What if you found out your new roomate...

quote by alleycat

Tells us "absolutely under NO circumstances can we touch his laundry" even if it's been sitting in the washer or dryer for a day already and we're waiting our turn.

That is when I take their load of clothes and throw it in a basket.

I used to have a roommate that did that an let their clothes sour in the washer.
The same one would let their clothes set in dryer. I would toss that too in the basket.

They get pissed. but "Oh Well"

They have to understand other people have to do laundry also. The world does not revolve around them. especially when they do not consider others.

Then all that happens is a big fight. And I hate that. We're all supposed to be mature adults. He has the mentality of a child, sometimes. It's easier to just shut up and wait it out. But ultimately we'll end up kicking him out.

Then all that happens is a big fight. And I hate that. We're all supposed to be mature adults. He has the mentality of a child, sometimes. It's easier to just shut up and wait it out. But ultimately we'll end up kicking him out.

Ooohh!

A fight! I did not allow my ex roommate to argue with me. I just told her. That she can let her clothes rot in the basket instead of in the washer!

And that it was not fair! She would leave them there thinking I would put them in the dryer for her. "NOT!" I threw them in the basket. Told her I am not her maid or her mother. She wants her clothes washed she can do it. If she was at home tending to her Laundry like a responsible adult then I would wait it out. but once she leaves. and the clothes been setting and souring. I take them out to wash my own.

Their is no way in hell that I would sit and wait for her. She sometimes did not come home for a few days. So I just wash my clothes, and leave hers in the basket rotting. No different than letting it sit in the washer rotting.

I will give a chance to my roommate then not work out I will kick roommate out. That's simple.

Ooohh!

A fight! I did not allow my ex roommate to argue with me. I just told her. That she can let her clothes rot in the basket instead of in the washer!

And that it was not fair! She would leave them there thinking I would put them in the dryer for her. "NOT!" I threw them in the basket. Told her I am not her maid or her mother. She wants her clothes washed she can do it. If she was at home tending to her Laundry like a responsible adult then I would wait it out. but once she leaves. and the clothes been setting and souring. I take them out to wash my own.

Their is no way in hell that I would sit and wait for her. She sometimes did not come home for a few days. So I just wash my clothes, and leave hers in the basket rotting. No different than letting it sit in the washer rotting.

You put them in the basket?? THat's better then I did..I threw them on the floor..LOL

If you and your roommate were on the same lease, then you're probably stuck. If it's just you on the lease, then you can kick him out. ;)

If you and your roommate were on the same lease, then you're probably stuck. If it's just you on the lease, then you can kick him out. ;)

Yep, I am the homeowner. He is just a renter and without a lease. All we have to do is give him 30 days notice. YAY :)

That's why I have no roommate at this time. I'd prefer to be alone in my apt because I value my privacy and peace. I don't need any hissy fits from any roommates. :aw:

You put them in the basket?? THat's better then I did..I threw them on the floor..LOL

:lol:

Yup put them in the basket and set them on top of the dryer.

Did not throw them on the floor because then the clothes would be in the way.

Been tempted to toss them in the garbage a few times. :D

That's why I have no roommate at this time. I'd prefer to be alone in my apt because I value my privacy and peace. I don't need any hissy fits from any roommates. :aw:

Me, too, I prefer to live alone in my big townhouse without any haggles from any roommates except my two cats. :D

Sorry to see that everyone had issues with their roommates.

The only problem I had with my roommate was that he walked around naked!

...was a slob, left his clothes all over the floor, turned off the heater before bedtime and ended up 20 degrees in the morning, AND always left the front door unlocked knowing there was a house break-in recently in the neighborhood?

Holla!

Deploy the artillery and fire some sense into his head!

Plan B: Eviction or move out.

AlleyCat for sainthood! Espcially since she has the legal upper hand!:lol:

The solution is simple - kick him out on the grounds of incompatibility and the lack of taking responsibility to keep his things locked up and secure. (not locking the front door)

AlleyCat for sainthood! Espcially since she has the legal upper hand!:lol:

Way I see it AC doesn't need grounds....

Just a 30 day notice.

You guys would all be right :D

I do hold a real estate license so I'm familiar with the real estate laws in Minnesota relating to tenancy. And I, as the homeowner, do not need any legal grounds, especially since there's no written lease. But to avoid any legal hassles I will give him written 30 days' notice. I just heard that a friend is interested in being a roommate at my house so I just might kick out my hissy-fit roommate in a matter of days :D

Back