What do deaf people say that bothers you as a deaf person?

Remember people, we are not here to argue.. I'm hoping that this will allow people to say what they think without people attacking them. This is more of a throw on the table type of thing rather than a discussion. This CAN be a discussion, only in another thread.

Yep, I've sat on my fingers several times already :giggle:
It felt good anyway because I'm freezing!
ponykalt.gif

I really don't think "an initiation period" must be served here first before one tackles any concept.
no, but think about this if freckles started this originally, it'll be better; more responses and no such discussion about "initiation period" there. just because people here have known me for a 'long time'. :giggle: so I can understand both views.

Cheri said:
That's why I don't involved myself much in the deaf community, if there is gonna be people like them there.
ouch, that hurts. I am deaf too. that's sterotype I hate so much of deaf people, like ALL deafies are the same. it's not, I should be a hearie. seriously.

yes...I see "if". but again, I am very much like you (cheri). I avoid deaf events because of that. and avoid ingorant people who's not interested in deaf culture or avoid whoever hates oral/hard of hearie people just because they didn't had chance learning ASL or had enough exposures of deaf community like shelly.

" HAs " is starting to bother me, I see it everywhere now - what the hell DOES that means? it'd be nice if you could not abbreviate it at first usage, thank you... :cool2:

I dislike the shrug and "You know, deaf of course" comment. As in of course adults are called by their first name. We are all deaf. Privately I translate this to mean they are saying Deaf Culture lacks cultured manners.

Some people simply do not realize that Deaf Culture is a culture that has different customs other than Canadian and American Cultures.

So yes, you can expect the manners to be different in some ways. Customs do vary by countries and cultures.

AHA. thank you mints.. see I'm so (profoundly) deaf but not so deafie lol.

ouch, that hurts. I am deaf too. that's sterotype I hate so much of deaf people, like ALL deafies are the same. it's not, I should be a hearie. seriously.
I didn't say the whole deaf population; I was speaking of some of them, I even pointed that out at the very begin of my post. ;)
Cheri said:
What bothers me about some members of deaf culture
I don't hate them, I just don't like their attitudes.

Well, I don't remember much of what they said about me, but I do remember what I said to them.

"Compared to me, you're a retard." Harsh!

Hey guys, I don't want this to be an attack on the deaf community.....

:nono:

no, but think about this if freckles started this originally, it'll be better; more responses and no such discussion about "initiation period" there. just because people here have known me for a 'long time'. :giggle: so I can understand both views.

:topic:

You can ask moderators to delete all posts prior to yours and rescue the thread. If freckles ask, mods have got no choice but obey :lol:

-

:lol: hermies ..

oh cheri I understood. honestly I feel the same way. but I've been meeting better deaf people by far so I try to keep my mind more opened. sorry if I wasn't clear about hating, I mean I have no tolerance for (deaf and could be hearing too) people who has no patience for those that didn't get enough community experiences and lack in ASL/communication and whatnots.

anyway I hope you'll give me a chance to meet me in one of "communities" if I am and you are ever there! ;)

Since I work as Technology Coordinator I deal with a lot of stuffs i.e. Exchange 2007, Active Directory, GPO scripting, security patches, antivirus deployment, Symantec Ghost and so on. What I do not like is when a technician came in to help me with copier problem, looked down at me, smiled then asked me what wrong. That puts me so LOW!

So, in response, I explained the Active Directory feature of sharing printer on computer, explained to him what I did, set up IP address on the machine, set up SMB configurations and all that. I was only *1* step closer to what I need to do. He looked at me overwhelmed, unable to answer and decided to call for engineering help. I just laughed back at him.

Since I work as Technology Coordinator I deal with a lot of stuffs i.e. Exchange 2007, Active Directory, GPO scripting, security patches, antivirus deployment, Symantec Ghost and so on. What I do not like is when a technician came in to help me with copier problem, looked down at me, smiled then asked me what wrong. That puts me so LOW!

So, in response, I explained the Active Directory feature of sharing printer on computer, explained to him what I did, set up IP address on the machine, set up SMB configurations and all that. I was only *1* step closer to what I need to do. He looked at me overwhelmed, unable to answer and decided to call for engineering help. I just laughed back at him.

Way to go! But I must ask, since this topic relates to deaf to deaf, was that technician deaf?

I've known for a lot longer than you have that Linux is deaf; can't you read?

Back