What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight was grilled chicken caesar salad with spiced croutons.
The weather is changing, everyone is posting stews or casseroles. I've decided that curry is what is called for. Anyone have a favorite? My fave is ki murghi.
I was also thinking of a dahl, since beans were mentioned. It's Jillio's fault for mentioning basmati rice. I just cant think of it without a lovely curry.

Earlier for dinner I made homemade chicken pot pie and for dessert I made pumpkin log.

Yes, that is how the Dutch oven came about. It was origninally intended to be used inside the fireplace on top of the embers.

Yeah, and when u bakin' a cake, some embers go on top of the dutch oven, too, lidded, of course, lol.

Made Chicken Marsula with whole wheat rotoni and fresh spinach salad. Yummy!!!

Wait for your vp to call me to come over your place for a dinner. You never call me lately.
mecry.gif

stove on fire

I woke up this morning feeling disoriented took me a minute to figure out my apartment was full of electrical smoke. I went to the kitchen and in under the burners I could see flames and the oven light was on even though it was turned off, all the burners were off. I through some water in there and there was a
loud BZZT and a big blue arc and the flames went out. I guess I wont be cooking for a while. cough cough

Probably nothing as I spent the afternoon babysitting for my granddaughters and my daughter gave me too much soda, chips, and candy. I feel sick. :barf:

I woke up this morning feeling disoriented took me a minute to figure out my apartment was full of electrical smoke. I went to the kitchen and in under the burners I could see flames and the oven light was on even though it was turned off, all the burners were off. I through some water in there and there was a
loud BZZT and a big blue arc and the flames went out. I guess I wont be cooking for a while. cough cough

you know water + electrical fire do not mix. you got lucky there. please get a fire extinguisher. It's small and cheap. I have 3 for different purposes - automobile and 2 for general.

Oh, wow! I'm sorry about the fire! If you were closer, I would share my dinner with you! Tonight was pretty boring though...grilled ham and cheese sandwich and homemade sweet potato chips.

Oh, wow! I'm sorry about the fire! If you were closer, I would share my dinner with you! Tonight was pretty boring though...grilled ham and cheese sandwich and homemade sweet potato chips.

Sounds pretty darn good to me! Hmm homemade sweet potato chips? How to you makes those?

you know water + electrical fire do not mix. you got lucky there. please get a fire extinguisher. It's small and cheap. I have 3 for different purposes - automobile and 2 for general.

Thanks Jiro, I do have fire extinguishers and baking soda. I would recommend that as the way to go as well. I just did not care in that moment about the electrical arc. Probably due to being an electrician. You would think I would go the way of excessive caution. Why have just a little smoky fire when you can have the big boom? Sometimes I analyze my way of doing things and go hmm.
I sorted out in the short decision making time that it had to be a partial short circuit in the oven control wiring. I figured it would finish making the short circuit and it did. End of fire instantly. Do I recommend anyone do it that way?
No I don't. Never do that. It is better to do things like all safety people recommend.

inspirabull, glad u okay!

we have fire extinguishers rated for all common household fires on each floor in house-

Sounds pretty darn good to me! Hmm homemade sweet potato chips? How to you makes those?

Very simple. Slice the raw sweet potato into thin slices and fry in canola oil until brown. This just takes a few minutes; they cook very quickly. Drain well on paper toweling to remove extra grease, and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.

BTW, I use my cast iron dutch oven as a deep fryer, too!:giggle:

CHILI! MMMMMMMM! My kid will have homemade flat out pizza or cheeseburger...I bet he'll pick cheeseburger! :)

Same here...we used our cast iron dutch oven as a deep fryer....we gave our deep fryer away..it take up so much space....so dutch oven pot does the trick! :)

Very simple. Slice the raw sweet potato into thin slices and fry in canola oil until brown. This just takes a few minutes; they cook very quickly. Drain well on paper toweling to remove extra grease, and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.

BTW, I use my cast iron dutch oven as a deep fryer, too!:giggle:

my dinner tonight was :

tortilla wrap with tuna, coleslaw, lettuce and tomatoes with salad cream!! :)

no idea what's my dinner for tonite at Vegas but I pray I won't get food poisoning incident like candybrowneyes

Me? :shrug:..... My girls will have mac and white cheese! :D

Tonight I am making a sausage and cheese pot pie and Harvard beets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back