...inigition on the center console.

yup! it's modeled after plane cockpit design. Porsche has interesting design too - left hand placement for ignition.

yup! it's modeled after plane cockpit design. Porsche has interesting design too - left hand placement for ignition.

yeah? I didn't know porsche had ignition on the left hand side. My best friend's dad had a 1986 Saab 900 Turbo and it finally broke down few years ago with over 320,000 miles on it.

yeah? I didn't know porsche had ignition on the left hand side. My best friend's dad had a 1986 Saab 900 Turbo and it finally broke down few years ago with over 320,000 miles on it.

320,000 miles!? damn. Mine's about 170,000 miles. BMW/Honda/Porsche/Saab/etc. have their own quirks. For example -

You know how each gear is different.

For example - for BMW.... since its ignition is on right side near to steering wheel... they placed gear #1 on upper-left position because this is how this flows -

1. driver gets in
2. driver inserts a key.... engine's revving
3. driver holds down the clutch
4. driver releases the parking brake and immediately push the stick to gear #1 to upper-left.
smooth and fluidic process!

Porsche's way - gear #1 is same position as BMW (upper-left) and ignition is on left side. why? because -
1. driver's in a hurry and porsche's being impatient to go fast!
2. while he gets in, he inserts the key on left side
3. his right hand's free so he can quickly disengage parking brake and then slam the gear to gear #1... burn some rubber!
pretty fast process!

But here's a small difference in terms of safety. Both BMW and Porsche have same gear placement on their sticks. #1 starts at upper-left but their placement of R is different. BMW placed R on far right side while Porsche placed it on far left side. BMW put R on right side for safety reason because traditionally, R was placed on left side and many people made mistake shifting to R when they meant to use gear #1.

Saab has interesting security feature. Its gear placement is same and R is on right side. In order to take your key out of ignition, you need to put your gear in reverse and by removing your key, it locks the gear in its place - an effective security feature. All cars - you can just take your key out and the gear is free to move - easy to steal for thief which is why most car owners with sticks use steering wheel security locks. :cool2:

Wow, thanks for the interesting tidbits. :)

I'm not sure... but I think in old time (possibly 90's or earlier) - the gear #1 used to be bottom-left because you insert the key and then slam your gear down. But this is an inefficient movement because you have to disengage your parking brake. However, one can argue that you disengage your parking brake first and turn on your engine and then shift the gear.

However, more modern cars have adopted gear #1 to be in upper-left position. I guess people turn on engine first after all :dunno:

god.... i love driving stick :cool2:

I'm not sure... but I think in old time (possibly 90's or earlier) - the gear #1 used to be bottom-left because you insert the key and then slam your gear down. But this is an inefficient movement because you have to disengage your parking brake. However, one can argue that you disengage your parking brake first and turn on your engine and then shift the gear.

However, more modern cars have adopted gear #1 to be in upper-left position. I guess people turn on engine first after all :dunno:

god.... i love driving stick :cool2:

Yeehaw! *spins tires* You're making me miss driving a stick shift car.
20.gif

How come you are not driving manual, G-tree? I love driving manual, that is why I switched to manual when I bought my new car last year :D

Back