Which Choices of Communication should Hearing parents use for their implanted child?

How communication method do you think deaf implanted children should use?

• Cued speech and Speech communication a language development tool for deaf children.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sign Language and Speech (Any) (Total Communication)

Votes: 36 94.7%
  • Sign Language Only

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Oral Method without Sign Language.

• I don't care either of the list above

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick.... either she doesn't know the song., or... eh... .. ???
WOW

Nope, fully aware of the song. It bears no relevance to the discussion, however. Try to focus, cloggy.

I cannot imagine this was directed at me, because basic nursery-rhymes and songs are VERY important in a childs development. The song that Rich quoted in good humor was just that. Even I know the song, and my nursery-rhimes were in Dutch.

So, R's humoristic post could have been greeded with a smile.... She chose not to....

Sorry to go off-topic...
BTW... bringing humor in the thread, relaxing the athmosphere.... is that "off-topic"??
HAve a look where it really went off-topic.

Back on topic...

You were surprised about my choice.... you expected "speech only" which was not a choice"... (Oral method could be lipreading. Speech can be done without cued speech. So, I missed "speech only". Even had it been there... I would not have chosen it..)
That surprised me..

Wow, how is it that you reach the conclusion that a post that was very neutral in nature by the oringiantor of the thread was directed at you? Feeling fine, are you?

And before the thread gets locked, back on topic......an overwhelming resposnse of 94.7% in favor of sign and speech together!

Wow, how is it that you reach the conclusion that a post that was very neutral in nature by the oringiantor of the thread was directed at you? Feeling fine, are you?!

It's funny how some blames us for jumping to conclusions because we don't understand their English written, and then again, who's misunderstanding my post when I said "some of you".

It just some people cannot look at themselves before going off judging others for the miscommunication, for English written, for the misunderstanding. I gave up! (sigh)

It's funny how some blames us for jumping to conclusions because we don't understand their English written, and then again, who's misunderstanding my post when I said "some of you".

It just some people cannot look at themselves before going off judging others for the miscommunication, for English written, for the misunderstanding. I gave up! (sigh)

I don't blame you at all, Cheri. All of these childish attempts to divert the topic are becoming very tiresome. Some people live on drama, I guess, and when it gets to the point that a discussion is actually productive and informative, they have to stir the pot to make themselves feel good again.

I'm sorry, you are right. I missed post #214 where the nonsense start.
My apologies..

I'm sorry, you are right. I missed post #214 where the nonsense start.
My apologies..

How, exactly, is asking someone if they have learned any sign language yet off topic on a thread that is addressing communication choices?

How, exactly, is asking someone if they have learned any sign language yet off topic on a thread that is addressing communication choices?
Oh, THAT's what it was..
Perhaps because I have seen the same post elsewhere.
And, you being a person that claims to be intelligent, I thought you knew the answer. Everyone else knows, but since you claim that it was a genuine question, I guess that even thought you have memorised a lot of difficult words, and learned how to spell them right, you still haven't figured out the answer to that question... sad.. there must be someone that can help you...
(sorry, I don't dare to give you guidence in quest for knowledge.. a braver person might..)

Cheri... would you mind informing Jillio about Rick's sign-language abilities... Post #214..
Learn any sign language yet, rick?
was a serious question....
Thanks.

Glad we are back on topic...

Oh, THAT's what it was..
Perhaps because I have seen the same post elsewhere.
And, you being a person that claims to be intelligent, I thought you knew the answer. Everyone else knows, but since you claim that it was a genuine question, I guess that even thought you have memorised a lot of difficult words, and learned how to spell them right, you still haven't figured out the answer to that question... sad.. there must be someone that can help you...
(sorry, I don't dare to give you guidence in your question.. a braver person might..)

Cheri... would you mind informing Jillio about Rick's sign-language abilities... Post #214 was a serious question....
Thanks.

Glad we are back on topic...

Nope, it was a genuine question. I don't think Cheri can answer the question,either, cloggy. Only rick can answer it. And the answer provides volumes of information. I will await the answer. And, if it is not answered, I will continue to ask. It is very much on topic. How can one propose that sign and speech is the best method to use with a deaf child when one does not practice what one preaches?

Nope, it was a genuine question. I don't think Cheri can answer the question,either, cloggy. Only rick can answer it. And the answer provides volumes of information. I will await the answer. And, if it is not answered, I will continue to ask. It is very much on topic. How can one propose that sign and speech is the best method to use with a deaf child when one does not practice what one preaches?
Sure JT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back