What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that if I go to bed "early" (12am)...I'll wake up at 5am! Was a very busy day (Sunday) with the Super Bowl festivies and all...super tired around midnight, went to bed and woke up at 5AM!....AD hasn't made me sleepy yet!

I learned that life is six one way and half a dozen the other.
interesting expression, what do you mean exactly? (not the whole detail of your life, i meant um, i dont understand...let me guess first, sometimes you get it all, and sometimes you only get half of what you expected , like luck?...
is that it?
but cool expression....
lol, come to think of it, its from you a poulty farmer where you count six eggs or a dozen eggs....? right ?

Wirelessly posted

Once I caught my daughter playing with the blue tablet for the toilet flush. How she got into it still baffles me however needless to say she was covered from head to toe nearly with blue. It took 3 whole days to get it off :D

:lol:

I learned that life is six one way and half a dozen the other.

Not being a trained counselor so I won't try but at least let me say this:I wish I knew what to say so that you may know that you are loved. A lot of folks play games at the expense of others.....I just hope that somehow the ones doing whatever to you aren't aware they are....

interesting expression, what do you mean exactly? (not the whole detail of your life, i meant um, i dont understand...let me guess first, sometimes you get it all, and sometimes you only get half of what you expected , like luck?...
is that it?
but cool expression....
lol, come to think of it, its from you a poulty farmer where you count six eggs or a dozen eggs....? right ?

It means life always works out the same. Those are the same figures.

Be really nice to the people that don't like you. It's confusing and fun!

I learned today that if I press the 'return to the previous page' button on my BB after posting something 'wirelessly', it re-submits my post and 'double-posts' me. :grrr: I then have to delete it!

I learned that many years ago language that we casually use today was viewed as an absurdity. Winston Churchill was at a dinner with friends once and the servant asked him what portion of the meat he would like (referring to chicken) he responded the breast please. The young lady next to him scowled and said we don't use that sort of language. He replied I am sorry what should I have said, she corrected him in saying we refer to it as the white meat. The next day he sent her a corset with a note attached to it that said place this on your white meat please.

:lol: That is awesome!!!

I learned today: That the sign language we use here in P.R. is at it's very core, pidgin. Why? Cause way back when in the beginnings of the 1900's some of the d/Deaf && HOH over here decided to get educated in sign language with the new opportunities that getting invaded by the U.S. brought. So when they came back, they taught what they learned to the rest over here combining the ASL plus the " Puerto Rican sign language " that they had developed before getting some kind of " proper " education on it.

I find it very interesting cause, what if we hadn't been invaded by the U.S. and kept being ruled by Spain, or became a republic? What would have been the sign language used today by our people? Would we have been influenced by the Spanish sign language just like we have been by the American sign language? That tidbit of information arose a lot of questions in me and I actually find myself loving the idea of having Puerto Rican sign language but, there isn't one, per se.

Another thing I learned is OUR way of saying " Christmas ". In Spanish, Christmas is " Navidad " and our teacher told us that lately, d/Deaf Puerto Ricans changed the sign to an " N " going from the forehead to the chin ( why? she has no freaking idea, they just did and correct you if you sign it the previously known way lol ).

All in all, it was a very interesting day at class today! :D

I learned today: That the sign language we use here in P.R. is at it's very core, pidgin. Why? Cause way back when in the beginnings of the 1900's some of the d/Deaf && HOH over here decided to get educated in sign language with the new opportunities that getting invaded by the U.S. brought. So when they came back, they taught what they learned to the rest over here combining the ASL plus the " Puerto Rican sign language " that they had developed before getting some kind of " proper " education on it.

I find it very interesting cause, what if we hadn't been invaded by the U.S. and kept being ruled by Spain, or became a republic? What would have been the sign language used today by our people? Would we have been influenced by the Spanish sign language just like we have been by the American sign language? That tidbit of information arose a lot of questions in me and I actually find myself loving the idea of having Puerto Rican sign language but, there isn't one, per se.

Another thing I learned is OUR way of saying " Christmas ". In Spanish, Christmas is " Navidad " and our teacher told us that lately, d/Deaf Puerto Ricans changed the sign to an " N " going from the forehead to the chin ( why? she has no freaking idea, they just did and correct you if you sign it the previously known way lol ).

All in all, it was a very interesting day at class today! :D

I knew it! Peruvian Sign Language is similar to ASL -very similar! So that's why I guessed PRSL was kinda the same. So that mean I can sign PR too!? :O If that is, I learned today that I can sign Puerto Rican Sign Language :P

I knew it! Peruvian Sign Language is similar to ASL -very similar! So that's why I guessed PRSL was kinda the same. So that mean I can sign PR too!? :O If that is, I learned today that I can sign Puerto Rican Sign Language :P

Since both ( Peruvian and Puerto Rican ) are heavily influenced by ASL, I guess you can! It'd be interesting to sign and just learn the different signs that make each one unique in it's combination =]

I learned that while some of my boxes in the garage and in really bad shape, most are still pretty good. Just needed to be re-taped due to the heat.

I will have to buy some more packing tape. Luckily, I don't think I will need much more packing boxes. I have another 10 new ones to use that are large. I will need some medium ones for books and my art supplies.

I learned that the sunday clouns may have lost their position on the farm due to the egg fuck up yesterday morning.

I learned that my cat can jump on to my bed but only to make me get out of bed to satisfy his demands!

I learned today that GameStop can be very lackadaisical in their policies at times. I also learned that my son is more than happy that we are leaving Florida.

Miss D - One of our cats always jumps on the bed right before the alarm goes off. He then walks all over hubby to get him up, follows him to the kitchen and keeps an eye on hubby. If hubby tries to come back to bed, Sammy is there to walk all over him again. What's funny is, if I have hubby's uniform hanging out, then Sammy recognizes it and knows it's a work day. It there's no uniform out, then he will let hubby sleep a little later. Hubby's boss was Sammy's previous owner, so Sammy knows the uniforms. Tinkerbell could care less.:laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back