What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just learn about kunderlini meditation omg it quite something

I think the "star" marker means Civil War Union (Northern) Army veteran.

Oh my. I'll keep looking at the pics on the link you gave me. I didn't think to look for the star.

One is so hard to read, so it could go either way. But the other one, we thought we were relatively sure it was a G. My husband is Army, and he doesn't recognize it. There is a space beween the GO. and the F. and both letters have periods - it looks exactly like "GO. F." I will upload the better of the two photos from my camera to my phone and then to here, let me know if you can read it better than us.

Could be General Officer or Garrison Officer. I am figuring out what F stands for.

I would say, company F, 20th Illinois, infantry.

I will ask hubby what he thinks, now that maybe it's a C and not a G. I was the one who first said to him it was a G, so maybe he never considered the C for Company. For this one, it's actually 23rd Infantry. The 3 really doesn't show up well in the photo. The other photo was even harder to read if anyone wants to see that one -- I can upload it.

This morning I learned that our local newspaper, The Post & Courier of Charleston, SC, won the Pulitzer Prize! :shock:

Congrats to them, are you shocked in a good way or bad way?
Just shocked to see the front page headline on the paper this morning. It's a good thing, of course. Just something I wasn't expecting to see. :lol:

Just shocked to see the front page headline on the paper this morning. It's a good thing, of course. Just something I wasn't expecting to see. :lol:

Ok, I thought maybe you thought it wasn't a newspaper worthy of the prize. Pleasant surprises are so nice!

Today I learned that sometimes....just sometime giving up is not dirty word that I always believed it to be. Sometimes it is the necessary action required and let's you dance in the storm freely....

I learn there black birds nest at bottom of garden and the chick is fledging.i sitting here watching mummy bird feeding baby bird and getting annoyed...it lovely see nature outside door

I learn there black birds nest at bottom of garden and the chick is fledging.i sitting here watching mummy bird feeding baby bird and getting annoyed...it lovely see nature outside door

I enjoy bird watching, fun isn't it? Why do you think the mummy bird is annoyed? Hope she isn't using any foul language. :giggle:

I think mummy bird well fed up feeding baby bird and thinks time got boot out of nest..yes I love bird watching hobby of mine gives me reason to go away see different things....I went north wales to see puffins but it meant leaning over high cliff and my horror of heights barred me so got find somewhere see them which don't involve heights

I think mummy bird well fed up feeding baby bird and thinks time got boot out of nest..yes I love bird watching hobby of mine gives me reason to go away see different things....I went north wales to see puffins but it meant leaning over high cliff and my horror of heights barred me so got find somewhere see them which don't involve heights

It's really special to watch those fledglings take off for the first time, they are so hesitant, fun!

I've never seen puffins, but eastern Maine along the coast is the most southern point of puffin colonies. That area is quite a way away from me. That's the trouble with seeing puffins, they just don't accommodate the everyday birdwatcher, do they? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back