what do you think about true love?

Maybe watching a few episodes of "The Jerry Springer Show" might enlighten a few.....(j/k).....

But I've always believed that a "good mate" is someone that you enjoy being with, have things in common, the same goals....sort of a "best friend"....some people put too much empathis on SEX, thinking it's Love, when it's just Lust...that gets "old" after awhile....

I am still not sure what true love is. I guess my dreams of what true love was destroyed by the demise of my first marriage. I really honestly thought it was true love with my ex hubby. I love my current hubby now and yes, it is different but still...the question remains for me. What is really TRUE love?

Some people think their life will be like a fairy tale when they are in love. Like others.. I can see the fairy tale theme. but I do not blame Disney for it.

Perhaps the Grimm Brothers are to blame? :hmm:

I really don't get the Disney connection to true love. :dunno:
What do Disney movies (the ones with a couple living happily ever after) have in common? The couples meet once (or twice)... and live happily ever after.

A woman falls asleep and a prince kisses her. They live happily ever after.

A woman runs away to live with dwarfs and later dies. A prince kisses her and they live happily ever after.

A woman loses her glass slipper after running away from a prince she met once. The prince returns her slipper and they live happily ever after.

This could go on and on... but it all ends with what they call "true love".

I believe that true love is exactly what the rapper eminem describes it to be. "Have you ever loved someone so much, you'd give an arm for?
Not the expression, no, literally give an arm for?
When they know they're your heart
And you know you were their armour"

What do Disney movies (the ones with a couple living happily ever after) have in common? The couples meet once (or twice)... and live happily ever after.

A woman falls asleep and a prince kisses her. They live happily ever after.

A woman runs away to live with dwarfs and later dies. A prince kisses her and they live happily ever after.

A woman loses her glass slipper after running away from a prince she met once. The prince returns her slipper and they live happily ever after.

This could go on and on... but it all ends with what they call "true love".
I know what Disney movies show. I don't understand what they have to do with real life. Certainly, women don't expect their lives to follow Disney movie plots. :lol:

I know what Disney movies show. I don't understand what they have to do with real life. Certainly, women don't expect their lives to follow Disney movie plots. :lol:

Haha, you'd be surprised. Immature people (even adults) still exist and believe some extremely strange (and dumb) things, lol.

True love exists, but we are not allowed to talk about religion on this forum, so I cannot elaborate.

Back