When you're angry..

P

pinkster

What do you do when you're angry? I know some people go off on other people, some people let it fester (sit inside themselves and build up), whereas some people just forget. What do you do?

I tend to let it build up, but then when I know Im boiling over, I tend to go for a run. Im not thin or in shape, but I can run a little. Its a good change from 3 years ago, where I used to eat when I got mad. Thats how I got to be 250 pounds my sophomore year (99-00). Im 223 now, and tonight I ran a mile, in 18 mins (ish, its hard to count cause i didnt have a stop watch.) I came home, took a shower, and felt kind of better. Things lately have been real shitty, and today was one of those days where I just snapped. :( I feel like a poor friend sometimes, and I want no pity. :) Dad's coming home next month from Gally, Uncle's stressed out, mom's unhappy with dad and then theres this whole thing between Lindsey and Bill. Someone should pay me to go visit them and then I'd be ok. I havent had a vacation since August 2002, when I went to RI to visit a few AD'ers like Matty.. :)

Thanks for letting me vent :(

go shopping..........

but well i have a trick dont think its silly......

when no one is home, I go in the bathroom and turn on the fan, and I look in the mirror and I pretend the mirror is the person........you know...........tell them off and see how you look when doing it........... weird but it works!!!

pinkster said:
What do you do when you're angry? I know some people go off on other people, some people let it fester (sit inside themselves and build up), whereas some people just forget. What do you do?

I tend to let it build up, but then when I know Im boiling over, I tend to go for a run. Im not thin or in shape, but I can run a little. Its a good change from 3 years ago, where I used to eat when I got mad. Thats how I got to be 250 pounds my sophomore year (99-00). Im 223 now, and tonight I ran a mile, in 18 mins (ish, its hard to count cause i didnt have a stop watch.) I came home, took a shower, and felt kind of better. Things lately have been real shitty, and today was one of those days where I just snapped. :( I feel like a poor friend sometimes, and I want no pity. :) Dad's coming home next month from Gally, Uncle's stressed out, mom's unhappy with dad and then theres this whole thing between Lindsey and Bill. Someone should pay me to go visit them and then I'd be ok. I havent had a vacation since August 2002, when I went to RI to visit a few AD'ers like Matty.. :)

Thanks for letting me vent :(

You have a good reason to control your anger. Being angry against your family, your friends, and your peers is not a positive outcome. It is really a negative outcome. I try to leave the room when I get mad. I think that is probably the best thing to do. Hope I helped.

tekkmortal said:
You have a good reason to control your anger. Being angry against your family, your friends, and your peers is not a positive outcome. It is really a negative outcome. I try to leave the room when I get mad. I think that is probably the best thing to do. Hope I helped.

You're right, but is there such a thing as being too controlled? I know David (the guy im supposedly dating) thinks Im too controlled.

pinkster said:
You're right, but is there such a thing as being too controlled? I know David (the guy im supposedly dating) thinks Im too controlled.

Why he thinks that you are too controlled?

It's better to just let it all out because if you bottle it up, believe it or not but it has been shown in several research that people can live longer if they holler it out.

aw jams-

Here's my HUG *HUGGS*

when i'm angery i usally go outside and relax.. and go for a walk around the block or drive around the block.. yet.. many days i'm getting angry in first few months after sean's mother left.. now it's much better. at least.. anyway.. yeah i do go shopping.. stop by at wal-mart to see my co-workers making me laugh.. or so..

tekkmortal said:
Why he thinks that you are too controlled?

.. its a long story.. You have to know me to really understand. I used to be super emotional, now I show so little.

LIke i told u when i was in MN jams, I had a MAJOR temper plm and im SOO WORKING on it, down to my last two anger management classes and then i graduate, and i learned IT'S NOT GOOD TO BOTTLE UP cuz i snap easily when it comes to a breaking point, now today i feel good abt venting out and letting it go when it sounds stupid or just venting out on my own OR talking to someone and telling them HEY this is what im feeling, cuz ANGER is a CONTROLLING mind! it's NOT easy on any aspect, but u can break that into little bitty anger modes. like someone not doing thier job properly, and u say HEY im not happy with this progress. Let's work together and make this right.. and with family u SHOULD vent it out to them say hey im not happy with u guys because....... and tell them the reason and say i would like to find a soultion cuz if u dont find the soultion u ll find urself in another anger mode, best yet to come is this jams what u have been doing is GREAT taking *timeout* so u can clam urself down then confront the issue CALMLY and RATIONALLY and in the end jams, u ll feel A WHOLE lot better....
Tonight i was very disapointed to hear my orament i bought for my parents anniversary was stolen and mom had forgotten to tell me about it, i felt hurt and sad at the same time and i told mom never to take something of sentimaital cuz it can cause u greif and pain. like i felt and mom knew how i felt.. and did apologized to me for this.

All in ALL jams, all u have to do is take it slow breath and last but not the least be calm and rational, it ll go better in the long run.......... DON T LET IT FESTER CONFRONT IT!

In the past -- I did both -- bottle my anger in and blow up at the tiniest thing that irritates or upsets me. I still do today...but am doing a bit better. Instead of breaking things and saying hurtful things -- I exit the room and go for a walk and mull over what has happened, and so forth. :)

I bottle up and burst like a bubble... it happens to me occassionally. But I rather punch the punchbag instead of throwing objects when I get mad for some reasons. I consider that punching the boxing bag is the most effective tool. Sometimes, I do talk to myself in order to vent out. I know it is weird, but it helps me sometimes. Everyone has each own styles of venting out.

Being angry all the time is giving your face more WRINKLES!!

i usually hit the bed with a nerf baseball bat. i sometimes press my pen too hard in my journal after making a mess on it.. I do write something about my anger without thinking... journals are really safe outlets.... they dont care how you say things!! i usually dont approach people first... i just work on why i am feeling so damned angry or upset. i have a system. then i write down an outline of plans and acknowledgements. it also helps to talk with yourself... ya know, think of yourself as a wee child in a wonderful playground you call imagination. play, play....

Liza said:
i usually hit the bed with a nerf baseball bat. i sometimes press my pen too hard in my journal after making a mess on it.. I do write something about my anger without thinking... journals are really safe outlets.... they dont care how you say things!! i usually dont approach people first... i just work on why i am feeling so damned angry or upset. i have a system. then i write down an outline of plans and acknowledgements. it also helps to talk with yourself... ya know, think of yourself as a wee child in a wonderful playground you call imagination. play, play....

hee hee... nerf bat.. Journals are overrated though. I think Im going to go to a counselor. =/

I get angry the first day. I put it in the subconscious mind on the second day, therefore, it's forgotten until someone brings it up. It's like I know the problem is there, but I'm not willing to talk about it until the other person brings it up. And I don't dwell on the problem either.

Piece of cake.

tekkmortal said:
Why not take a vacation instead? :wiggle:

I cant. I have a job that needs me badly - i work in retail and its christmas season. I have bills to manage and rent to pay. I cant just leave, although I need to. =/

pinkster said:
I cant. I have a job that needs me badly - i work in retail and its christmas season. I have bills to manage and rent to pay. I cant just leave, although I need to. =/

do you get paid vacation? or any other paid time-off?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
do you get paid vacation? or any other paid time-off?

No. Whatever work I miss, i have to make up or I lose pay. nice to work in a small shop huh :)

well just dont mess with me then u are safe! *laffin*

Back