What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they didn't get hen-picked enough to do their job correctly.

Nope, they were just fu--errr, clucking around.

:D

I like Bott's new avatar...that thing is wild.

Thanks. That's an actual picture of an medieval helmet with the knights bone spetacles bolted to the front so he could see to fight. :ty:

I was wondering about that picture, the helmet does look somewhat fierce.
Do you know where that helmet is, like is it on display somewhere?
Looks neat:)

I learned a new analogy of how well at least one certain man in particular views women:

"women are like “nice brand new dress shoes.” You see them in the store and they are there looking all good on the shelf. Oh, they are nice. You imagine yourself with them..wearing them…showing them off to all your friends. So, you buy them. And you are sooo happy. For a little while you are so glad to have them, you don’t even take them out of the box. But they are yours and you love them. You have looked at them and smiled for weeks. They have made you happy just by having them. Then after having them for a couple months, and enjoying the fact that you have these great shoes, you put them on and you cant believe it. Your brand new shoes that you have loved for months are suddenly too tight! They weren’t too tight in the store…in fact, they were perfect! They looked perfect, they felt perfect…so what the heck happened?
But here’s the thing. If they were so perfect at one time, they could possibly be perfect again. You just need to spend some more time with them. Wear them a little bit more. Put some of that spray in ‘em and stretch ‘em out a little. The point was, I said man just because they were looking all great in the store, and you bought them because you loved them so much, you can’t just put them in the closet and not wear them. Take em dancing, take ‘em to your favorite restaurant. Do SOMETHING with them. And they will feel better with time… not worse!"

I learned a new analogy of how well at least one certain man in particular views women:

"women are like “nice brand new dress shoes.” You see them in the store and they are there looking all good on the shelf. Oh, they are nice. You imagine yourself with them..wearing them…showing them off to all your friends. So, you buy them. And you are sooo happy. For a little while you are so glad to have them, you don’t even take them out of the box. But they are yours and you love them. You have looked at them and smiled for weeks. They have made you happy just by having them. Then after having them for a couple months, and enjoying the fact that you have these great shoes, you put them on and you cant believe it. Your brand new shoes that you have loved for months are suddenly too tight! They weren’t too tight in the store…in fact, they were perfect! They looked perfect, they felt perfect…so what the heck happened?
But here’s the thing. If they were so perfect at one time, they could possibly be perfect again. You just need to spend some more time with them. Wear them a little bit more. Put some of that spray in ‘em and stretch ‘em out a little. The point was, I said man just because they were looking all great in the store, and you bought them because you loved them so much, you can’t just put them in the closet and not wear them. Take em dancing, take ‘em to your favorite restaurant. Do SOMETHING with them. And they will feel better with time… not worse!"
Bullshit analogy. Women are not shoes, they are human beings.

I learned that MIL is back to her nasty and mean-spirited snide remarks to hubby.

I learned that Joel Osteen is the highlight of Daystar TV, LOL. I had a friend that was on there a while back. Has quite a set of pipes on her for a voice. Her name is Naomi Carroll.

I am very tough complication! I am very seems weird!!

That I love. love. love. buffalo wings! (I did know that. I just re-learned it today. :lol: )

Miss D, that's great - what's the book about? Does it have a title yet?

I learned that even though ya think everything went well about a job.....things can still fizzle out.

I was wondering about that picture, the helmet does look somewhat fierce.
Do you know where that helmet is, like is it on display somewhere?
Looks neat:)

No I just found the picture when researching medieaval eyeglasses. I don't know the location of the actual helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back