What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think google is trying to be funny. Askew means crooked.

I know what 'askew' means , I was wondering why does made our page crooked when you google it . I find this interesting and cool .

I learned that in Europe, asparagus is often white. They grow white asparagus by covering it with dirt as it grows, so it never sees the sun and stays white. Fun fact for today!

Sent from my LGL34C using AllDeaf App mobile app

http://blog.naturalhealthyconcepts....enefits-of-asparagus-and-why-your-pee-smells/

Did you know this about asparagus , they can made you pee more. " 3.Is a natural diuretic – a beneficial food for those with high blood pressure and other heart-related conditions."

I know what 'askew' means , I was wondering why does made our page crooked when you google it . I find this interesting and cool .

Because that's the very definition of it. Duh. They were just trying to be funny like they do on many other occasions.

I learn more out of condition than thought I walk down rd instead of bus I pooped out.and got one tadpole in pond so far

Tell me about the tadpole in the pond. Do you have a fish pond, what else is going in there?

The duck pond in my city is so deep right now two benches are under water .
I learned this yesterday . At first I thought it was trash in the water then realize it was the benches right near the water. And I learned that was ground under all that snow we had , I had forgotten what it looked like, :giggle:

The duck pond in my city is so deep right now two benches are under water .
I learned this yesterday . At first I thought it was trash in the water then realize it was the benches right near the water. And I learned that was ground under all that snow we had , I had forgotten what it looked like, :giggle:

Sure is good to see that snow go away. Only have a little bit left in my front yard, should be all gone by tomorrow, yay! Now we can start cleaning up and getting the flower gardens ready.

Sure is good to see that snow go away. Only have a little bit left in my front yard, should be all gone by tomorrow, yay! Now we can start cleaning up and getting the flower gardens ready.

Yeah , my dog is happy to be able to pee on the apple trees in our yard again , there was so much snow we could not et to them. My daffodils are coming up but not my tulips . I think the squirrels may had eaten them . I hate to plant anymore flowers in the garden b/c one landscaper pulled out all my sunflowers thinking they were weeds . The damn fool.

Does anybody know what "GO. F." would mean on a tombstone ? It is military-related, I think. We were visiting a cemetery yesterday evening, and we came across two that both had the soldier's name, and then GO. F. underneath it, and their infantry. One was 14th Infantry, the other was 23rd Infantry.

It's hard to read the engraving as these are very old; there's no birth or death dates but we're thinking these are at least back to WW I or II. (The cemetery goes back to about 1880, but I think these two are newer than that.)

Does anybody know what "GO. F." would mean on a tombstone ? It is military-related, I think. We were visiting a cemetery yesterday evening, and we came across two that both had the soldier's name, and then GO. F. underneath it, and their infantry. One was 14th Infantry, the other was 23rd Infantry.

It's hard to read the engraving as these are very old; there's no birth or death dates but we're thinking these are at least back to WW I or II. (The cemetery goes back to about 1880, but I think these two are newer than that.)
Are you sure it's not "CO" instead of "GO"? "CO" would mean "company."

I'm not as familiar with Army designations.

I thought of TCS & Reba while watching the Today Show yesterday. Reba McKntire was on. One of the gals in the crowd had a t-shirt on that said I love (as a red heart) Reba! Time for TCS to have one for "our" Reba.

Are you sure it's not "CO" instead of "GO"? "CO" would mean "company."

I'm not as familiar with Army designations.

One is so hard to read, so it could go either way. But the other one, we thought we were relatively sure it was a G. My husband is Army, and he doesn't recognize it. There is a space beween the GO. and the F. and both letters have periods - it looks exactly like "GO. F." I will upload the better of the two photos from my camera to my phone and then to here, let me know if you can read it better than us.

After looking at it in Photoshop, it could be a C. We both thought at the cemetery it was a G. That's why he couldn't think of what it would be. Now I'm not sure.

ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1429031078.300707.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back