What drink did you have today?

I wonder if any of those beers travel well?...
In England there are hundreds of different local beers, some that never travel out of their local area. If I'm in a different part of the country, I'll always try the local stuff first.

i wonder that too, actually New Zealand is leading in wheat beers, not sure if thats entirely true or just local media doing the marketing on their behalf (it does up you know)

IMG_2155.jpg

this is what i have on my shelf right now, finished the rum last week, just minutes ago i finished a wee nip glass of the Arran 10 year old, really nice, powdered cocoa, butterscotch on the palette and vanilla on the nose, with this longish syrupy finish (but soft and not sticky). This one is really lovely.

i wonder that too, actually New Zealand is leading in wheat beers, not sure if thats entirely true or just local media doing the marketing on their behalf (it does up you know)

Wheat beers are quite rare in England, but there are a few small breweries that do it. It's not my favourite type of beer.

and the Renaissance Stonecutter Scotch Ale is so rare its unobtainable , it pissing me off! OUT of STOCK!! farrrk its the BEST beer I have ever had. Huntington's Doppelbock, its really good, good transition from softness to sweetness to spicyness (nice and mild) and lingers off like a dark ale should...its veery impressive (double e on purpose), cant find a beer that matches its perfect taste-handling, whatever its supposed to be call, i just dont have enought time to learn connieseuers' terminonologies...

wheat beer is not common here either, its a fad thing i guess, its body is big frame, but hollow bodies, i wasnt tooo impressed, its lke they got the tannins right on wines but lost the plot with the fruit, so what's the point?
that's how i saw wheat beers.
It's a waste of time to be honest.

Carta Roja

Tonight I'm drinking Carta Roja, a red wine from Spain.

It's a 'Gran Reserva' which means it has been aged for at least 5 years. My bottle has a 2004 date on it. It's made from the Monastrell grape variety.

The colour is a deep ruby red. Due to the ageing, it has a lovely complex oaky fruity aroma. The taste is strong, spicy & a bit too bitter for my taste. Overall I'm a bit disappointed as I was expecting something a bit better as it was an expensive wine. I only bought it because my local shop was selling it for half price. I certainly wouldn't buy this wine at its asking price. Having said that, it's nice enough.
1272900747_original_1.jpg

Brancott Estate North Island Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon

In honour of our OP I'm drinking a New Zealand wine.

I've never had this one before. It's Brancott Estate North Island Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon 2009. It was on sale at a discount price.

It has a nice dark ruby colour. An oaky sweet aroma. And it tastes full of flavour, but smooth & slightly spicy.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Cabernet Sauvignon grape. I can't quite explain why, but I just don't like the taste. A bit too "syrupy" for me. But I love the Merlot grape which adds a bit more of a "fruity" taste to this blend.

row_merlot-cabernet-sauvignon.png

When I was an alcoholic I would drink that kool-aid known as 'Boone's Farm', have some Smirnoff, Skyy Vodka, Jack Daniels Whiskey, Jose Cuervo Especial, and Jaegermeister. All in one night. Why I never died of alcohol poisoning is beyond me. All I can say is the good Lord must not be done with me yet!

I forget it name sniffle on bottle I don't remember, I remember rim 8% percent!
I think so I don't like cooler, I prefer on rim and sniftler :lol:

If you can't remember what you drank then maybe it time to stop drinking!

I cant drink anymore but Jack, Guiness, and Sam Adams seasonal brew is good

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Coffee! Doug's avatar makes me crave SB frappucino.

Back