What state do you think the best?

deafpride

Reaction score
I would like to open discussion. Just curious about your opioion and support of any state that you would interest to live. What state is most popular deaf that which has large deaf society or communty? Which state is cheapest living? What do you perfer to live in a small city or large city? Can you explain why? I am interested in deaf people who feel comfortable to live in anywhere in US. Also, I think some of these people who feel belong to thier homes and communities.

I think NY and DC/Maryland have Large deaf communities. I don't have personal experience with many other deaf communities. Here in Seattle is a moderate sized deaf community but living here is EXPENSIVE. i love Seattle anyways since I'm happy here and it's all worth it to me.

I heard NYC and Minnesota has substantial deaf communities. Course, I might be wrong. I think it's cheaper to live in MN than NY! :)

I'd be interested to hear others' opinions.

WV has expensive property tax, so I am hoping we would move soon after I hear from the new jobs in GA. I hear GA is cheaper than WV.

dhw5320 said:
I think NY and DC/Maryland have Large deaf communities. I don't have personal experience with many other deaf communities. Here in Seattle is a moderate sized deaf community but living here is EXPENSIVE. i love Seattle anyways since I'm happy here and it's all worth it to me.

yes i agree along with CA (LA area) i think unless many has since moved out of CA

minnesota is a large deaf community.. but like others.. where there are large deaf community the gossip and backstabbing spreads fast.. yikes..

its cheap to live in minnesota in some areas.. mostly in twin cities area are expensive. but the country area is very da bomb cheap.. alot of deafies here in minnesota moved out of cities to live in country area.. so its like spreading out.. well..

North Carolina. Open county view, filled with mountains, wild life, water falls, beautiful campgrounds. :)

state

Well States doesnt matter.... as long as have a roof over the heads to keep safe and well... that all matter. as for me I rather live in the hot climate. But whatever goes i accept as long as i have a roof over my head and can afford to keep a place and food to feed the stomaches safe home that all matters so therefore there is no states that are the best as long as have a roof over the heads to keep safe and well that all matters no state is better.
RCWSGURL

Thinking about moving to other state with the beaches in the future. I know there are few states with the beaches I like to live. Need researching more before go move in.

CA is out of question for me cuz of $$ and suck economic (no offended to CA residents). East Coast is good but need more space.

Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington State seem good to me. Wish I could live in British Columbia, Canada but one problem is citizenship.

I agree with Deafscuba.. I just avoid from those backstabbers. not worth my time, but for MN Kerry/Edwards campaign's sake, I just do my job but while not doing my job, I tend to avoid deaf community in MN. For me, I will stay in Twin Cities... better than going crazy in country.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
minnesota is a large deaf community.. but like others.. where there are large deaf community the gossip and backstabbing spreads fast.. yikes..

its cheap to live in minnesota in some areas.. mostly in twin cities area are expensive. but the country area is very da bomb cheap.. alot of deafies here in minnesota moved out of cities to live in country area.. so its like spreading out.. well..

Calisucks

I cant say anything nice about California except it shakes and bakes everyone living on it. Deaf communities here in California have turned it into a bloody jungle.

Richard

Ontario,Canada

Best to vist at Northern of Ontario.. which there has awesome skiing and ski-doo as snowmobile during winter time. If you visit in Ontario,Canada during the summer time, Best visit Southwestern of Ontario and Northern of Ontario awesome camping reason why, there has lotsa of fishing and activites events too..

Nesmuth said:
I cant say anything nice about California except it shakes and bakes everyone living on it. Deaf communities here in California have turned it into a bloody jungle.

Richard

did u ever try to touch north california like san jose? otherwise I agree iwth u deaf community is not so great up here either.. deaf events is not that often it's like just once a month :roll: but other places I don't really bother to go.. but I wud not mind goin to other states..cuz $$ too high here in california but for now.. I just let fate tell me ;)

umm I would have to agree with DeafScuba98 about Minnesota, but I believe Cailforina has a LARGE deaf commiunitry but high cost to live there no joking about that one... but Minnesota has awful gossip, stabbers, alot of people who had moved out from twin cities and move to peaceful small cities.. that what i had been living in minnesota for 11 years and i had this experience with minnesotans but right now im very happy where I am.

Anywhere of other state for living cost, I heard Wyo is the cheap to live there but i haven't try myself but i heard somebody has been talking about but unsure about it.

Minn is not only one state with extreme backstabbing. I do believe every big city in every state have Deaf community. There are always have stabbings, gossips, and revenage. My answer is "culture".

Lasza said:
Minn is not only one state with extreme backstabbing. I do believe every big city in every state have Deaf community. There are always have stabbings, gossips, and revenage. My answer is "culture".
yea i agree with u! *AMEN*

Lasza said:
Yes u darn right, Lasza! i think every state has some bad deaf communities and some good too..I know one place in Oklahoma has a deaf community really an apartment complex where most of them are deaf and they are really bad about gossip, backstabbing etc..i never went there even though i know some people there, i just stay faaarrrrrr away from that place!! Ive heard a lot of them had to move away due to so much stress there! heh..

Defee said:
Yes u darn right, Lasza! i think every state has some bad deaf communities and some good too..I know one place in Oklahoma has a deaf community really an apartment complex where most of them are deaf and they are really bad about gossip, backstabbing etc..i never went there even though i know some people there, i just stay faaarrrrrr away from that place!! Ive heard a lot of them had to move away due to so much stress there! heh..

Sulphur, Okla?

tekkmortal said:
Sulphur, Okla?
No..its in Norman, Okla...you know it??
I know about Sulphur, Okla..Okla. state school for the deaf is there, i know but i dont know if there is a deaf community there or not, wouldnt surprise me if there is one there..

Back