What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that the company hubby currently works for is not doing well and may be starting to cut hours.

Sorry to hear that. :( :hug:

My brother recently got a promotion at work. He is now the Patrol Commander. His title will be Lieutenant, I think. He will be basically running all of the uniform division. He will get a raise, but he will lose the ability to work overtime. He will make a little less money at the end of the year, but he will be working fewer hours.
Hooray for my brother!!!

The local Dunkin Donuts called asking when my daughter will be 17. They are anxiously awaiting her birthday so they can hire her. They have no one tall enough to get the donuts off the higher racks. All of then are 5' or 5'2", she is 6'4".

That's really cool that they're BEGGING your daughter to come work for them! They better pay her well and treat her nice. :)

I learn that mario tadisco was my distance cousin. He was involved in some the type of mafia stuff movies but not much. sadly, He passed away in 1996.

Wirelessly posted

Have learned you can change things if you just make a definite decision to. It all starts with you.

I learned that my dad can be an idiot. He went to turn my truck around in the snow, ended up losing it down the driveway. Thankfully there was no damage. I told him to just leave it, I can move it in a couple of days when the snow melts off. It's not in the way and no one is blocked. It is now sitting in the front yard with half the rubber burned of my tires and half a tank of fuel lighter despite me having just filled it this morning before the snow got bad. I had to spend my mid-day break from farming driving up and down the driveway to 'beat down the snow' in his truck. It was his idea not mine. It didn't do anything except pack it down tight and made it slick. It's like ice now.

I'm hoping it gets above freezing tomorrow so the snow will melt off a bit. But not looking forward to the re-freeze.

I learned that my starter on my car died again. We just replaced it with a new one in October of 2009.

I learned that one of my friend's newborn twin is fighting for his life tonight. I hope he makes it.

I learned that I can spend a whole afternoon re-organizing my desk to be more efficient, and STILL NOT get done! Back at it again tomorrow.

It would take me a week to get my classroom fully organized. I need better organization skills! I am good at multitasking and staying focused but organization is still a work in progress. Uggggh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back