What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss D - One of our cats always jumps on the bed right before the alarm goes off. He then walks all over hubby to get him up, follows him to the kitchen and keeps an eye on hubby. If hubby tries to come back to bed, Sammy is there to walk all over him again. What's funny is, if I have hubby's uniform hanging out, then Sammy recognizes it and knows it's a work day. It there's no uniform out, then he will let hubby sleep a little later. Hubby's boss was Sammy's previous owner, so Sammy knows the uniforms. Tinkerbell could care less.:laugh2:

Sammy is one smart cat! :lol:
Does your hubby like having his own personal alarm? ;)

My cat used to wake me up by jumping over my face or touching my face with his paw or nose. But now he doesn't want to sleep on my bed, so that was why I was surprised to feel him on my bed sitting next to my head til I get up.

He loves to sleep in the armchair. They're his bed now.

Hubby is getting used to it. He likes the attention.

I learn that my hearing aid died at 12:00 PM yesterday and I have meeting at 3:30 PM!! I immediately call my Audiologist to see if she have spare one. So, now I got a loaner and time to get two new hearing aids. Oooh..how lovely!

I learned that we have to stay in Florida until the end of May. We will leave after the last Friday in May to go back to Missouri. Hubby let his boss know what's going on and he totally understands. The boss went to talk with the owners and they have approved overtime for hubby until he leaves.

Also learned that hubby finally gets his dentures on Monday.

I learned that Stephen Hawking lost his voice not due to his ALS, but due to pneumonia whilst visiting Geneva, Switzerland. He collapsed and was having difficulty breathing. When they intubated him, they severed his vocal chords. So a Californian company built him a device where he can talk electronically (albeit with an American accent). It is a hand held clicker that is hooked to a monitor and speaker and he can move his fingers slightly to click around a menu to speak. He is able to do this quickly so his speech follows a pattern similar to Ben Stein. This happened in 1984. Without this we might have lost one of the greatest minds this universe has ever seen as he would not be able to dictate his findings to the world.

I learned that Stephen Hawking lost his voice not due to his ALS, but due to pneumonia whilst visiting Geneva, Switzerland. He collapsed and was having difficulty breathing. When they intubated him, they severed his vocal chords. So a Californian company built him a device where he can talk electronically (albeit with an American accent). It is a hand held clicker that is hooked to a monitor and speaker and he can move his fingers slightly to click around a menu to speak. He is able to do this quickly so his speech follows a pattern similar to Ben Stein. This happened in 1984. Without this we might have lost one of the greatest minds this universe has ever seen as he would not be able to dictate his findings to the world.

Yes, and I read lot about Hawking theories. He's extraordinary guy.

I've learned nothing thus far since my brain is over-tired. Up at 3 am due to insomnia. At work now deliberating the thought of using toothpicks to keep my eyelids open.

I was watching a game show on tv just to relax when a special news report interrupted. It was about Egypt and since the captioning was garbled, I have no idea what the hell is going on. I will not worry about it, let them brainf**k other people. I turned the tv off and will leave it off a while. Ho hum.

I was watching a game show on tv just to relax when a special news report interrupted. It was about Egypt and since the captioning was garbled, I have no idea what the hell is going on. I will not worry about it, let them brainf**k other people. I turned the tv off and will leave it off a while. Ho hum.

Try NBC. The CC is ok there. It is talking about Mubarak steps down.

Nawww, I would prefer trying techniques with a rolling doughnut. ;)

That's ok. :lol: I only try to give assistance when it looks like somebody wants some.

You are free to decline.

Some woman just said Jillio specializes in counseling deaf people. I didn't know that.

I learned that the sunday clouns may have lost their position on the farm due to the egg fuck up yesterday morning.

I know you're being very serious here, but this just made me :laugh2:

"the egg fuck up"? Sounds like the funny farm. LOL! :)

learned its going to rain and i want to do paving...grrr

I guess they didn't get hen-picked enough to do their job correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back