Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway Im due for a makeover - appearently by my friends Im not uh - feminine enough.

"Feminine enough"? Be yourself = feminine enough.

They are like you dont need to wear pants so low cut,
Low-cut pants are very feminine and sexy sometimes.

you dont wear a white t-shirt underneath another shirt,
Nothing wrong with a white t-shirt. Maybe they are too picky to you?

your shoes are OK for work (and the ones they are commenting on arent even my work shoes to begin with!). they go on to say - you need to carry a purse, you need to wear makeup! You need to wear a dress occssionally, how about some earrings? You need a make over!

Im like AACK!

Agree - AACK! :)

First of all - what do you put in a purse anyway? Secondly, I like to keep things down to what I actually need.
I don't use a purse during class because I have a book bag, but I use a purse when I go out - keys, money, ID, lipstick or lipgloss, paper etc. I have 2 really small purses because I don't want to carry a big thing or a lot I have a small black velvet Kenneth Cole (probably 8 inches by 4 inches) for fancy dates and a pink plaid Ralph Lauren (even smaller - like a wallet with straps) for others. (I give the names because I have a hard time finding some so small and useful and pretty)

As for make up Im not even sure where the heck to start. I walk down the make up aisle and Im like - eeek too many choices!
If you want makeup (not your friends) and don't know, just go to a nice store and ask for help. Something like Clinique or MAC - the woman will pick everything out and put it on. Then you can buy these or not. Maybe try a few as a experiment - if you don't like any then no problem and you save money. :)

Women's pants dont look good on me, especially with my thunder thighs, and they said I need a bra that gives a little more oomph.
:laugh2: Why are they talking about your bra?

I dont like dresses, make up makes me feel like a clown, earrings bug the hell out of me, and my shoes have got to be roomy and comfy, and bigger - the better kick ass with, lol (OK I didnt say that last part because this conversation took place in a Baptist Church)

And there was even a comment that the pastor was uh-uh-uh 'wondering' about me in sense of "Is she straight, bi, gay, in, out, is she even Christian??"
A minister said this?? This seems out of the lines to me.

After much conversation we just finally narrowed it down to this: with me being a single mom - Im appearently overcompensating for the lack of a companion. And of course this is coming from someone who has been recently engaged! (I feel good for her, really I do, but now Im just like - eh - Im not good enough appearently).

Its been ages since Ive done anything feminine - so what is that women do when they get together?

We are wild - don't you see the ads on TV? No, I am joking. My girlfriends and I watch movies, talk about guys and family, eat junk etc. I go clothes shopping with one good friend and twice we go to the makeup counter. Another good friend probably would die about makeup and is horrible shopping because she thinks everything looks bad on her. I belong to a women's soccer team and a lot of women are not feminine at all (but tough soccer players!) and we do the same things, except more time in bars with them because they are a bit nuts. :P Some of my soccer teammates probably would slidetackle me on my head if I say they are "not feminine enough", need a better bra, better clothes etc. (some are bigger than my brother :)) but why say these things? Everyone is different or the world is boring.

Are you happy with your looks and dress? If so, why worry? No need to feel "peer pressure", right? :)

kaitin is right... ignore peer pressure.. dont listen to that.. Dixie~be yourself! ;)

hehe i took my cat to see Santa today.. so it soo cute! i will post here:giggle:

Oh no worries of me succumbing to peer pressure. I think Im happy with who I am - for the most part. I know Gods been beating on my head about certain things and Ive been screaming at Him all night last night. (Alright not screaming in the literal sense, but you know what I mean!)

I really have not liked girly things since I was a child. I dreaded wearing dresses and felt 'alien' in them. I feel rather at home at the thought of me sitting in a bar somewhere in snowy Colorado, with some guy friends and some gals as well goofing off having a good time. I HATE clothes shopping - I really do. Especially with anyone besides myself!

I have been termed too manly by men- not quite feminine enough by my female counterparts AAACK!! (And yes my pastor heard me say this today and his look was like WTF are you talking about being too manly?! - minus the WTF part, lol.)

I think I need to pay him a visit tomorrow. I probably thinks Im gay for sure by now.... At least I have a reason to be there tomorrow - he'll just happen to be there ---- I hope.

Sometimes I think there's a possibility that I might be gay but not willing to admit that to myself..... and man thats a strange feeling! Kind of like everyone knows your pregnant but you. :lol:

OK I probably need to lay off the caffeine by now - this is my 4th cup since 4pm.

Oh no worries of me succumbing to peer pressure. I think Im happy with who I am - for the most part. I know Gods been beating on my head about certain things and Ive been screaming at Him all night last night. (Alright not screaming in the literal sense, but you know what I mean!)

I really have not liked girly things since I was a child. I dreaded wearing dresses and felt 'alien' in them. I feel rather at home at the thought of me sitting in a bar somewhere in snowy Colorado, with some guy friends and some gals as well goofing off having a good time. I HATE clothes shopping - I really do. Especially with anyone besides myself!

I have been termed too manly by men- not quite feminine enough by my female counterparts AAACK!! (And yes my pastor heard me say this today and his look was like WTF are you talking about being too manly?! - minus the WTF part, lol.)

I think I need to pay him a visit tomorrow. I probably thinks Im gay for sure by now.... At least I have a reason to be there tomorrow - he'll just happen to be there ---- I hope.

Sometimes I think there's a possibility that I might be gay but not willing to admit that to myself..... and man thats a strange feeling! Kind of like everyone knows your pregnant but you. :lol:

OK I probably need to lay off the caffeine by now - this is my 4th cup since 4pm.

Important that you are honest with yourself first and foremost. We, ADers, wont judge u and thanks for trusting us enough to share all this information.

Just follow your heart and u seem not worried about what others think of u. :)

And thats one of my faults as a human - Im too trusting - I guess its because the Internet is so random sometimes.

But I was sitting here thinking of all the qualities and features Im looking for in a partner and I think I may be looking for myself! :lol: jk

And yes I can tell Ive had too much caffeine - my grammar is getting sloppy!

Oh no - the grammar officer is going to be stopping by! :eek: lol (OK friendly jab at pek1)

So enough of me - how's your week started out shel? (and others if you want to reply)

And thats one of my faults as a human - Im too trusting - I guess its because the Internet is so random sometimes.

But I was sitting here thinking of all the qualities and features Im looking for in a partner and I think I may be looking for myself! :lol: jk

And yes I can tell Ive had too much caffeine - my grammar is getting sloppy!

Oh no - the grammar officer is going to be stopping by! :eek: lol (OK friendly jab at pek1)

So enough of me - how's your week started out shel? (and others if you want to reply)

Well..my plans Sat night got screwed up. I did get to meet my friends for dinner before heading out to see the Christmas lights. Turns out that the waitress messed up with our check for all 15 of us so we all spent an hour and half trying to figure out why we were almost $50 short on the dinner bill. Turned out that the waitress charged us 3 meals that none of us ordered and she kept denying it and saying that we ordered it. Manager got involved. By the time we got all the problems solved, it was too late to go see the lights and everyone was in a bad mood.

Sunday, I started my time of the month so I had severe cramps and a migraine headache but I had to do food shopping, finish the laundry, and clean the house. It was hard but I managed. My son got into the chemicals in the bathroom so it was frightening cuz he was ready to swallow some of it. He figured out how to get thru the baby proof locks. sHIT! So, I moved all the chemicals into the basement.

Today, I still had my migraine headache but no cramps. I went to work cuz my aide had been out all last week and I know if I stayed home, she wouldnt be prepared to take over my class. By noon my head was pounding soooo badly so I said I was going home at 1 after I get my student's homework all organized and my lessons ready for tmw. At 1, I said I was going home at 2 because I wasnt finished. At 2, I said I was going home at 3 cuz I still need to do other things even though the homework and tmw's lessons have been completed. At 3, I decided to stay until 4 cuz I wanted to rest in my classroom before picking my son up. LOL! I cant leave work cuz so much needs to be done!!! I went over my lessons for tmw with my aide if I am still not feeling good tmw but knowing me I probably will go to work anyway. As I am typing, my head is pounding but I am not tired. Now, my cramps are back.

The few good things that came out of the last 3 days were I got my bills done, 90% of my Christmas cards mailed out, and made reservations at MedievalTimes for a dinner show as a surprise for my hubby's birthday. Yep, more money went bye bye down the drain! LOL! December is always the month to break my bank!!!

How was your week so far? LOL!

Well nothing new actually - Im about to get me and my DD a shower, change into PJs, smoke a cigarette or two then head off to bed.

I lost my iPod on Friday that had the music to my ASL Christmas Special on it, and now Im running around at the last minute feels like to get a decent soundtrack. The one we had on hand at church was so horrid I was tempted to throw it out the front door on the street, but decided against it in favor of acting more *ahem* ladylike :lol:

The iPod still hasnt turned up, and Im going nutty at work without any music to go by. People dont realize that my life needs a soundtrack thats at least more exciting than my life is, lol.

Sometime this week I have to go get something to wear to a wedding on Saturday - Im thinking something Ellen-esque would do well since it has a womanly touch to it, but also not overly frilly. I think some dress pants, button down shirt and oxford sweater and shoes would do the trick, along with some hairgel. Im thinking a colorful mohawk would go well at a wedding with a black and white theme, lol. Just think technicolor hair in a grey scale world.....

And speaking of hair, I got it trimmed, and I wish it would stay this nice looking and easy to style all the time. I think this is Gods way of keeping hairdressers in a job, lol.

I hope I get money! :lol: Nothing wrong with that is there??

Anyway me and my DD are watching Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer. Not bad - I just wish I could find the DVD collection of all the Classic Christmas movies so that we could watch them anytime we want during Christmas and not have to wait for them to air and we could schedule to watch them at better times.

Anyone remember watching these movies when they were a kid??

Yep couldnt forget the old days.. hehe.. they should be on ABC Family on cable or satellite. I have seen few of them and plus there are alot of movies on Hallmark channel and Lifetime channel related to Christmas. I have watched alots last week while i was sick. :)

I was trashed last night, drunk too many with my friends last night. Good times, good times!

its a lousy day ... its cloudy, misting and foggy here! blahhh.. I still have sinus headaches. It suck! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back