what kind of jobs do u do?

Ok, I'm curious -- why is it everybody keeps saying SSI sucks? Granted it's low as hell income and barely enough to live on... but y'get plenty of free time. Now that's not always a good thing but.. anyways. Why does SSI suck?

anyone who is physically capable and under 60 should get off their lazy ass and be grown up. then maybe, just maybe there will be some ssi left when we get to retirement age.

I work big press machines over 17 years while I study stock markets online over one year after that start real day trading. I quit big press machines job and start full-time day trading. I am happy with my current income with day trading. It was better than SSI <----------STINK!!!!

Nesmuth,
I don't smell money. You don't know what is inside the Vault. You never wrok inside the Vault before. I don't work 12 hrs a day. No thank you. I work between 7 to 8 hrs a day. I get 2 days off and sometime I get 3 days off. The rule you work in vault is very strict when you handle the money and paperwork. You have to do it right you cannot make mistake in the Vault when you are handle the paperwork. I make rarely mistake. Some people do make mistake when working in the vault and they have to solve the problem and find it.
I know what is smell like inside the vault. It does smell bad, but I get use to it. It is like when you work in the bank. I'm happy I make money and I can afford to pay the bills, foods, clothes for kids, house payment and car payment.
I hate SSI so much!! It is no fun you always get broke. It is not enough money to support my family. That is why I rather to work.

My hubby is working contractor building houses.. me stay home with two small girls...

At the moment I am at home with my kids(i have 2) when the youngest starts school I am going to get my Degree in Social Work & hopefully work with Deaf people & give something to the community.

I clean people's waste, that's my job. In English, I am a janitor for Port of Seattle contract with Northwest Center Inc.

SSI basically controls ur life. first two weeks of the month were usually good but by the end of month u cant even get enough for food at all. people often get hungry because they have other bills to pay too as well. so yea it totally sucks. and even then if i work i have to limit how much i get paid or how many hours i work so i wont lose ssi. (i lose ssi means i lose school and thats last thing i wanted.)

Being on SSI means you are always broke...hated it cuz then I can't go out to have fun or join my friends at events that cost $$. Yes, it is nice to sleep in...not have to get up for work and spend 8 hours at a boring job. But then all you are doing is eating, sleeping and farting your life away on gov't's dime.

I am proudly serving the US. Army as a mechanic soldier. It is a alright job, I get to do my job and everything, and no one can fire me.

I am proudly serving the US. Army as a mechanic soldier. It is a alright job, I get to do my job and everything, and no one can fire me.

oh yes i believe you that you are proudly of your job..... but but but you are "faul Mann" too.. you do never a cook, most got a Pizza and BK.. soucn like yummy but pls think of yourself figure.. be careful, no more fat food. :whip:

oh yes i believe you that you are proudly of your job..... but but but you are "faul Mann" too.. you do never a cook, most got a Pizza and BK.. soucn like yummy but pls think of yourself figure.. be careful, no more fat food. :whip:

In Graf, I don't go out to eat, in the hotel, I have no kitchen!!! Trust me, I perfer cooking my meals, not going somewhere to eat, even though their desserts come out better then what I make:topic:

I work for my husband invoicing tenders etc .Good thing he is my boss any other employer would have got rid of me because i can not use the phone anymore..I am also a foster carer .

I attend part time at the premed school at the University of Utah, and also have a job working as an editor at a medical laboratory at the research park. That job is a full time job, but I work 7 days on then 7 days off. I love it! Then my second job is a part time job which I like doing for fun, not money. It is a job as an American Sign Language tutor at a local community college. The coworkers there are great too!

Since I left Gallaudet U. I have been working in the various field of human service. Currently, I work in AIM (access to independent and mobility) in Deaf service as Advocate. Love this job...

Well, if you are housewife then you can still on SSI.

No, I dont need it because my husband got a great career.

Ssi is piece of sh*t. That is my opinion.

Because, I have been experienced with SSI when I was in college..SSI was so limited.. I rather get a job and more money than SSI....

In my opinion, SSI is good for who are handicapped.. like no arms, no legs, blind etc... Thats fine. But Point is "deaf" cant hear, We dont need ssi... and get a job....Because We have everything arms, legs and to see... just "cant hear"

Depends on Hc people and who can go work.

But, I heard about SSI... they are thinking about banned ! for who are normal as deaf!.. wow.. That is big challenge! !

M-:afro:

I attend part time at the premed school at the University of Utah, and also have a job working as an editor at a medical laboratory at the research park. That job is a full time job, but I work 7 days on then 7 days off. I love it! Then my second job is a part time job which I like doing for fun, not money. It is a job as an American Sign Language tutor at a local community college. The coworkers there are great too!

Hey ya, you re great too!!! :giggle:

I am currently working for 2 jobs, At community college, I am working there as ASL tutor. And I also work at the deaf center in Salt Lake City, my job is to mentor interpreters.

I love my jobs. My husband is working at the ski resort. He loves it but he says it is a lot of work! aahh.

No, I dont need it because my husband got a great career.

Ssi is piece of sh*t. That is my opinion.

Because, I have been experienced with SSI when I was in college..SSI was so limited.. I rather get a job and more money than SSI....

In my opinion, SSI is good for who are handicapped.. like no arms, no legs, blind etc... Thats fine. But Point is "deaf" cant hear, We dont need ssi... and get a job....Because We have everything arms, legs and to see... just "cant hear"

Depends on Hc people and who can go work.

But, I heard about SSI... they are thinking about banned ! for who are normal as deaf!.. wow.. That is big challenge! !

M-:afro:

:gpost: I agree with you. Why should you get SSI if you can get a job and make more money then what SSI can give you. I see using SSI while going to college and in the early years, but not when you are not trying to make your life better. I know a lot of deaf friends in my old working area and where my wife grow up in. They try to ride the system and then complain that they never have money!:pissed: Sorry it that pisses people off, but either get a job and make more money or live on SSI and stop complaining on not having enough money!:blah:

My wife has the hardest job of them all and she gets nothing for what she does. She gets no SSI cause of me, and she don't have a part time job. She is a military wife and a mother of two. Does she want SSI, she would like it, since I get paid just above the poor line, but she don't care even to try. She also has to raise our kids alone whenever I have to go play soldier. She also only 75 lbs with a acute cause of CP. Now, if she can do that, then why can't a deaf person that weighs more then her and have no other medical problems get a job? I do understand some employers don't like to give jobs to the deaf, but the ones I know riding the system trys for one job then gives up for 6 months. If they do get the job, they quit in 2 days.

I agree with scubalady tx.

I use have SSI before, it is really suck. I cannot use it anymore and I have to pay them back!! I owe SSI back. They say I make too much money. OH well SSI don't know any better with deaf people.
I'm happy I got a job and I don't have to worry about being broke.
You right they might cut it off SSI. So, deaf people better hurry up get a job before it too late.

Back