What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
learned that it seems like Sprint CapTel sucks (at least for me), and InnoCaption is the winner to use on my iPhone.

Also have a job interview with Sam's Club tomorrow. Here's to hoping it goes well!

learned that it seems like Sprint CapTel sucks (at least for me), and InnoCaption is the winner to use on my iPhone.

Also have a job interview with Sam's Club tomorrow. Here's to hoping it goes well!

My like is for the interview part of this post.

Also, see my answer in the thread about i711 shutting down.

I do too. Since our cake & presents were on the dining room table for our birthdays for at least a day it meant I had to take mine off early to set the table for Thanksgiving dinner. Plus I couldn't have my birthday dinner that day, though my mom would fix it on another day that week (the birthday person got their special dinner while everyone else had a "regular" dinner). I usually chose steak.
Boy do I know about that....

my birthday is in between Christmas and New year's (as is my nephew's). 3 of my relatives (one since passed away :( ) all have birthdays that fall on Thanksgiving week. The twins were born the day after Thanksgiving so I'm sure they ruined it that year lol.

cdmeggers- good luck on your interview! I have one tomorrow too.. phone interview....sigh... I'm not a fan of those (group ones are even more challenging) but hoping with VRS it will be better this time as my phone has really sucked lately with audio in calls...

just learned I need to switch to Program 2 on my CI processors in order to use my ComPilot... uuhh k, coulda swore my audie said the compilot would work with all programs. ..... eh whatever, at least it's working now and I can listen to music.

That my resume is getting some attention (not counting the usual suspects that usually contact me when I first post my resume on job boards). Now to live up to my resume's reputation (my resume is accurate, I just have trouble conveying confidence in my abilities).

:shock:I I just stopped by that popcorn place I took a picture of a few weeks back, and no, they don't have the Japanese Hullness popcorn (sorry Tousi), but they do, however, have an employee who uses ASL. Perfect.

Edited to add that I just found the Daley Plaza where the City of Chicago Christmas Tree will be lit up on the 25th.

Last edited:
I am learning that drinking the daily recommended dose of water is really difficult for me. I'm not much of a water drinker but managing to drink 50 oz a day. Also learned to drink the water earlier in the day so I'm not up all night.

learned that my mom just got a smart phone today! her very first one! I told her if she ever needed help with it, to bug my sister as my knowledge is with iPhones/iDevices, not Android devices lol.

I just learned that my daughter in Ireland is graduating with distiction from Trinity College. Which means she got the highest grade possible. The college also wants to publish her thesis. I wish I could be there for her graduation......super proud mom here.

I learned that next month's Christmas party downtown has been confirmed. I will be headed to the CEO's headquarters next month. Now that should be fun.

Learned that I am only the 2nd case in my city with the ear disease that I have....:shock:...My ENT said there was another Lady who has the same thing....

Learned that I am only the 2nd case in my city with the ear disease that I have....:shock:...My ENT said there was another Lady who has the same thing....

Did you get it from her or did she get it from you?? :cool2::lol:

Ahhhh see your so special. My doctors have told me that they have never had a case as weird as mine.:giggle: At times I do get annoyed hearing "well I've never seen this before".

You have a lot to be thankful for this year RR, it's been a tough one on you. I really hope next year is full of good health and happiness for you. You so deserve it.:angel:

I learned that this town we moved to 24 years ago has officially doubled in population since then. :shock:

I learned that my co teacher is dating my mentor. Awkward.

What the........ I woke up this morning, and I find I have lost a majority of what remaining hearing I had. How that happened, I have absolutely no idea, but given that I am expected to eventually lose it all, I can't be TOO surprised.

What the........ I woke up this morning, and I find I have lost a majority of what remaining hearing I had. How that happened, I have absolutely no idea, but given that I am expected to eventually lose it all, I can't be TOO surprised.

I hope that didn't really happen. Have you put your hearing aids in, and are they working,put in new batteries? Maybe see an ENT as soon as possible.

I hope that didn't really happen. Have you put your hearing aids in, and are they working,put in new batteries? Maybe see an ENT as soon as possible.

It has, and it's something I have been expecting to happen for years, but I wasn't expecting it so soon. And wearing hearing aides won't do me much good now-- I quit wearing them years ago due to sensitivity to loud noises, and getting frequent headaches. Since I quit wearing them, my quality of life has improved a LOT, but I also knew that there was the possibility that I might lose what I had left, but I'm not complaining, though-- I can only see my life getting better, so I am taking a positive and proactive approach to it. I'm not gonna pout and complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back