What do you find to be the most unattractive quality in opposite sex?

The most unattractive qualities

• Bad Hygiene

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Smokers

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Fat/Obesity

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Lazy/Unmotivated

• Controlling

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Clingy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others - Explain

• Total voters
my vote says smoking and bad breathe as dating tips

1. Can't hold down a job.

2. Smooches off people.

3. Doesn't know how to compromise.

4. Doesn't think of others.

5. Don't know how to take care of themselves in terms of health.

"Unattractive Quality" is quite the oxymoron I would say, but I get the point of the question. I am quite the "controlling individual" myself. I am quite selfish too. I insist on doing some cleaning, want to do the cooking, will work and love it very much so. I demand time with the children as well, no girl's nights out everytime, because everyday is family day. I am very stubborn and refuse to "ever cross the street again, before looking both ways."

There are several things I don't like, but the one thing I hate the most is dishonesty.

I agree. I also find Jalousy and controlling very unatractive too. Also people who are guilt trip, do drugs and those who knock their partner and/or children about.

Since I find all of these characteristics undesireable, I pick "all of the above."

My choice for "other" would be dishonesty -- which I can't stand.

Fat is a problem for you? an overweight person can lose weight, You'll be a sorry if the woman that you turned down on for a date had decide to lose weight, became gorgeous and fit. You'll be a sucker for turning her down in the first place, and she'll remember that you didn't want her when she was fat. Women wouldn't like men choosing them just because they're gorgeous and fit.

Wait, so, let me get this straight. You've only 'lost out' on a fat woman if she loses weight, because she can't be both gorgeous and fat?

I'm disturbed that "fat" has gotten so many votes. Hell, I'm disturbed it's even an option. I whole-heartedly believe we're free to decide that a partner that can't cook isn't good enough for us, but one that's -fat- isn't? How.. painfully shallow that is.

I suggest that all of you, male or female, check out some honestly awesome links like this
and especially this, and take one hell of a good long look at what's said.

It never fails to disturb me that people still say and think things like this- here in good old america, the average woman is by BMI standards overweight or obese because she cannot fit into a size 8 jean. Do you care to say that an overwhelming amount of women and men alike are not 'attractive' partners unless they manage to lose weight and keep it off to be -good enough for you-?

Wait, so, let me get this straight. You've only 'lost out' on a fat woman if she loses weight, because she can't be both gorgeous and fat?

I'm disturbed that "fat" has gotten so many votes. Hell, I'm disturbed it's even an option. I whole-heartedly believe we're free to decide that a partner that can't cook isn't good enough for us, but one that's -fat- isn't? How.. painfully shallow that is.

I suggest that all of you, male or female, check out some honestly awesome links like this
and especially this, and take one hell of a good long look at what's said.

It never fails to disturb me that people still say and think things like this- here in good old america, the average woman is by BMI standards overweight or obese because she cannot fit into a size 8 jean. Do you care to say that an overwhelming amount of women and men alike are not 'attractive' partners unless they manage to lose weight and keep it off to be -good enough for you-?

I think that you'd have to ask what someone's definition of fat is. I'll readily admit that was my answer to the poll, but I know that my definition of it is not the same as the "BMI" scale. First of all, in the second link in your post, she links twice to the same blog, which offers no links to where it is getting its information. Second, to base that analysis on the BMI index is slightly misleading anyways, and if you notice (in the study on how fat can be healthy), it goes down with "overweight" then starts to rise again at "obese". It's just a great example of not providing a lot of information, or a source, but trying to prove something anyways.

I agree that there are also skinny people who treat their bodies like crap, and that bothers me too, the same way smoking does. I know that people have different bodies, and I wouldn't expect everyone to look the same. I do think, however, that there is a certain point that you can reach where you are doing something unhealthy to your body that you could actually choose to stop. (And believe me, it's far past the "morbidly obese" examples in that slideshow).

I don't see how that makes it a less valid option than cooking, though. I know a ton of people who try and try and just aren't good cooks. Why isn't that shallow? Physical attraction is a huge aspect of a relationship. I don't think it's fair to say that someone could not want to be with someone who's dishonest (and who knows, maybe they have a condition that makes it almost impossible for them to be honest), as opposed to someone that they don't find attractive. They're all factors in a relationship, so why are some more shallow than others?

Well, the first thing that came to my head was, 'the fact that they are the opposite sex'. (&no, I am not a lesbian).

Dishonesty has to be one of the top things, fallowed very closely by bad hygiene, controlling, and lazy... then theres always drug use and a few other things that would make me turn around and walk away fast

Well, I've read it all and must tell ya, looks are so so so over-rated. I'd rather have a fat smart man than a good looking stupid man. Some people are just fat. But each to his own. I am gonna follow God, not the flock on earth.

Fat = short lives

and there's no God.

Just us people, fat, ugly, blind, deaf, pretty, short, tall, whatever.

The only meaning of this, "I follow God", is you're not following anything in fact you're not gonna do anything and get fat.

"To do good is god."

Back